Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Aug 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3288691)   #1351
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
little problem is that pescarolo wants to enter in lmp1 class. Oak chassis are simply pescarolo 01 chassis, open cockpit lmp1. 2014 lmp1 need to be coupè.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3288692)   #1352
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
André de Cortanze may be? He designed the toyota gt-one too.
Yes! Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Anyway, he may try to became consulting for an emerging brand interested to race in Le Mans and WEC.
I would like to see him involved in Alpina project. If Renault come back in Le Mans, Henri may be the right choice to bet.
You won't see Renault back anytime soon.
Nissan has announced that they wish to enter Le Mans (under the right circumstances), and this eliminates Renault as the Renualt/Nissan company isn't big enough to do what VAG does with Audi and Porsche.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3288693)   #1353
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
little problem is that pescarolo wants to enter in lmp1 class. Oak chassis are simply pescarolo 01 chassis, open cockpit lmp1. 2014 lmp1 need to be coupè.
Right. He must settle to race in P2 now, raising funds for a future P1 program( or hoping for a manufacturer interest...).
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 12 Aug 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3288694)   #1354
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Yes! Thank you

You won't see Renault back anytime soon.
Nissan has announced that they wish to enter Le Mans (under the right circumstances), and this eliminates Renault as the Renualt/Nissan company isn't big enough to do what VAG does with Audi and Porsche.
I was meaning Renault/Nissan as the same, because part of the same group.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 12 Aug 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3288704)   #1355
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not really. None of us knew how lame that project was going to be. And I would still rather see him on the grid with a proto than another GT........
Well , call me a medium then . But I do recall forseeing that his AMR/Pescarolo effort was going to be a disaster ..... and would do him no good at all
Old 12 Aug 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3288706)   #1356
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Give Henri a Toyota and let him play with it .
Old 12 Aug 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3288712)   #1357
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whatever car is chosen ... give Mr. Pescarolo a real budget. My greatest fear is that his proposed €4 million budget simply won’t be enough and he will field another unreliable, under-developed effort and disgrace his own name and past, as well as losing all his money for nothing.

I can understand wanting to keep things cheap to attract sponsors, but at some point spending too little costs more than spending more and actually getting return on the investment.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3288755)   #1358
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
give henri this, give henri that... is motorsport or charity case?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3288759)   #1359
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think he meant the "give" part litteraly.

Here's hoping for two Domes on the grid! One run by Henri and one run by Dome themselves.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3288780)   #1360
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite what happened last time with DOME, I think Henri shouldn't go with anyone else.

DOMEs have always been quick. Even last year, given the fact it had an engine completely unfit for the chassis which itself was 4 years old, under-developed and built for different rules, it was pretty remarkable that it was about the same speed as the JRM HPD and the OAK.

DOMEs also tend to be under-developed compared to some of their competitors as they're neither popular nor regularly raced, for one reason or another.

But now everyone's on the same boat and I can see Henri getting much more car for his 4m with DOME than with any other constructor.

Please Henri - pick DOME!
Old 12 Aug 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3288781)   #1361
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Despite what happened last time with DOME, I think Henri shouldn't go with anyone else.

DOMEs have always been quick. Even last year, given the fact it had an engine completely unfit for the chassis which itself was 4 years old, under-developed and built for different rules, it was pretty remarkable that it was about the same speed as the JRM HPD and the OAK.

DOMEs also tend to be under-developed compared to some of their competitors as they're neither popular nor regularly raced, for one reason or another.

But now everyone's on the same boat and I can see Henri getting much more car for his 4m with DOME than with any other constructor.

Very much on point!
Old 12 Aug 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3288782)   #1362
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
But that's not the Adess car. Adess developed it, but Kolles claims to own the IP and plans to market it as Lotus in the near future. Meanwhile Adess seem to have their own P1 (iteration?) in the works.

As far as Oak is concerned, if Henri Pescarolo mentioned it as an option, I'd say if anyone knows of the Oak P1 project status he's gotta be that person!

I wish Henri would partner with someone who's a better businessman or even take a sporting director seat in another team.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 12:54 (Ref:3288794)   #1363
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , call me a medium then . But I do recall forseeing that his AMR/Pescarolo effort was going to be a disaster
And credit to you for not mentioning this at least once a month since that race. Oh wait...
Old 12 Aug 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3288803)   #1364
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I thought Dome has stopped work on the 2014 LMP1 for the time being since there is more interest in their LMP2.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3288820)   #1365
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I thought Dome has stopped work on the 2014 LMP1 for the time being since there is more interest in their LMP2.
That's what they said, but I'm assuming that would change as soon as there was interest in the P1 car.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3288828)   #1366
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
And credit to you for not mentioning this at least once a month since that race. Oh wait...
Wind that neck in ..... and theres nothing like a spin on a story and a few lies .

You wouldn't happen to be a journalist , would you . Ill have my phone hacked next !!!

Oh , wont the Judd GV4 be available again ..... a good reliable engine that Henri has a lot of experience with .
Old 12 Aug 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3288830)   #1367
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I say dig out the Matra V12.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3288882)   #1368
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I fear Dome's also come with a heavy price tag which would keep many away
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3288883)   #1369
avvelenamento
Racer

I fear that dome lmp1 will be the dome lmp2 built with compatible lmp1 specs like the adess-lotus t128, equipped with an lmp1 engine.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3288884)   #1370
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
True. I don't think I'll be buying one any time soon.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3288891)   #1371
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
It depends on if they where happy with their last collaboration and sees it as a good move for them to repeat it, doesn't it? Should be good marketing for Dome if Pescarolo runs one of their cars in the WEC with good results.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3288893)   #1372
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
It depends on if they where happy with their last collaboration and sees it as a good move for them to repeat it, doesn't it? Should be good marketing for Dome if Pescarolo runs one of their cars in the WEC with good results.
I was replying to why Dome in general hasn't had much success in selling their cars.
I suspect that Dome will sell their new chassis for a favorable price, if not for free (like I posted earlier )
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3288896)   #1373
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
I was replying to why Dome in general hasn't had much success in selling their cars.
I suspect that Dome will sell their new chassis for a favorable price, if not for free (like I posted earlier )
I was thinking along the lines of letting Pescarolo or some other team leasing a chassie to showcase their new car and be able to sell a few more coming years than they otherwise would have. So i guess we have similair ideas then.

But what do we know, the way Dome handles business tends to surprise. The only thing I'm shure of is that it will be one of the best customer cars available, likely THE best.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3288910)   #1374
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
give henri this, give henri that... is motorsport or charity case?
....is Henri.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 04:21 (Ref:3289096)   #1375
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Deep down inside the depths of our hearts, we all want to see Henri succeed. Talk about "never say die"...