Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 May 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2686613)   #151
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm totally confused, what the ---- happened? Can someone please provide a short recap?
Old 8 May 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2686621)   #152
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Very briefly, it seems as though Henri was short of budget, tried to sell a share majority in the team and it all went horribly wrong.
Old 8 May 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2686630)   #153
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how might this affect Oak racing since they're still running Pescarolos?
Old 8 May 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2686635)   #154
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I suspect a short recap will be almost impossible; but here's an initial stab at it...

Perpetual... Pescarolo has never been an especially well funded team, especially after the loss of the Peugeot engine supply in 2003. This led to a fairly hand-to-mouth existence, even if we could safely say that what money there was was spent on what was worthwhile.

At the same time it's worth bearing in mind that Henri's never been that focused on the marketing aspect of his team, and the falling out with Soheil Ayari and more particularly the Bouchut affair in 2006 could be seen as leading to the loss of Matmut as a sponsor.

By the end of '07 Pescarolo Sport became Pescarolo Automobiles, with Jacques Nicolet taking a considerable stake in the team. At the end of 2008, with the economy rapidly going downhill Nicolet stepped his involvement back, and Sora Composites stepped in and purchased the Pescarolo race team for 1 Euro.

What exactly was involved in this transaction is still unclear in mind but either way it put Sora firmly in the driving seat. The Sora involvement did not involve funding the team, instead there was an idea that they would in some way support the search for new backers. Over the course of 2009 this didn't appear to happen, and around the time of Okayama I seem to remember there being some staff changes at Sora Racing which involved some of the people more involved in the racing side of the operation leaving the team.

Also in late 2009 the intellectual property rights to the Pescarolo 01 were sold to Oak Racing (so back to Jacques Nicolet). Henri himself appeared to have been marginalised at Sora (he didn't go to Okayama) and over the winter there were a lot of question marks over what was happening and there was something of a surprise when the two entries for Le Mans were taken up.

Py, the Sora owner, now appeared focused on selling the race team and being focused on building the racing school cars commissioned by the ACO. This led to the whole Genii sage, that has now come to a standstill. At some point Henri Pescarolo was dismissed by Py, and there may well still be court proceedings ongoing, probably meaning that comment on this directly is sub judice.

It would appear that Py has not wanted to directly run a race team - and from the start he was clear that he was not interested in funding it - hence, once the Genii deal fell through it was pretty much all over for the LMP1 Pescarolos at Le Mans.

Henri has said that the buildings and staff are there to run a sportscar campaign, but not at present the cars (which belong to Sora), the IP to build more (this belongs to Nicolet and Oak), or one assumes the budget.

I think we all hope that a regrouping can take place, and I'm sure we could speculate about how Nicolet could once again start to play more of a role, assuming that his financial position is now a bit more secure as Europe starts to move out of recession (subject obviously to what happens in Greece etc) but ultimately I think we can look at Pescarolo as being a victim of the recession's real long tail.
Old 8 May 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2686678)   #155
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks! That makes it a bit clearer. Still a bloody shame though. I'll really miss Henri and his cars this summer. And what will happen to the little green man?
Old 9 May 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2687280)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that Ian - I really was clueless as to what was going on. Henri really did get himself into a pickle, didn't he. So he was dismissed from 'his own' team then? That must have hit pretty hard.....
Old 10 May 2010, 07:09 (Ref:2687711)   #157
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thanks for that Ian - I really was clueless as to what was going on. Henri really did get himself into a pickle, didn't he. So he was dismissed from 'his own' team then? That must have hit pretty hard.....
It has, every interview i've read since he got dismissed, he has sounded depressed, and very sad of the fact that he will not be at Le Mans.

I really really hope some manufacture picks him up as team manager, so he can do, what he does best, and all the other aspects is taking care of.
Old 10 May 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2688088)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Henri has forgotten more about running sports cars (particularly at Le Mans) than most other team managers/owners actually know. It would be awful for that knowledge to go to waste.....
Old 10 May 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2688102)   #159
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Would it not be in Aud's interest to give him role?, I can think of no better way to get at Peugeot and perhaps give Henri some revenge for past treatment.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2688117)   #160
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Would it not be in Aud's interest to give him role?, I can think of no better way to get at Peugeot and perhaps give Henri some revenge for past treatment.
No way!
I think Henri is a bit mad at Audi for "stealing" his two victories in 2005 and 2006.
And if not, im not sure that the french and german are ready for that kind of alliance. Also it might conflict with Dr. Ullrich's position.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2688121)   #161
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If there's any new manufacturer coming into prototype racing, they'd be utterly barmy not to employ Pesca. Nissan's alliance with RLM suggests a possible return to LM in the near fture... I wonder if they're looking at a European-based team with possibly Henri in charge.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2688129)   #162
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If there's any new manufacturer coming into prototype racing, they'd be utterly barmy not to employ Pesca. Nissan's alliance with RLM suggests a possible return to LM in the near fture... I wonder if they're looking at a European-based team with possibly Henri in charge.
With the ungoing economical climate, im afraid there will be some time before we will se any new major effort from a car manufacture.
The one i still see as the most likely is a increased effort from Mazda, who currently are running in Pescarolo chassis, among others.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2688132)   #163
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Well OAK is running Judd engines with Mazda France sponsorship, Dyson is probably the only team in the world left running the Mazda MZR-R engine. Also, that sponsorship deal has to be a clue to at least something tentative going on behind the scenes... after all, we didn't know details of several major sportscar plans until they actually surfaced officially.
Old 10 May 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2688135)   #164
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well OAK is running Judd engines with Mazda France sponsorship, Dyson is probably the only team in the world left running the Mazda MZR-R engine. Also, that sponsorship deal has to be a clue to at least something tentative going on behind the scenes... after all, we didn't know details of several major sportscar plans until they actually surfaced officially.
Sorry i thought that they continued with last years engines.
But a Pescarolo Mazda connection has existed.
But i still seriously doubt any new effort from a manufacture.
Old 16 May 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2691245)   #165
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least having the Charouz kid in a Pescarolo for LM could mean interesting things for the future. We know Charouz is full of money and has invested it in a wide variety of it in Sportscars in the last few years. I could see them backing the P1 OAK Pesca for the Intercontinental cup, at the very least...
Old 16 May 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2691464)   #166
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Bit of luck might see Mr.Charouz buying the remains of Pescarolo and doing the job himself ..... with Henri as team manager .

Dream on !!!
Old 28 May 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2700032)   #167
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Henri Pescarolo's future plan for LM2010 will be to comment the race for Eurosport
Old 30 May 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2700906)   #168
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Henri Pescarolo's future plan for LM2010 will be to comment the race for Eurosport
He certainly should know a thing or two about the race, eh?

DK
Old 30 May 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2700950)   #169
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Will this be the european Eurosport or the French?
Old 30 May 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2700956)   #170
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Probably French with a possible brief 3-minute intermission in the English booth.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2700962)   #171
endurancesportscar
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
endurancesportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Anyone who was at Silverstone for the LMS race last year will tell you that the Pescarolo was on a completely different planet in terms of performance to anything else on show ( Aston Martin, Lolas, Orecas, Zyteks... ) going from last to first with consumate ease. Its a massive shame if it doesn't race again.

Yes... the sole Pesca was awesome... totally awesome... I spoke to Henri briefly at Ricard for the 8 Hrs of Le Castellet... and he said so much was 'up in the air' that he wished he had more information himself as to what was going on...

Such a shame he isn't on the pitwall.
Old 31 May 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2701651)   #172
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
To be missing Hugh and Henri this year is a bit much for this seasoned Le Mans veteran!
Old 31 May 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2701693)   #173
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
To be missing Hugh and Henri this year is a bit much for this seasoned Le Mans veteran!
Hugh Chamberlain is, as I understood from an article on SpeedTV.com, assisting the guys from Autocon. After all, aren't they actually running Hugh's old car from '07-'08?
Old 31 May 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2701749)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's not Chamberlain Motorsport though, is it...... That car must be getting a bit long in the tooth by now....
Old 31 May 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2701753)   #175
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
At least he has some drivers to chase around with the walking stick until he gets their attention.