Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Mar 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3381777)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's "Go, Go, Go" for THE Wedding!

It is all a bit worrying because everything seems to be coming together for the big day and I'm not used to things "going to plan".

Invitations have gone out but as it is a small, informal affair, then that is the reason you haven't had yours. I'd have invited the entire marshalling fraternity if I could but we are, after all, paying for the thing!

The ring has been collected but Bill has hidden it to stop me trying it on and admiring it. I just hope he remembers where he's put it

Shopping trip to Birmingham on Friday to buy outfit. No "meringue" frock planned but as "Shelagh's Mum" (Oulton Park reference there) is involved then who knows what the result will be!

Vows, reading and music all sorted. Amazing what can be done in the space of a couple of months when it has taken 22 years to get to this point. As Bill says, there's no point in rushing into it!!

And as our concentration has been on this event, we haven't got round to volunteering for anything much yet. One thing at a time!
Old 19 Mar 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3381804)   #2
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would still like to say (see Poorly PieLady2) that if everyone who looks at this thread donates £1 to MacMillan or other charities, then we would be doing a grand thing.

My life has come back into perspective: I'm looking forward to getting married, turning 50 and a great cruise. And getting back into some sort of marshalling.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3381812)   #3
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:w edding: Best of luck to you both! Especially Bill! Fingers crossed for good weather for the big day. xx
Old 19 Mar 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3381818)   #4
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
The "do" is about 200yrds from the Registry Office, so weather hopefully won't matter!

And why wishing only Bill the good luck? Just 'cos you've found two good'uns!

I'm currently listening to my "wedding CD". I am going to be crying my eyes out throughout as I am doing so just listening to it!
Old 19 Mar 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3381896)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic news, wonderful for you to have something good to report after a few difficult years. Many congratulation to both of you.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3381913)   #6
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bill and Shelagh,

Very best wishes!

George
Old 19 Mar 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3381928)   #7
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGWC View Post
Bill and Shelagh,

Very best wishes!

George
Should that not be commiserations to Bill?
Old 19 Mar 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3381941)   #8
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Should that not be commiserations to Bill?
As someone married to the same lady for 52 years I would not dare comment!!

George
Old 19 Mar 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3381942)   #9
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:

George
At least I get my Silver Wedding Anniversary after just 3 years! And I'm still cross that he's hidden the ring away until the day!
Old 19 Mar 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3381958)   #10
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karen and I had our silver non-wedding anniversary last month. I'll have to buy her something sometime soon!

Good luck on your big day. We will be on our own cruise but we'll have a drink for you both.

Assuming you get a "posh frock" I want to see the pictures. Never seen you in a dress as far as I can remember.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3382004)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
Karen and I had our silver non-wedding anniversary last month. I'll have to buy her something sometime soon!

Good luck on your big day. We will be on our own cruise but we'll have a drink for you both.

Assuming you get a "posh frock" I want to see the pictures. Never seen you in a dress as far as I can remember.
Question is will it be an orange frock?

Best wishes and well done to the both of you...I think youve already proved the for better or worse part!
Old 19 Mar 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3382021)   #12
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
Quote:
At least I get my Silver Wedding Anniversary after just 3 years! And I'm still cross that he's hidden the ring away until the day!
Ah no! Mr Turnbull doesn't get away that easy. You have to commit fully to qualify for full anniversary honours!! Practice times do not count for the race proper!!

Seriously, I wish you all the very best. Be happy!
Old 19 Mar 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3382071)   #13
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

George
I have also been married to the same woman for the past 35 years, mind you I have not seen her for the last 10…..Best of luck to you both……

Bladders
Old 20 Mar 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3382075)   #14
dave vass
Racer

England
Kidderminster
dave vass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations and good luck to you both.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 06:05 (Ref:3382115)   #15
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
No Frock planned. With legs like mine?!

Bill did suggest the "orange outfit" - two piece overalls constitute a trouser suit in his view - but I have declined on that one.

And Paul Newns: what you need to buy for Karen is..... a ring!
Old 20 Mar 2014, 06:10 (Ref:3382116)   #16
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Ah no! Mr Turnbull doesn't get away that easy. You have to commit fully to qualify for full anniversary honours!! Practice times do not count for the race proper!!!
I don't think the word I would like to use in response would be allowed on here
So you mean I can't expect lots of silver presents in 2017?

But as you all know, I like my "Bling", so that'll be an extra 25 year wait
Old 20 Mar 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3382183)   #17
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The question worrying some of us is how long before she turns into Bridezilla?

Jim
Old 20 Mar 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3382194)   #18
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two questions for you: is Bill having a ring and what surname will you use after you're married?
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3382214)   #19
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayBee View Post
Two questions for you: is Bill having a ring and what surname will you use after you're married?
No ring for Bill - he didn't want one. He says that I'm enough!

I won't be changing my name per se as all documentation is currently up to date and I'm always referred to as "Mrs" anyway - I'll answer to anything - so no need to go through the hassle of sorting all that out until necessary!

But I will, officially, be "Mrs Turnbull" when I turn 50 the day after!

But I will still be "Pit Lane Hooter"
Old 20 Mar 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3382222)   #20
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
The question worrying some of us is how long before she turns into Bridezilla?

Jim
Jan Moir in the Daily Mail wrote a lovely piece about "weddings". It was basically that it is not all about the "do" but rather the rest of it.

Bill and I are in agreement with that. We are getting married. The "wedding" side of things are something extra that you have to do to keep family happy!

So NO Bridezilla - unless it is because I want my ring and he's hidden it from me.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3382245)   #21
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Jan Moir in the Daily Mail wrote a lovely piece about "weddings". It was basically that it is not all about the "do" but rather the rest of it.

Bill and I are in agreement with that. We are getting married. The "wedding" side of things are something extra that you have to do to keep family happy!

So NO Bridezilla - unless it is because I want my ring and he's hidden it from me.
I never doubted it really.

Jim
Old 20 Mar 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3382259)   #22
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best wishes to both Bill and Mrs/Miss/Ms shelagh Turnbull-Scott-Zilla-Hooter

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 20 Mar 2014 at 13:21. Reason: R
Old 20 Mar 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3382274)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post
I have also been married to the same woman for the past 35 yearss
Very concerned about all these men married to the same woman. I didn't think that was legal outside of Utah.

Quote:
Jan Moir in the Daily Mail wrote a lovely piece about "weddings". It was basically that it is not all about the "do" but rather the rest of it.:
Absolutely. As I remember someone saying once "There's no such thing as an unhappy marriage. All marriages are happy. It's the living together afterwards..." Since you've already solved that one, you can afford to enjoy the do as more of a podium ceremony rather than a race start!

Just a thought, which flag regulations are you using for the trip down the aisle? Waved or stationary green at the door, DWY for no overtaking down the aisle and a chequer for the 'I now pronounce you man and wife' bit.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3382409)   #24
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
No flags planned - hadn't thought about that - hmm???

Although having "The Chain" playing at the "gathering" should get things off to a good start (or at least until after the first corner). Hang on - not quite an "aisle" but it is at least a straight!
Old 20 Mar 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3382473)   #25
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And Paul Newns: what you need to buy for Karen is..... a ring!
But she can already swim!