Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Jul 2001, 22:12 (Ref:114542)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRITISH GRAND PRIX: Roll call please ladies and gentlemen...

Right, Bella is armed with the Ten-Tenths banner.

Who else is coming???
Old 9 Jul 2001, 08:35 (Ref:114663)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ok, this could be interesting. i'm on the call queue for silverstone. it's 9.32am....
Old 9 Jul 2001, 08:50 (Ref:114671)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
I phoned them at 8.34am, and wasn't answered until about 9.05am... Geez.
Old 9 Jul 2001, 08:58 (Ref:114677)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9.56, and it's all booked. aaargh!! my credit card will *never* be the same again...

apparently, people have been arriving since the weekend for the campsite outside the gate. utter madness.....
Old 9 Jul 2001, 12:44 (Ref:114761)   #5
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I will be there on Sunday but being new I've never met any of you. I will look out for the banner but it sounds like it might not be there. I will be the one shouting very loud for Mr Irvine!!
Old 9 Jul 2001, 12:48 (Ref:114764)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

we have about 8 banners at the moment. i have the ten tenths one, mark has a kimi on, a fernando one and a minardi one. not sure how we're going to wave them all, but we'll solve that problem when we get to it...
Old 9 Jul 2001, 12:52 (Ref:114766)   #7
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me, me, me, me, me... I will be there from Thursday afternoon through to mid-Monday. I know there's nothing there on a Thursday but I'm coming up extra early. I'm staying with friends in the village and I thought I'd make a bit of a holiday out of it (even though I only live 28 miles from the circuit).

Let me know where you're all planning to be - save me searching madly for the 10-10ths banner.

See you

Suzy
Old 9 Jul 2001, 12:59 (Ref:114769)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

me and mfan and a few others are pitching up tent in the campsite opposite the main gate. i'll be there on thursday evening, to pick up my tickets, and to bagsy a bit of ground for craig's tent (thanks craig ). will be leaving as late as poss on sunday night to try and avoid as much traffic as possible. bloody m1.

woodytj and minardifan are arriving around friday morning, crack o' sparrows, and will no doubt wake me up. not sure about anyone else...
Old 9 Jul 2001, 18:04 (Ref:114895)   #9
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Current plan is ... I to travel to the circuit everyday. Aim for Sunday is to wake up at 3am start driving at 4am ... 5am join the "q" at the gate and then find a place to sit.

I can't believe that it is THIS .... it has arrived soo quickly!!
Old 9 Jul 2001, 21:02 (Ref:114974)   #10
KIMISIS
Rookie

KIMISIS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I could lie......

......and say yes I'll be there but what would be the point in that I ask you! Instead I will just have to sit at home infront of the box getting very jealous of everyone who is there, but there is the comfort of not having to wait a good 4 hours to get out of the damn place when the race has finished!

Last edited by KIMISIS; 9 Jul 2001 at 21:04.
Old 9 Jul 2001, 21:36 (Ref:114984)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'll not be there either... waaaaaay too much money for me! If no-one is working, we could meet up somewhere and watch it on TV though ? Anyone care to nominate a pub with a large TV and within easy travelling distance of London, Woking, Salisbury, etc...?
Old 9 Jul 2001, 23:24 (Ref:115014)   #12
mikebrown70
Rookie

mikebrown70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there on the Sunday, dont know any of you but will keep at lookout for the banners. Are all o fthe gates open on the sunday or just the main entrance?
Old 10 Jul 2001, 00:06 (Ref:115039)   #13
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not long now guys!!!! i presume bella and minardi fan u are talking race day here!!!

hope so..!! im there sunday too

finish work sat night at 12midnight then picking mate up and travelling straight to silverstone be there bout 0130-0145 ish get arse in queue to get a good spot!!

gonna aim for luffield area where we sat for nite race earlier in year!!

bella i think if you wanna decent spot on sunday u may have to leave a little earlier than that matey i went two years ago got there for 3am queue was massive gates opened at 5am and when i got to copse i sat at back of enbankment not by choice either!!

but hey if you all wanna meet up then im sure we can space out a bit!! and save you place or something

hey woodytj whats your plans

i say we vote for a decent spot to sit if ya all wanna meet up
Old 10 Jul 2001, 00:36 (Ref:115056)   #14
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Bella and I are camping so if you give us an E.T.A we'll join you in the queue Spooner. Everyone together sounds like a good idea because we can keep the spot more easily.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 01:45 (Ref:115084)   #15
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool!! - like i said i be there around 2am queue usually builds up around 1am god that is so sad but hey kum bye ya in an orderly line will always go down well!!!

wheres Woody got too!!
Old 10 Jul 2001, 11:11 (Ref:115189)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
She's awfully quiet... she's either:

a)imploded with excitement,

or

b)working on some horrifically incriminating photos of me from Silverstone...

Last edited by Minardi fan; 10 Jul 2001 at 11:13.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 11:14 (Ref:115192)   #17
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Ooooh and a 3am group photo with the banner sounds rather good, non?

Old 10 Jul 2001, 11:29 (Ref:115205)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
3am? not a chance, mate. you'll have to drag me and my sleeping bag down to the queue as it is, let alone get my head out of it for a happy smiley group mugshot...

ARRRGGHHHHHHHH!!! TOO EXCITED!!!
Old 10 Jul 2001, 13:52 (Ref:115256)   #19
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Oh... my... life...

Looks like it's going to be a re-run of 2000 folks - yes, that's right - rain is forecast, and plenty of it.

HURRAH!!!

Old 10 Jul 2001, 13:56 (Ref:115257)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
...but i'm not waterproof...
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:42 (Ref:116237)   #21
WoodyTJ
Veteran

I've been poorly this week sorry for the delay.

I've got a centre transfer so I will be aiming to sit in the centre ... or in a certain 'box'. I'mmmmmm soooo excited. If anyone wants to meet up at any point please give me a ring on my mobile. I'm there all three days.

Tomorrow here I come
Old 12 Jul 2001, 18:51 (Ref:116241)   #22
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish I could GO 4 all 3 days but I don't have anuff money 4 1

anyway enjoy the 3 days at siverstone Woody TJ.
Old 13 Jul 2001, 20:51 (Ref:116734)   #23
WoodyTJ
Veteran

I'm shattered ... I eventually got home at 8.30 this evening.It took me 30 minsutes to get into the circuit at 10.00am and 30 minutes to escape.

A fantastic day with the lovely weather adding to it. It decided to rain about 1.30/2.00 just after the second F1 session ... and didn't it rain for everyone out in the rain I hope you survived it dry ... but I did receive a text message from minardi fan says he was soaked - opps, (or in his words ahhhhhhhhhh)!

He last message was to tell everyone to look out for the flags tomorrow!
Old 13 Jul 2001, 20:58 (Ref:116736)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's British GP weekend... of course it rained!

Glad you had a good time mate... hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend even more! Wish I was there, but i'm saving that money and can probably do five or six other meetings for the same amount...!
Old 13 Jul 2001, 20:59 (Ref:116738)   #25
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by WoodyTJ
I'm shattered ... I eventually got home at 8.30 this evening.It took me 30 minsutes to get into the circuit at 10.00am and 30 minutes to escape.

thats just Friday on Sunday there will be a line up to 2 miles to the entry to the track At least it won't a nightmare like last year