Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Mar 2013, 02:58 (Ref:3226705)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
F1 after Bernie Ecclestone decides to retire..

So what will happen, who do you think will take over? There appears to be no secession plan to speak off which seems more than a little odd..

Will it be a faceless member of CVC who takes over the running of F1..

Christian Horner might me a good candidate, although at the moment he has his work cut out for him.. Martin Whitmarsh is another name that comes to mind as a good candidate..

What do you think ? Bernie says he will last forever, this we know is not possible.. Is Bernie putting Flavio Briatori in place to take the reins..

What do you think will happen..
Old 30 Mar 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3226708)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember people having this conversation over 20 years ago and nothing has changed.

Is there some sort of plan in place? Good question.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3226738)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He'll never retire. He's immortal.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3226785)   #4
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He'll never retire. He's immortal.
Not only do I not believe you but I think there is a reasonable chance we'll both live long enough for me to say "I told you so".

Of course good managers put succession plans in place but this is often so that the lack of a replacement can't be used to block their promotion. Somehow I don't think that applies to Bernie as there is only one place he is likely to be promoted to.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3226871)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
A nameless speculator type will run F1 as opposed to the famous speculator type that currently runs it.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3226874)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I doubt whoever replaces Bernie will do as much for the sport as he has done.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3226877)   #7
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
I hope it is someone from within F1, such as a team boss or similar. Or maybe Martin Brundle is a good candidate? But has he got the skills to deal with governments and corporations around the world?
Whoever it is would have to adopt a dictatorial style like Bernie, I believe.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3226899)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I doubt whoever replaces Bernie will do as much for the sport as he has done.
I am not so sure about that from a marketing point of view the person or persons who take over running the sport may well do a better job as far as better use of the media for instance..
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3226900)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did he make an official statement ? I'm confused.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3226901)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did Bernie not sign a 100 year contract back in he 1960's for the rights to promote Formula 1?

I suspect he intends to see it out.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3226902)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
No he has said that he has no intention of retiring just yet, however he is 82 years of age and so sooner or later it's going to happen he will not be able to travel around the globe to attend races any longer...
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3226904)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
No he has said that he has no intention of retiring just yet, however he is 82 years of age and so sooner or later it's going to happen he will not be able to travel around the globe to attend races any longer...
I guess his wife is the one to tell us about it...
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3226905)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I guess his wife is the one to tell us about it...
Well that's a very interesting observation Bon...
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3226933)   #14
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Watch Toto Wolff. Hes putting himself about a bit at the mo
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3226954)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Yes I have heard talk about Toto as I am sure you have as well, but he can't be everywhere, or can he ?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 17:02 (Ref:3226959)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Did Bernie not sign a 100 year contract back in he 1960's for the rights to promote Formula 1?

I believe he did yes....
Old 30 Mar 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3226977)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am not so sure about that from a marketing point of view the person or persons who take over running the sport may well do a better job as far as better use of the media for instance..
That's an interesting point. I guess I was referring more to his early years but having brought F1 into the commercial era maybe a new man would be able to develop it further.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3226979)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
That's an interesting point. I guess I was referring more to his early years but having brought F1 into the commercial era maybe a new man would be able to develop it further.
I don't think Mr E embraces the internet for instance as a younger person would of course..
Old 30 Mar 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3226983)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I'm sure he is among many that have such designs, but I'm not sure that any single person will wield that much power again, at least not for a while.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3227052)   #20
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does Bernie even know what 'Youtube' or 'Facebook' is? His goon squad from FOM spends 24/7 removing youtube videos but this man may be beyond age to know or care.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3227075)   #21
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Does Bernie even know what 'Youtube' or 'Facebook' is? His goon squad from FOM spends 24/7 removing youtube videos but this man may be beyond age to know or care.
Oh I'm sure he does. He doesn't seem to miss much going past him.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3227081)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I've even heard he is/has been around here...
Old 31 Mar 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3227159)   #23
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I've even heard he is/has been around here...

?

I always did like him.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3227413)   #24
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whoever gets the gig I bet they will find themselves embroiled in controversy as they enter the Piranha club.

CVC will make the choice but do the FIA have any say in the matter?
Old 1 Apr 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3227429)   #25
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

A deal like that was signed, but that deal was done in about 1999 (during the Max Mosley reign at the FIA)