Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Jun 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3091271)   #1226
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Just seen a tweet from Endurance Magazine that Bouillon won't be running for Pescarolo and speculating about a last minutes replacement by Marroc.

Didn't think this was possible or is the ACO likely to take a force majeure argument?
Old 15 Jun 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3091273)   #1227
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Maybe Henri should ask Toyota whether he can use Julien Jousse
Old 15 Jun 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3091346)   #1228
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Just seen a tweet from Endurance Magazine that Bouillon won't be running for Pescarolo and speculating about a last minutes replacement by Marroc.

Didn't think this was possible or is the ACO likely to take a force majeure argument?
Seems rather late! But many (myself included) see Boullion as a liability, not an asset these days.....).
Old 15 Jun 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3091550)   #1229
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
LeManske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

Where's Julien Jousse when you need him?

Damn somebody allready beat me to it!
Old 15 Jun 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3091552)   #1230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As has been mentioned elsewhere, the car will run with just the two drivers.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3091565)   #1231
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a little bit strange as situation, but also last year the #9 ran more than 20 hours with just 2 drivers.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3091588)   #1232
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
a little bit strange as situation, but also last year the #9 ran more than 20 hours with just 2 drivers.
The #73 Corvette which won the GT class also ran with 2 drivers from the 8 hour mark or so since Olivier Beretta got intoxicated from the carbon monoxide during the safety car periods.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3091597)   #1233
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the car keeps running (unlikely IMO) for the 24 hours then it could be a great chance for Stuart Hall to help build a reputation for himself. The ironman work of Andre Lotterer in the Kolles R10 after the ridiculous hip injury debacle didn't do his future sportscar career any harm...

J-CB is past it now in my opinion. Sad, but I think it's time to hang up the helmet before he tarnishes the memories of his glory days. James Weaver might have had it right all along - you should be able to see it's time to step out and do so before anyone else does.

EDIT: Ha, post 3333 for me. This probably means I should hang up the keyboard!
Old 15 Jun 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3091680)   #1234
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
The ironman work of Andre Lotterer in the Kolles R10 after the ridiculous hip injury debacle didn't do his future sportscar career any harm...

Do you mean Karthikeyan's dislocated shoulder - or have I missed something somewhere?
Old 16 Jun 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3091874)   #1235
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wollek-Stuck did it alone , and planned it 1989 , and did it well indeed !!!

What a crew that was .
Old 16 Jun 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3091884)   #1236
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol....AMR-One bad luck continues in the 03 being scratched from Le Mans.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3091896)   #1237
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What a joke
Old 16 Jun 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3091901)   #1238
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
@dsclive is Tweeting: The Pescarolo Team tell DSC that #16 is NOT (yet) withdrawn - replacement Judd understood to be prepped for Dome and lots of work needed
Old 16 Jun 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3091903)   #1239
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#16 isn't withdrawn yet according to DSC.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3091919)   #1240
alexkiller8
Veteran

the car will start from the pits apparently, strakka honda too
Old 16 Jun 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3091942)   #1241
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I bet Mr jousse is chuckling to himself right now......
Old 16 Jun 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3091962)   #1242
alexkiller8
Veteran

problems on the dome too.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3093562)   #1243
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what is the future with Dome and Pescarolo now?
Old 17 Jun 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3093579)   #1244
alexkiller8
Veteran

even if is not all pescarolo fault i think that dome isn't satisfied of dome performance, so simply the 102.5 will return in japan and hardly we will see again a dome car in pescarolo hands.
About pescarolo team, well the sponsor budget was only for le mans race, after the shamefull race i doubt that the companies who sponsor the 03 will support the team for the remaining season... in my opinion the pescarolo 2012 season at 99% is over.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3093649)   #1245
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
even if is not all pescarolo fault i think that dome isn't satisfied of dome performance, so simply the 102.5 will return in japan and hardly we will see again a dome car in pescarolo hands.
About pescarolo team, well the sponsor budget was only for le mans race, after the shamefull race i doubt that the companies who sponsor the 03 will support the team for the remaining season... in my opinion the pescarolo 2012 season at 99% is over.
Unfortunately, I agree with this. I hope it is not the case but I will be surprised if Pescarolo runs another race this year. Hopefully Henri can regroup and come back stronger next year or in 2014.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3093675)   #1246
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What did I say weeks ago ..... I told ye all that this would happen .

they said on eurosport that Henri might retire now . That would be a shame to go out on this result , after brilliant performances for years .
Old 17 Jun 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3093757)   #1247
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sad thing for Henri is that even the privateer P1 (and P2 for that matter) benchmarks have been moved so far. It really takes a new car with factory support at the very least to do well. Rebellion, JRM, and Strakka all have pseudo-works cars/engine deals with newly developed equipment. Cars like OAK and Pescarolo now languish towards the back and I feel that will not change.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3093771)   #1248
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
The sad thing for Henri is that even the privateer P1 (and P2 for that matter) benchmarks have been moved so far. It really takes a new car with factory support at the very least to do well. Rebellion, JRM, and Strakka all have pseudo-works cars/engine deals with newly developed equipment. Cars like OAK and Pescarolo now languish towards the back and I feel that will not change.
Even if this were not the case, you can't take a recently completed new car with a questionable engine to Le Mans and expect it to be anything like competitive, no matter the opposition. I agree the benchmark has moved but this car didn't even star. Let's see this car reach its potential first, however limited that may be.

I don't see Henri giving up that easily. He'll stick at this.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3093773)   #1249
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Henri should get a better engine. The current engine seems to be a big joke! I hope we will see the Dome back with a better engine.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3093777)   #1250
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
Henri should get a better engine. The current engine seems to be a big joke! I hope we will see the Dome back with a better engine.
Bingo. The Pescarolo I fear will never reach the potential of the 01 because the Judd V8 is god-awful compared to the old V10. It's an old unit, basically the same one I believe as the original LMP2 unit. It was never reliable to begin with, and the problems have been recurring. Pescarolo and Dome are very smart organizations, but the engine I fear will prevent either from reaching success. For Dome, I think it's time to retire the S102.5 and work on a new car, hopefully with some sort of factory engine support (Nissan?).