Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3393015)   #1
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chase Elliott

His obvious talent and rapid progression is fast becoming an embarassment. Should he continue to progress in Nationwide at his present rate, then surely he must get a full-time Cup ride in 2015; but with whom?

At present, he is firmly fixed in the HMS fold, but neither they nor their satellite teams have any rides obviously available for the 2015 season. Of the current HMS drivers, I understand that Kasey Kahne's contract is up at the end of the 2015 season, but he can pull in sponsorship dollars to the point that he is unlikely to be canned. The weakest by far of the HMS group drivers is Danica Patrick, but because of her marketing appeal, it is unlikely in the extreme that she will lose her Cup ride.

Me, I'd like to see Chase in a #9 Ford, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3393019)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who?

Old 15 Apr 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3393031)   #3
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe his daddy did quite well in a few pre-chickenshit days on superspeedways.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3393101)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know for a fact Dan is 100% behind his nephew and has been for sometime.

I don't see the need to keep him mired in the NW series. Give him KK's ride in 2015.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 16 Apr 2014 at 01:53.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3393215)   #5
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like what Childress did with Austin Dillons career. I would use that as
a template for Chase. Hendrick has a few smart folks. They will do
the right thing.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3393285)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Me, I'd like to see Chase in a #9 Ford, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Any ride but that one
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3393368)   #7
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oddly enough Hendrick and SHR are seemingly in the worst condition to bring Chase to the Cup series unless Kahne is dumped. Presuming Napa moves with him, I think he will end up with Penske next year as they are currently the best team that seems willing to expand (Gibbs seems content with a 3 car team).
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3393392)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/s...-ride-hendrick
Old 16 Apr 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3393419)   #9
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
I think if a driver has talent it doesn't really matter how much time is spent in lower divisions. For instance, during Logano's rookie season at 19 (with only a partial Nationwide season before) and had an average finish of 20th, than you have Stenhouse who was 25 last year with over 100 Nationwide starts and only managed a slightly better average finish of 18.9.

That's not to say I think he should make the leap next year, but if a top team comes knocking an JRM gives the ok I really don't think it will harm him much.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3393516)   #10
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Hendrick is not going to let him go. They may loan him out, but I think 2016 might be his first chance. That's when KK contract is up and Gordon is rumored to hang it up.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 04:12 (Ref:3393673)   #11
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
I'm sure he will do everything in his power to keep him in the fold, especially after losing Keselowski to Penske in 2010. I still don't think he will ever race at the Cup level full-time under the Hendrick banner though, Kahne is in my view too good a driver to dump for a rookie and Gordon has been rumored to be retiring for some time now without it happening.

Also, if Hendrick can still do a 5th car for a rookie it may be a little easier keeping him around.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3399924)   #12
Dimension
Rookie

European Union
on the mind of a woman near you
Dimension should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
chase at penske has a nice ring to it. Think he could benefit a lot from having keso and logano around. the whole penske posse has started to please me more and more since 2012, when I kinda disliked them.