Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 May 2001, 14:10 (Ref:87544)   #1
LHR
Rookie

LHR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duma

Does anyone know if Duma is lining up a second driver for this year's F3?
Old 1 May 2001, 14:33 (Ref:87548)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The word (in Autosport I think) was that they plan to run as a single car outfit this year. I guess this could change if a fast guy with a heap of cash turns up
Old 1 May 2001, 14:37 (Ref:87550)   #3
Paddock Spy
Rookie

Paddock Spy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fast guy with ots of cash? What, to join the slower guy with NO cash?
Old 1 May 2001, 19:19 (Ref:87645)   #4
farcnield

Na Duma intended to run a two car team, its really only economical to run at least two cars, both with economies of scale and data sharing! They had some one else lined up to drive the other car but he pulled out!! I think they`re about to sign Adam Jones, who has sufered from a lack of funding due to his manager being diagnosed with suspected terminal disease! I`m sure you`ll see another driver joining Jamie Spence! cause they`ve go the car and it might as well be runing on a low budget rather than just accumulating dust and depreciating away, especially as the new Dallara come out next year!!

Farc.

Old 2 May 2001, 08:43 (Ref:87886)   #5
LHR
Rookie

Who is adam jones?

Never heard of him.
Old 5 May 2001, 10:40 (Ref:89248)   #6
pv27uk
Racer

pv27uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won the Promotion Class, or whatever the Class B was called, in the French Formula 3 Championship last year. He's a good driver.

Duma do aim to run a second driver.
Old 5 May 2001, 16:46 (Ref:89330)   #7
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farcnield, do you know the name of Adam's manager? I knew his, and his brother Gavin's manager when Gavin was in FRenault, I'm just hoping it's not the same person.

Adam also did the La Filiere scholarship, with, if I remember, a fair bit of success.
Old 8 May 2001, 15:19 (Ref:90257)   #8
Tim555
Rookie

Tim555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duma Never

Duma have no plans to run a second car this year. Though bad management and poor driver relations they have ruined any chance that they initially had. Jamie spence has no money and the backer is only running him to save face after all the press that Autosport gave them. If a second driver is to be found he will replace Spence straight away. There is even talk of Spence being replaced by another driver, and that driver is to be funded by the teams backer, so they dont lose any more face. Duma ruined themselfs.
Old 8 May 2001, 18:25 (Ref:90355)   #9
farcnield

Sorry FEUsmart, i can`t remeber his name, he`s a Scottish guy with ginger hair, i`ve met him a few times but i can`t remember his name at the moment.
Farc.

Old 11 May 2001, 10:43 (Ref:91194)   #10
LHR
Rookie

Re: Duma Never

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim555
Duma have no plans to run a second car this year. Though bad management and poor driver relations they have ruined any chance that they initially had. Jamie spence has no money and the backer is only running him to save face after all the press that Autosport gave them. If a second driver is to be found he will replace Spence straight away. There is even talk of Spence being replaced by another driver, and that driver is to be funded by the teams backer, so they dont lose any more face. Duma ruined themselfs.
You don't sound bitter at all.

Duma are testing Craig Murray next week apparently. He will run alongside Jamie Spence. But I think the testing will show who is better driver.
Old 11 May 2001, 10:55 (Ref:91195)   #11
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Duma Never

Quote:
Originally posted by LHR

You don't sound bitter at all.

Duma are testing Craig Murray next week apparently. He will run alongside Jamie Spence. But I think the testing will show who is better driver.
I can't see that reducing their repair bill, but they might be having accidents nearer the front......
Old 11 May 2001, 22:19 (Ref:91366)   #12
F3-is-cool
Rookie

F3-is-cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: Duma Never

Quote:
Originally posted by Marshal

I can't see that reducing their repair bill, but they might be having accidents nearer the front......
Erm Lest See Jamie 'Opps I crashed' Spence or Craig 'OOHH a Gravel Trap' Murray...

At least they will never need to buy gravel for the drive way at the factory
Old 13 May 2001, 11:38 (Ref:91731)   #13
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddock Spy "A fast guy with lots of cash? What, to join the slower guy with NO cash?"

5th place AND second fastest lap at Oulton hardly implies that a driver is slow does it? Inconsistent maybe but that's not always just down to the driver, as we all know.
Old 13 May 2001, 16:37 (Ref:91879)   #14
farcnield

Well i know that there testing some geezer with an Italian sounding name on Tuesday but i can`t remember his name!
Farc.

Old 14 May 2001, 15:34 (Ref:92336)   #15
LHR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Francesca
Paddock Spy "A fast guy with lots of cash? What, to join the slower guy with NO cash?"
I think it's generally the other way round in motor racing. Slow guys with loads of money and fast guys with no money - hence Matt Davies losing his seat, and the likes of Priaulx and Gilmore appearing to be better than they are.
Old 14 May 2001, 17:32 (Ref:92418)   #16
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just so you know - that was a quote from the mysterious Paddock Spy and certainly not from me - Francesca.

Yes it's sadly true that in general it's a rich kids sport but the odd one or two brassick talents get through every now and again.
Old 15 May 2001, 16:35 (Ref:92861)   #17
Doc Savage
Rookie

Doc Savage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duma are testing several drivers today, as they have done several times before...whether any of them will have the budget to afford the drive (which from what I hear is vastly cheaper than most teams due to Duma's financial backers)is yet to be seen.

Also whether any of them are better than JS is yet to be seen too. So he may have bumped a few cars off the track in his time - who hasn't! Sato is the 'king' of getting away with that yet people still call him the 'favourite' for this years championship.
Old 15 May 2001, 21:48 (Ref:93006)   #18
Marshal
Veteran

Welcome to 10 Tenths Doc. Interesting to hear that Duma are testing people, no clues as to who?

As for Spence v Sato, one of them has the advantage of being blindingly fast
Old 16 May 2001, 09:14 (Ref:93106)   #19
LHR
Rookie

Two seats supposedly for sale at Avanti too - but does anyone really have the money?

Not likely. Anyone with a budget has got a seat and the stragglers that are left are chancing their arm.

Shouldn't Duma really hurry up and choose someone if they're going to do it at all?
Old 16 May 2001, 09:21 (Ref:93107)   #20
F3-is-cool
Rookie

Quote:
As for Spence v Sato, one of them has the advantage of being blindingly fast
Ah but rememeber Honda shares the data from all its engines round the paddock except for Sato's!

The word in that Sato's engine is upto 10% more powerful and possibly at least 1 evolution further down the line than everyone else. Having said that Sato is quick I would just be nice to see him in an 'equal' car.
Old 16 May 2001, 11:52 (Ref:93165)   #21
LHR
Rookie

Isn't sato's dad the MD of honda or something?

I heard that, but it's probably lies.
Old 16 May 2001, 12:02 (Ref:93172)   #22
Marshal
Veteran

The profile I read of him was that his family had no money to support racing at all, and he raced bicycles in his teens, before having tohe opportunity to race in Honda Formula Dream in Japan (I think he won a competion or something). This season is only his fourth racing anything, he never did karts.

As for his engine being better, I don't know, but if it was as much better as F3-is-cool is suggesting, I think the evidence would be more apparent. BTW, is this fact you know to be true or 'paddock rumour'?

Last edited by Marshal; 16 May 2001 at 12:04.
Old 16 May 2001, 12:17 (Ref:93182)   #23
Doc Savage
Rookie

Doc Savage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duma have been trying for a second driver since the team was formed - there aren't any drivers around with any money, it's as simple as that.

Maybe if FOTA hadn't allowed so many Scholarship drivers to register (creating havoc in qualifying at some of the smaller tracks)there may be more backers out there for the other drivers.

Maybe the BRDC should help finance more british drivers, instead of 'secretly' part-funding one in particular.
Old 16 May 2001, 16:16 (Ref:93253)   #24
LHR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Savage

Maybe the BRDC should help finance more british drivers, instead of 'secretly' part-funding one in particular.
*stands up and applauds

Well said, Doc!
Old 16 May 2001, 21:15 (Ref:93365)   #25
F3-is-cool
Rookie

Quote:
The profile I read of him was that his family had no money to support racing at all, and he raced bicycles in his teens, before having tohe opportunity to race in Honda Formula Dream in Japan (I think he won a competion or something). This season is only his fourth racing anything, he never did karts.

As for his engine being better, I don't know, but if it was as much better as F3-is-cool is suggesting, I think the evidence would be more apparent. BTW, is this fact you know to be true or 'paddock rumour'?
Lets just say I have heard it from several different people both Team, Media and Drivers. However they all qualify the comment by adding something like "However he his bloody Fast anyway".

The facts are hard to establish however it would explain his early season engine/gearbox problems ie at snetterton etc. And the fact he was allowed to have new tyre at Oulton with NO penalty. But don't get me started on that.:P