Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3043993)   #626
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Former Peugeot 905 and Toyota GT-One man Andre de Cortanze is no longer working Pescarolo team?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3043998)   #627
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
OK, I am deliberately insane here, but would a set-up like on the Renault Alpina A442 possible?

I.e. have an almost closed cockpit, but not as a part of the crash structure.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3044057)   #628
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Former Peugeot 905 and Toyota GT-One man Andre de Cortanze is no longer working Pescarolo team?
He retired and was replaced by Claude Galopin. I am not sure when this exactly happened. The retirement of De Cortanze is mentioned in http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=1847.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3045131)   #629
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Can someone with a DSC account summaries this article about the Pescarolo 03 and the Pescarolo/Luxury tie-up? The title suggests that Luxury is funding the development of Henri's new LMP1.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3045228)   #630
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Can someone with a DSC account summaries this article about the Pescarolo 03 and the Pescarolo/Luxury tie-up? The title suggests that Luxury is funding the development of Henri's new LMP1.
Yes that is exactly what it says and that Luxury racing are considering relocating to Pescarolos French base. It also states that it is a race to get ready for Spa as the design process was only started this year.

I really hope it succeeds as few people have achieved so much with so little financial resource as Henri - I am sure he could do wonders with some decent funding.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3045247)   #631
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What are Luxury Racing getting out of the arrangement? Apart from a potential new base.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3045256)   #632
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
What are Luxury Racing getting out of the arrangement? Apart from a potential new base.
A golden opportunity to enter Prototype racing with a team set up and ready.
Becoming part of a manufacture (good money).

What i fear is a new Jean Py .
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3045270)   #633
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
A golden opportunity to enter Prototype racing with a team set up and ready.
Becoming part of a manufacture (good money).

What i fear is a new Jean Py .
Are they looking to change the name to Luxury Pescarolo?

I figure they can gain plenty of knowledge and expertise. Maybe they will eventually look to buy out Henri? Becoming embedded with a manufacturer must surely also be the aim for Pescarolo too. Maybe with a bit of Luxury's money behind them they will be a more attractive proposition?
Old 28 Mar 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3049881)   #634
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like Dome/Pesca have finally got the new front end on there. Now featuring BHH:

https://twitter.com/#!/dome_hayashi/...394688/photo/1
Old 28 Mar 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3049927)   #635
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Is Henri really going to enter his Pescarolo 03 and the Dome S102.5 at Spa ?

He will have his work cut out !!!
Old 28 Mar 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3049929)   #636
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Is Henri really going to enter his Pescarolo 03 and the Dome S102.5 at Spa ?

He will have his work cut out !!!
Yes he will. The 03 should be getting its shakedown some time in mid-April, the Dome already has a 2-day test scheduled next week (I believe) in Navarra.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3049935)   #637
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Navarra April 3-4 and Motorland Aragon April 10.

source: http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-10020.html
Old 28 Mar 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3050230)   #638
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Not long from now, I hope the Pescarolo goes better than the car it's tub is borrowed from. Can't wait to see what it looks like, and the evolutions on the DOME.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3050357)   #639
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably the best place to ask... Do both Pescarolo's at Le Mans score manufacturers points for the WEC?
Old 29 Mar 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3050375)   #640
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Probably the best place to ask... Do both Pescarolo's at Le Mans score manufacturers points for the WEC?
No, they haven't registered as a manufacturer for the WEC. Only Audi and Toyota are registered for manufacturers points.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3050463)   #641
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Not long from now, I hope the Pescarolo goes better than the car it's tub is borrowed from. Can't wait to see what it looks like, and the evolutions on the DOME.
For the Dome? None, just wider tires up front and the BHH and the BHF, and the V8 Judd instead of the V10.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3050667)   #642
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
From the photo linked to in this thread there was a new nose.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3050673)   #643
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
From the photo linked to in this thread there was a new nose.
Because the fenders are part of the nose, so they need a new part for that. Aside from the holes, it doesn't look any different though.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 04:55 (Ref:3050700)   #644
TF110
Veteran

United States
Ok, I said I can't wait to see the evolution of the DOME. I don't know why you guys are saying it looks the same. I care more about how it performs not how different the body work is.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3053820)   #645
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
http://www.vif-argent.fr/lmr73/#/40/ has an interview with Henri. The Pescarolo 03 project is extremely important for him.
Quote:
Anybody can buy a racing car as we’ve just done with Aston Martin. Anybody can run a car well like the one Dome’s asked us to look after. But to show that you’re a real constructor and prove it in the Le Mans 24 Hours, that’s where you can’t get it wrong. People are waiting to see just how good we are out on the track: it’s a question of our long-term survival if we want to clinch the partnership I’ve always been dreaming about with a major manufacturer.

We have to build this car, for which we’ve acquired two chassis, in two months and turn it into a competitive racing machine. This is what we’ll be judged on our ability to make a success of a project that didn’t work last year!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3053837)   #646
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
http://www.vif-argent.fr/lmr73/#/40/ has an interview with Henri. The Pescarolo 03 project is extremely important for him.
It will certainly be a challenge, but Mr. Pescarolo's spirit sure brings a smile to my face!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 06:17 (Ref:3053875)   #647
TF110
Veteran

United States
I wonder which manufacturer he has in mind? A Japanese one? I really hope he secures a deal in the near future, or impresses a car make enough to entice them to collaborate with him for a car.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3053898)   #648
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
I doubt that there are serious contacts.

Pescarolo, Dome, Oreca, Wirth Research, ... all hope that a manufacturer comes around some day.

Henri was disappointed when Peugeot preferred to build their LMP1 car on their own, instead of asking Pescarolo to do so.
The Dome S102 returns to Le Mans because they are disappointed that they were not chosen by Toyota.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3053901)   #649
TF110
Veteran

United States
Then perhaps he can use DOME continuing in the future, maybe make a collaboration as they both seem to be almost the same situation. I'm not sure how that would play out or if it's an option for either one of the parties.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3053928)   #650
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But Pescarolo would be brilliant at as a manufacturer team, with all that experience. No 3-year rule - give them some investment and they're in with a shot of winning first time around.

This team has been going since 2000, and racing it's own cars since 2003. It's new car is called a Pescarolo 03 - implying that, essentially, this is their third car.

Despite everything that's ever been against them and often racing with cars old enough to claim a state pension, Henri has managed to get his cars to be best of the rest. That's worth its weight in gold, in my opinion.