Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3392784)   #176
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Can't they just grab a few locals and their stands from La Sarthe region? By Sunday, I think I'd kill for a Sandwich Americain Merguez and Kronenberg on a wonky wooden bench.
Given the number of roving French markets popping up on village greens across southern England I suspect bringing that little bit of Le Mans to Silverstone would be remarkably straightforward, it would just require a little care and effort, and from the perspective of Silverstone I get the distinct impression that really all they want to do is take the path of least resistance, sell Divine Burger a long contract, and forget about it.

If their events team was minded to look and see what was possible, build relations with some of the more creative vendors (much like Flem suggests they should), and sell it as more of a family day out I suspect they'd get somewhere, but I'm not inclined to hold my breath on this.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3392787)   #177
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I might be asking an awful lot here, but I hope I can enjoy the race without the incessant back and forth arguments about the P1-H cars. Yes we get it, diesel/petrol/hybrid/coal/nuclear/gas/magic all have their respective pros and cons but from the figures the energy allocations are as balanced as they can be; let's just enjoy the biggest level of manufacturer support in over a decade.

Unfortunately, I think what will actually happen is my ignore list will gain at least one prominent poster.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3392798)   #178
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
let's just enjoy the biggest level of manufacturer support in over a decade.
Not True, in 2009 we had 9 Factory cars at LM, this year we only have 7
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3392806)   #179
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Not True, in 2009 we had 9 Factory cars at LM, this year we only have 7
Numerically maybe, but in 2009 only 6 of those ever had a realistic shot at winning.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3392832)   #180
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I shall be with you all in spirit. Either that or drowning myself in it.......
In what ..... a decent bottle of plonk ?

Cant wait for LM Andrew !!!
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3392857)   #181
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think i reignited the flames about the food at the circuit, sorry about that.
Stiil would be nice to eat something cooked at the circuit without paying the price twice once when you hand over cash and again a couple of hours later when it causes you an upset tummy
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3392858)   #182
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
just seen an updated weather report, not looking as good as it did a few days ago
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3392859)   #183
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
just seen an updated weather report, not looking as good as it did a few days ago
Sunday's forecast is still too far off, but on the BBC site, they're saying sunny with cloudy intervals with a temperature of 11 degrees. UV3 as well - you can burn in that.

I refuse to look at any other forecast.

I'm typing this from my back garden though - I'm a bit concerned that we're using up all of our good weather too early on here in Northants.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3392904)   #184
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Shame that there are some dropouts, hope they will be at spa ( except the Dome that is)
Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3392909)   #185
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately, Andy Blackmore just announced on his Facebook page that there won't be a spotter guide for WEC or ELMS at Silverstone. He's too busy with other projects right now.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3392935)   #186
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4 cars in LMP2 now. MILLENNIUM RACING Withdrawn.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3392940)   #187
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Press release on DSC reads a lot like "parent company funding actually came from Russia and got blocked by the recent sanctions"...
Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3392942)   #188
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
these withdrawals and delays are unacceptable.

Last edited by TheDude; 15 Apr 2014 at 18:59.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3392945)   #189
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
4 cars in LMP2 now. MILLENNIUM RACING Withdrawn.
Source?? Their twitter does not say anything and they already have a picture of their cars at silverstone. Are you trolling usĀæ?
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3392948)   #190
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
dailysportscar.com has the story...
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3392950)   #191
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Source?? Their twitter does not say anything and they already have a picture of their cars at silverstone. Are you trolling usĀæ?
DSC posted the story on twitter http://t.co/YZtJIvUGb6
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3392954)   #192
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
At this rate there will be none left soon
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3392959)   #193
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely gutted for the guys at Millennium Racing/Delta.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3392966)   #194
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
"And so the mighty WEC empire comes crumbling down."

It all has become way too expensive, soon we might be left with only manufacturers in P1 and GTE plus a couple of GT3 (GTC) cars as gridfillers...

Reintegration with ELMS anyone?
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3392968)   #195
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

It all has become way too expensive, soon we might be left with only manufacturers in P1 and GTE plus a couple of GT3 (GTC) cars as gridfillers...

It's more a matter of some teams going for funding in a certain part of the world which has recently gone all awry and is being hit with sanctions that affect that funding.

And it's not just in WEC.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3392971)   #196
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Press release on DSC reads a lot like "parent company funding actually came from Russia and got blocked by the recent sanctions"...
Expect more problems for Russian drivers / teams then....
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3392973)   #197
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Woah, steady on. This is a less than ideal start but come on, this is a setback for the opening round - and nothing more.

We'll have over 30 cars at Spa and probably won't drop into the 20s for the rest of the season.

This simply a number of circumstances outside teams' and organisers' control. Drop outs so far have been due to poor preparation or political/economic sanctions, not because budgets are out of control. Let's keep our heads here. There will still be 27 cars starting at Silverstone, more than any other FIA world championship entry. I'm going on Saturday and Sunday and I can't bloody wait, as disappointing as this news is.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3392974)   #198
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
easy money comes with hidden costs unfortunately
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3392976)   #199
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Also,

Quote:
Same people run both championships.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3392983)   #200
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well this sucks, i hope this gets sorted soon and that at sarthe we'll have the full field again