Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Nov 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3338508)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This thread is all speculation at the moment, we "might" be looking at "will he beat Seb" in a race not necessarily a win !
None of us knows how things will work out next year, maybe another team will dominate !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Nov 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3338527)   #27
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming he has the car, I think he may get a few podiums. I think Vettel will show him a clean set of heals.

It is probably not a reasonable comparison though he seemed to use his tyres in the same way as Webber whereas Vergne seemed to be more like Vettel with his.

If he does have Webber's speed, then he stands a much better chance of a good points score if he can get it off the line. I would be interested to know who many places webber lost on average due to a poor start. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 3 to 4.

I like Mark and Daniel though it appears as though Vettel is quite special by comparison.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3338534)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfer View Post
Assuming he has the car, I think he may get a few podiums. I think Vettel will show him a clean set of heals.

Like him or loath him for someone that clears off on the first lap and leaves the others fighting for places then I don't think (if things are equal) he will outperform him.
Vettel like all the other drivers will have to learn how to get the car off the mark in a turbo car that none of the drivers on the grid have ever raced before.
One thing it will be interesting to see the first race !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Nov 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3338537)   #29
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all can't wait for Australia. I personally would like to see Magnussen on pole, but get beaten in a race-long duel by Geido van der Garde
Old 30 Nov 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3338577)   #30
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vergne

Rumour from Red Bull is that Vergne is on seriously borrowed time and will be very lucky to see out 2014. Either Sainz or Da - Costa (who is still supported by RB next year, well at the moment atleast) will most likely be in that seat by silverstone.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3338608)   #31
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
We all can't wait for Australia. I personally would like to see Magnussen on pole, but get beaten in a race-long duel by Geido van der Garde
Then who can win the race? Ricciardo or Magnussen? The reason is that I'm a fan of them both.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3338626)   #32
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Webber's greatest strength at RBRI was because he knew how to set the car up while Vettel would copy Webber's homework. The biggest thing that could back fire for the Milton Keyes based team is that Riccardo doesn't have similar set up know-how like Webber causing Vettel to suffer. (Although the 2014 regs would be an even keel for everyone being new tech and all)
Old 30 Nov 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3338677)   #33
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think Webber's greatest strength at RBRI was because he knew how to set the car up while Vettel would copy Webber's homework.l)
Realy ! I happen to know someone at Red bull and I don't think that was the case, if it was why couldn't he beat him in the race ?
Old 30 Nov 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3338734)   #34
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Realy ! I happen to know someone at Red bull and I don't think that was the case, if it was why couldn't he beat him in the race ?
Cos Vettel's the better driver and can beat in a fair fight.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3338735)   #35
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Then who can win the race? Ricciardo or Magnussen? The reason is that I'm a fan of them both.
In all honesty seeing Ricciardo win in Australia would be really, really cool, but it would be even cooler (for me) for either Magnussen or van der Garde to win...
Old 30 Nov 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3338738)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Cos Vettel's the better driver and can beat in a fair fight.
Exactly !
Old 1 Dec 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3338787)   #37
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo will be outperformed but he is race sharp, the cars are "reset" so maybe he'll spring a surprise or two and be closer than Webber was.

Magnussen is going to get annihilated next year though. Dodgy Mercs, tight testing regime and woeful in-experience. A win next year? ahahahahahaha

Don't get me wrong if the guy is given time to mature I think he'll become a force. I rate him. But 2014 he's going to make an ass of himself. I trust McLaren will stay the course with him and be sober enough to see him as an investment for the new Honda era, when the powerplants should be tasty. But 2014? Learning year.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 08:13 (Ref:3338828)   #38
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Ricciardo will be outperformed but he is race sharp, the cars are "reset" so maybe he'll spring a surprise or two and be closer than Webber was.

Magnussen is going to get annihilated next year though. Dodgy Mercs, tight testing regime and woeful in-experience. A win next year? ahahahahahaha

Don't get me wrong if the guy is given time to mature I think he'll become a force. I rate him. But 2014 he's going to make an ass of himself. I trust McLaren will stay the course with him and be sober enough to see him as an investment for the new Honda era, when the powerplants should be tasty. But 2014? Learning year.
I WAS just having fun...
Old 1 Dec 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3338846)   #39
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ricco has about as much chance at winning a race as Kovalainen did against Hamilton, maybe just a smidgen more. Unless Vettel has something go majorly wrong, I don't think Daniel will beat him fair and square. Not in 2014 anyway.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3339125)   #40
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Yep, he was 100% slow. He still has STR's top finish since Vettel - 6th at Canada. Whilst the troughs were lower than Ricciardo's, they weren't his fault, whilst Ricciardo's were, and the peaks were higher. I'd like to see what Vergne could do in a decent car that didn't constantly break...

...and I'm fairly certain that ever since the start of 2012 both the press and Helmut Marko have been more keen on Ricciardo than Vergne. He was the favourite for the RBR seat coming into Silverstone, despite Vergne just finishin 6th at Canada and having a great race at Monaco.

Whilst it's all nice to have an Aussie in a top seat to replace an Aussie in a top seat, I prefer to look at the bigger picture in these sorts of circumstances. In this case, it's what Vergne actually did wrong. The answer was drive a car that broke a lot. Hardly his fault.
verne stayed at toro rosso, ricciardo went to redbull. vergne just wasnt good enough.

simple fact is Daniel owned Vergne..
Old 2 Dec 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3339135)   #41
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Guys don't take the thread starter too seriously, us Aussies are well experienced with his trolling in the Australian Touring Car sub forum.

Whilst I think Dan will do well next year, a win is too much to ask in a debut year with the team and such a strong teammate.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3339367)   #42
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Guys don't take the thread starter too seriously, us Aussies are well experienced with his trolling in the Australian Touring Car sub forum.

Whilst I think Dan will do well next year, a win is too much to ask in a debut year with the team and such a strong teammate.
I completely understand what you mean by trolling. From his posts he probably never watched the 2013 season and has decided that because Ricciardo has gone to RBR that he will become the next god.

Vettel may not win in 2014, but knowing him and Newey, that is far less likely than a Vettel-dominated season...
Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3339370)   #43
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Why are some people so sure that a) the Mercedes-Benz units will be useless and b) the Honda ones will be great? None of them has turned a wheel.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3339376)   #44
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Why are some people so sure that a) the Mercedes-Benz units will be useless and b) the Honda ones will be great? None of them has turned a wheel.
No idea. But the Honda will probably good as they'll have an extra season of development and an extra season to see where others go wrong.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3339379)   #45
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
An extra season of development but one season fewer of actual running.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3339381)   #46
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
a) Because Merc-Works are trying to win and won't want to give a top spec powerplant to a competitor and b) Honda will have plenty of leisure to learn lessons, develop the engine so as to hit the ground running. If the Honda isn't a good one for 2015, then it will be one at a later date. That's the basis of my prediction.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3339383)   #47
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Aren't the engines basically sealed in terms of development? So all the Merc teams will have the same spec?
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3339397)   #48
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Aren't the engines basically sealed in terms of development? So all the Merc teams will have the same spec?
Spec isn't the right word, yes, quality is apt though.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3339400)   #49
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
. If he ever does beat Vettel, we've got a new Senna on our hands.
Wich one do you mean
Old 3 Dec 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3339607)   #50
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Wich one do you mean
We've already got a new Senna, he's off doing sports cars.