Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3392911)   #1
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
speedy27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phillip Island Classic 2014 - event images

The 2014 PI Classic took place in March and yet again provided a sensational and world class 3-day spectacle of historic motorsport, with approx. 500 local and international entrants taking to the track in cars spanning 7 decades of motorsport history.

A fairly substantial collection of my pics can be enjoyed (I hope!) online at the following link by anyone who is interested :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petere...7643989117694/

Hovering your cursor over "see more" near the top of the main page will show you the grouping sequence of the pics and also provides a link to the results.

Last edited by speedy27; 15 Apr 2014 at 18:10. Reason: layout corrected
Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3392946)   #2
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some great pictures there, Speedy, and lots of cars we'll probably never see in Europe. My first love is single seaters and I'd love to see cars from Mildren, Bowin, Matich etc in the flesh (well, metal).
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3393396)   #3
speedy27
Rookie

Australia
Australia
speedy27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Alan - thanks for having a look. Yes, there is some very special locally-developed machinery which survives as a testament to the ingenuity inspired by an age when Europe and the UK were a very long - and expensive for many - way away.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 23:43 (Ref:3393603)   #4
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Some great pictures there, Speedy, and lots of cars we'll probably never see in Europe. My first love is single seaters and I'd love to see cars from Mildren, Bowin, Matich etc in the flesh (well, metal).
HI Alan, save all your pennies and fly to Melbourne next year for the PI race and bring some fellow tenthers like Mike Bell and others who can enjoy the cars and maybe if you ask nicely can arrange a drive of some cars.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 06:24 (Ref:3393696)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
HI Alan, save all your pennies and fly to Melbourne next year for the PI race and bring some fellow tenthers like Mike Bell and others who can enjoy the cars and maybe if you ask nicely can arrange a drive of some cars.
Many pennies required, but would be fun. Thanks for some lovely car photos! Great pic of the two RS2s close but on the black bit..........

Old 18 Apr 2014, 02:30 (Ref:3394184)   #6
nvzi126
Rookie

nvzi126 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks

Thank you for your sharing.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3394360)   #7
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phillip Island was a fabulous adventure and an awesome circuit. I loved it......
and also doing the F1 support at Albert Park was amazing too.....

I made some great new Ozzy friends.....

I would love to go back next year - missing not having car to race though.... should be at Mugello next weekend with it but another 3/4 weeks before it lands back in UK. :-(
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3394372)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Glad you had a good trip, Roz. We all need adventures, and racing in the S. Hemisphere has to be near the top!

Old 18 Apr 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3394474)   #9
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was great Mike, I was made so welcome...... Would love to go back, so fingers crossed....

Car ran great and seemed to be well liked over there, there is a huge Alfa following which I did not realise, I was interviewed so many times and photos none stop of car, it really was fabulous...