Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Apr 2014, 06:04 (Ref:3392629)   #1
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hockenheim Historic, deadly accident

By chance I saw today on Garman website that somebody died at the Hockenheim Historic meeting last weekend when most of us were at Silverstone.

He was 69, said to be from Scotland and drove a Lotus Elan.

German police reports: His car was losing a lot of oil, he slipped on it in the long Parabolica curve, the car flipped and he was killed.

The meeting went ahead after a break with the blessing of his family.
There was a minute of silence before the race that he had entered.

Personally, I am always concerned when I see cars losing fluids on a circuit.

Rudolf
Old 15 Apr 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3392634)   #2
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is from the HSCC website...

Al Fleming
The HSCC with sorrow records the death of Dr Al Fleming, who was killed whilst testing at Hockenheim on Friday 11th April. No other vehicle was involved in the incident. The club, its Staff and Directors would like to express their sincere condolences to his widow Val, son Nick and all the family.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 06:23 (Ref:3392637)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
A very sad start to the season, with not only that accident but three drivers seriously injured at Silverstone as well.

The HSCC website (news section) names the driver that lost his life at Hockenheim (add- see Alan's post), and the car was well known to Guards Trophy competitors. All I can do is offer my condolences to his family, plus hope that those involved at the other accidents at Silverstone have a speedy recovery.

Let's just hope that this is the last time we have to discuss such events this season.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3393254)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Oh no, how dreadful. What a terrible start to the historic season.
Condolences to family and friends.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3393406)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Dreadful thing to happen at any time especially to a well experienced driver, but regardless of all the safety measures that the powers that be make us do "motor racing is dangerous"
Reading between the lines it looks like no one else was involved and wasn't a driver error that caused it, very very sad.
I have spun a couple off times on my own oil but fortunately it happened on "slowish" corners and kept upright.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !