Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Aug 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2943599)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig & Natalie Lowndes Confirm Separation (Merged)

If the rumor mills are true, could a property is SEQ be up for sale or will it be a part of a settlement?

Depends on what a V8 Supercar driver gets paid I suppose
Old 22 Aug 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2944456)   #2
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
fomoco has been rather light on info and it makes it tricky to assess what the point of the post was/is
Old 23 Aug 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2944475)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
fomoco has been rather light on info and it makes it tricky to assess what the point of the post was/is
To tell of the rumour that a recent race winner and his wife have allegedly separated, with a view to divorce. Sadly the parties in question have a history of being quick draws on solicitors letters, so we are talking about the dreadful state of Queensland Raceway as an alternate...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Aug 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2944481)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
speaking of recent race winners that live in SEQ, i noticed (for the first time) that one had pictures of what i assume were his kids on his helmet at a recent race meeting, nice touch in some ways, not so sure about it in other ways
Old 23 Aug 2011, 04:50 (Ref:2944520)   #5
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
To tell of the rumour that a recent race winner and his wife have allegedly separated, with a view to divorce. Sadly the parties in question have a history of being quick draws on solicitors letters, so we are talking about the dreadful state of Queensland Raceway as an alternate...
so if this is the case, how is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
If the rumor mills are true, could a property is SEQ be up for sale or will it be a part of a settlement?

Depends on what a V8 Supercar driver gets paid I suppose
any of our business??????
Old 23 Aug 2011, 05:03 (Ref:2944524)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
well while not saying it is our business, One could argue that a driver who was going through a divorce might not be operating at the best of their ability and therefore one would not place bets on this driver to win a race, or tip them in a competition.

just as equally one could argue that free of an anchor they might suddenly be able to win races and place bets on them or tip them in a competition.

typically these things are well discussed in the media anyway, but not nornmally before any official announcment
Old 23 Aug 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2944568)   #7
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

AFL footballers are fair game in the Melbourne press, headlines in quieter times .. not sure silence is in the best interests of the V8 circus
Old 23 Aug 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2944633)   #8
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
so if this is the case, how is this:
any of our business??????

Because in this day and age scandal gets you column inches. It has been kept quiet before maybe it shouldn't be.
Old 23 Aug 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2944858)   #9
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
It has been kept quiet before maybe it shouldn't be.
i'm sorry i thought i had logged into Ten Tenths, not Woman's Day Online...
Old 23 Aug 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2944864)   #10
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are right there Axeman, although there are a few old women that are on here.

What ever happens it is their business, not ours, and I am more concerned with
the amount of Races that they are going to hold overseas, than other peopoles private lives.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 00:19 (Ref:2944883)   #11
sime1070
Rookie

sime1070 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huh?

And the point to this thread is...
Be good to stay above all the tabloid type stuff and it is drawing a long bow to suggest that it has to do with betting on V8 Supercars... Reading that thread was 5 minutes we won't get back!
Old 24 Aug 2011, 03:44 (Ref:2944911)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
ha ha, i find it amusing that you guys think an internet forum is different to women days online. Not sure where you would ever have got that idea from

Still if your not interested then stop coming to this thread,
Old 24 Aug 2011, 03:50 (Ref:2944913)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
ha ha, i find it amusing that you guys think an internet forum is different to women days online. Not sure where you would ever have got that idea from

Still if your not interested then stop coming to this thread,
i'll make it very clear for you peckstar, this is an internet motorsport forum. The alleged domestic affairs of a driver do not belong in a motorsport forum.

However most of the thought processes and logic shown in your posts lack reasoning so i'm not surprised.

the reason i come back into this thread is defending the person who this is aimed at, even though i have no idea who it is apart from a vague assumption that it is a certain person. I don't care if it was Kyle Busch, whom i can't stand, this is not the place for it. If you want to gossip about people's relationships, and you feel the need to discuss this within this forum, the Parc Ferme sub-forum might welcome you, or better still search for the aforementioned Woman's Day online
Old 24 Aug 2011, 04:40 (Ref:2944920)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
i'll make it very clear for you peckstar, this is an internet motorsport forum. The alleged domestic affairs of a driver do not belong in a motorsport forum.

However most of the thought processes and logic shown in your posts lack reasoning so i'm not surprised.

the reason i come back into this thread is defending the person who this is aimed at, even though i have no idea who it is apart from a vague assumption that it is a certain person. I don't care if it was Kyle Busch, whom i can't stand, this is not the place for it. If you want to gossip about people's relationships, and you feel the need to discuss this within this forum, the Parc Ferme sub-forum might welcome you, or better still search for the aforementioned Woman's Day online

why not? you didnt explain that very well. when a person has a baby its relevant in this forum, or gets married, surely a divorce is just as relevent, you might have a narrow view of motorsport, but otehrs do not, it has the potentail to affect there form

if you dont feel its relevent then go to threads that are

plus i havent seen you in the orrcon thread discussing a similar line of thinking, or the firepower thread or the Gore thread or the threads were people are up on drugs charges
Old 24 Aug 2011, 06:08 (Ref:2944938)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
why not? you didnt explain that very well. when a person has a baby its relevant in this forum, or gets married, surely a divorce is just as relevent, you might have a narrow view of motorsport, but otehrs do not, it has the potentail to affect there form
probably because it wasn't read properly. if someone has a baby, gets married etc, and is actually announced to the public, then sure give them congratulations, send them flowers, whatever. As far as i know this has not been publicly announced.

Quote:
if you dont feel its relevent then go to threads that are
as mentioned before which you obviously skimmed over, i'm defending the alleged subjects of this thread, without knowing who they are, and most definitely not knowing them personally. This is different to just not liking the subject matter. As such i won't move on, but thanks for the offer

Quote:
plus i havent seen you in the orrcon thread discussing a similar line of thinking, or the firepower thread or the Gore thread or the threads were people are up on drugs charges
that would be because those people have done something wrong, with respect to the general public, often of an illegal nature. Someone going through a domestic dispute is not of an illegal nature, and the coverage of such is pure gutter journalism, best left to gutter journalistic publications such as gossip mags. maybe you need to lookup the meaning of the term "domestic". I'll give you a tip, it has nothing to do with "public interest"
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2944972)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
axeman , this forum constantly speculates over who is getting sacked or who is getting employed, I have never once seen you come out and defended Alex Davison for that rumour, how come, poor bloke is, according to this forum, about to get sacked, It hasnt been made public, Where is your defense? Come on go into attack and defend the named. In this threads case there are no names but for some reason you feel willing to defend it.

Dont be hypocritical about this, your either in for defending against gossip or you are not

Or is it only when that it has to do with divorce that you have an issue? In which case I disagree with you because its relevent to mortorsport,

We are weeks away from people who use this forum putting there cold hard cash over the counter to bet on Bathurst, and a potential divorce is a snippet that may influence peoples betsand we are not talking a few dollars here betting on bathurst is big money
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2944984)   #17
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peck has the right to his views, and Axeman has the right to his. Axeman you have the right to disagree with anothers views, but not the right to determine what Peck and others can say and where he can say it.

If the damn topic wasn't so cryptic, those that want to steer clear of it would have an easier time determining that.

A forum's communal success will be determined the same way any business model is...by its relevance to consumers, which in turn feeds the commercial aspect that determines the forum owner's ability to continue.

What was the topic again?
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2944989)   #18
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2944992)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 24 Aug 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2945004)   #20
team drinkalot
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
team drinkalot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to check the forum, and to my disbelief, it was 10 tenths. Thought I accidentally clicked onto one of my wifes forum.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2945074)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I dont get why you dont just delete this thread, every post is off topic, so if we csnt discuss it, just delete it
Old 25 Aug 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2945561)   #22
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear a whisper that the Masters apprentice has been caught with his pants down again & his laundry is about to be aired. We wil see.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2946020)   #23
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess everyone can stop speculating

Quote:
Craig and Natalie Lowndes have confirmed their recent separation.

After 14 years of marriage, Craig and Nat confirmed that the separation is amicable and that the two continue to share joint custody and parenting of their two children, Levi and Chilli.

Natalie will also continue to work alongside Craig on their many business interests.

“Our thoughts are with the kids and making this transition as easy as possible for them,” Craig and Natalie said in a joint statement.

“We remain good friends and will continue to share parenting duties, but unfortunately have grown apart as a couple. These things are sad but it’s a reality of modern life.”

Craig and Natalie have asked that all respect the family’s privacy and no further comment will be made.
Actually it looks like someone has cleaned this thread up
Old 26 Aug 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2946041)   #24
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow,
I'm genuinely surprised and a tad sad to hear this news - they always seemed like a happy fam.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 01:41 (Ref:2946044)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
F71, Not everyone who seperates, hates each other, some people just realsie that it is best move for them at the time

Still, i agree with your tad sas comment, Its not something we rerally enjoy hearing
Closed Thread