Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3339702)   #51
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I completely understand what you mean by trolling. From his posts he probably never watched the 2013 season and has decided that because Ricciardo has gone to RBR that he will become the next god.
it's ok that your boy Vergne didn't get the seat, oh well theres always next year.. when Da Costa might take his seat.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3339752)   #52
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can Ricciardo win a race in 2014? I wouldn't put any money on it but yes, it's certainly possible.... if...

1. Red Bull cars are still among the quickest of the top 2-3 teams in 2014.

2. Vettel has had troubles, is struggling further back in the midfield.. or had a mechanical failure, otherwise it will likely be a case of "Daniel, Seb is quicker than you...."
Old 3 Dec 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3339764)   #53
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico View Post
1. Red Bull cars are still among the quickest of the top 2-3 teams in 2014.
2. Vettel has had troubles, is struggling further back in the midfield.. or had a mechanical failure, otherwise it will likely be a case of "Daniel, Seb is quicker than you...."
1. Then any other driver from the team could catch a podium or a Top 5 finish.
2. Then would Ricciardo be challenged by Alonso or Raikkonen, or any other talented driver?
Old 3 Dec 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3339769)   #54
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
1. Then any other driver from the team could catch a podium or a Top 5 finish.
2. Then would Ricciardo be challenged by Alonso or Raikkonen, or any other talented driver?
1. Yes, of course.
2. Maybe, I guess that also goes back to factor 1- on how good/efficient the car is. The fastest car/driver in qualifying potentially may not win any races next year if the engine/powertrain combo is not efficient enough.

With so many unknown variables, I could never discount Daniels chances of winning a race.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3339775)   #55
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Aren't the engines basically sealed in terms of development? So all the Merc teams will have the same spec?
No. They can be developed up until 2019. So Mercedes could have a better spec of engine than McLaren or Force India have. Or they could let the non-works teams trial all of the updates, but those updates are also likely to be more unreliable.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3339783)   #56
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No chance can anyone beat Seb in a Red Bull, every not and bolt in that car is based around his style and his size, preferences.

So unless goofy is a clone, he aint got a cat in hells chance
Old 3 Dec 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3339804)   #57
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
it's ok that your boy Vergne didn't get the seat, oh well theres always next year.. when Da Costa might take his seat.
I fully acknowledge that Vergne is on the verge of losing his seat, which is a bit strange considering he hasn't done any wrong.

However, I am not a Vergne fan. I just don't see why you think you can slate him off when he's done a job at least as good as Ricciardo. I think it's quite clear who's the fan boy here.

If anyone in RBR's young driver programme deserves that seat it would be Kvyat. He seems to possess and ability to be consistent, which is far more than what either Ricciardo and Vergne have shown this season, and it is the fact that Ricciardo can't seem to make a season that Vettel will beat him.

Of course, I could be wrong, and Ricciardo could be Vettel every time, but then Vergne would be amazing, and Hulkenberg would surely be the best driver ever...
Old 3 Dec 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3339854)   #58
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I fully acknowledge that Vergne is on the verge of losing his seat, which is a bit strange considering he hasn't done any wrong.

However, I am not a Vergne fan. I just don't see why you think you can slate him off when he's done a job at least as good as Ricciardo. I think it's quite clear who's the fan boy here.

If anyone in RBR's young driver programme deserves that seat it would be Kvyat. He seems to possess and ability to be consistent, which is far more than what either Ricciardo and Vergne have shown this season, and it is the fact that Ricciardo can't seem to make a season that Vettel will beat him.

Of course, I could be wrong, and Ricciardo could be Vettel every time, but then Vergne would be amazing, and Hulkenberg would surely be the best driver ever...
surely not as good as vergne will ever be...talking about inconsistency, Ricciardo had him covered in that department aswell.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 08:10 (Ref:3340016)   #59
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
No chance can anyone beat Seb in a Red Bull, every not and bolt in that car is based around his style and his size, preferences.
I often wonder if there is any truth to that. If there is, there's probably a good reason (ie Red Bull know he is the faster driver).

Note: I'm a Webber fan though can acknowledge the fact he is not as quick as Seb.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3340102)   #60
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It depends on whether Vettel has a year like 2010/2012, or like 2011 and this year. Don't forget, Webber has beaten him in the same car, so Ricciardo must have a shot, albeit a slender one.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 15:39 (Ref:3340832)   #61
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It depends on whether Vettel has a year like 2010/2012, or like 2011 and this year. Don't forget, Webber has beaten him in the same car, so Ricciardo must have a shot, albeit a slender one.
It all depends on if Ricciardo is as good as Webber and I personally don't think he is.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3340854)   #62
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
It all depends on if Ricciardo is as good as Webber and I personally don't think he is.
I'd have to agree - he might be nearly as good as this years Webber but on the whole it's a step back in driver talent for Red Bull.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3340912)   #63
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'd have to agree - he might be nearly as good as this years Webber but on the whole it's a step back in driver talent for Red Bull.
I also agree, too. Let's hope Ricciardo makes a new rivalry against the four-time World Champion Vettel...