Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Mar 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3374450)   #126
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
After being gently nudged by urdragon, there's an updated BSS entry list for Nogaro:
http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...ss-unlucky-13/

The HTP pairings are from Motorsport-Magzin.com. Link is given in the entry list.
HAHA, Too much bored Lastly..
Old 5 Mar 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3375353)   #127
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Novadriver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
HAHA, Too much bored Lastly..
I guess it will stay that way for wile

No news on Novadriver and BSS:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/nov...-tatuus-py012/
Old 5 Mar 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3375361)   #128
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Pro entries so far:

o- WRT Audi: L Vanthoor / C Ramos.
o- WRT Audi: R Rast / E Ide.
o- WRT Audi: S Ortelli / R Rusinov.
o- HTP Mercedes: M Buhk / TBA.
o- HTP Mercedes: S Dusseldorp / TBA.
o- ROAL BMW: A Zanardi.
Old 8 Mar 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3376464)   #129
IndyMeister
Racer

Nelsinho in BSS?

Could be a BMW All-Star combination: Nelson Piquet Jr. & Caca Bueno:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/nel...h-team-brasil/

Nor confirmed, yet!!!
Old 8 Mar 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3376467)   #130
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Good choice, Zonta was really disappointing last year; really hope they do Spa or some other BES rounds this year.
Old 9 Mar 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3376643)   #131
IndyMeister
Racer

AH Team Brasil

According to this, there will be two AH Team Brasil BMWs.

The BSS 2014 entry list looks a lot nicer now (whoever drives for Team Brasil ):
http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...france-nogaro/
Old 9 Mar 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3376725)   #132
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is plenty of Time for April, we could bother if the race started like the F1 next week. In more than a month the grid could almost double.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3376999)   #133
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeroen Bleekemolen confirmed at Grasser in one of the Lambos - http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bs...len-to-lineup/
Old 10 Mar 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3377103)   #134
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another big names arrives in the form of Nelson Piquet Jr. for BMW Team Brazil

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112841
Old 11 Mar 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3377438)   #135
IndyMeister
Racer

Bhai Tech Racing in BSS

It's an educated guess based on this and this.: 2 McLaren of Bhai Tech Racing in BSS. There were rumors about them last year, too.

Speculative entry list is (as always) here - possible drivers are there as well :
http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...-france-nogaro
Old 11 Mar 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3377446)   #136
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Paul Ricard official BOP testing is underway, is there a live timing for that? 47 cars make it to the test, don't know if they are all in the Blancpain series
Old 11 Mar 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3377463)   #137
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's an educated guess based on this and this.: 2 McLaren of Bhai Tech Racing in BSS. There were rumors about them last year, too.

Speculative entry list is (as always) here - possible drivers are there as well :
http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...-france-nogaro
If this is true, is a bad new... int. gt-open is much better than former fia gt series now called BSS, is would be a shame if a good team like bhai tech will fold gt-open to join in the crappiest european GT3 sprint championship. At least I hope that the team will run also in BES.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3377477)   #138
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
why do you say that, just out of interest?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of either - they're both sprint series in cars built for longer distances and sharing drivers - but I find watching BSS easier than GTOpen and see no reason that would change this year.

These are just my personal opinions:

BSS Pros:

- Production of TV coverage (SRO excels at this, I must admit)
- All-pro lineups
- Zolder, Baku, Brands Hatch, Zandvoort
- Part of Blancpain GT overall champ (from 2014)

GTO Pros:

- Hungaroring, Spa, Monza
- Multiple classes (although personally I'm not a fan of GT2 and GT3 together, I have the same problem with ELMS)
Old 11 Mar 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3377486)   #139
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
If this is true, is a bad new... int. gt-open is much better than former fia gt series now called BSS
The season starts the 20 th of April so there's more than a month remaining for cars to enter, no need of predictions.

What bothers me is, if is it the GT Open so perfect, where it is the 10/10 thread for me to peer a little bit their current entry list.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3377487)   #140
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
90% of gt-open entries are pro-am, this is true, but last year beyond WRT and loeb racing, the fia gt series pro class wasn't so great as well. 2012 fia gt1(lol) never had more than 17 cars in grid, there were pro teams live vita4one, hexis and munnich motorsport but races were boring like no others, while 2012 GT-open was simply amazing, the best european GT championship with AF Corse, Manthey, Villois and V8 racing fighting each other until the last turn of the last lap of the last race. 2013 GT-open season wasn't epic like 2012, but much better than the fia gt series.

Then, do we need to talk about track list? Gt-open has a F1 quality track list, BSS runs in nogaro... zandvoort... baku... no need for words, only a big facepalm (on ratel face).

I watch races via streaming, and I don't know who has a better TV coverage. Anyway GT racing isn't a mainstream event like F1 or motoGP, it is only followed by expert motorsport fans.

The only 2 things I don't like about GT-open is the time penality and absolute/general classification point system.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3377502)   #141
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Then, do we need to talk about track list? Gt-open has a F1 quality track list, BSS runs in nogaro... zandvoort... baku... no need for words, only a big facepalm (on ratel face).
F1 quality tracks doesn't say much to me. Often the lesser "quality" tracks are better.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3377508)   #142
carbon_titanium
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
F1 quality tracks doesn't say much to me. Often the lesser "quality" tracks are better.
Well, let's say that I like more to watch 30-35 GT cars running in legendary tracks like spa, silverstone or monza than watch less than 25 GT cars running in tracks like nogaro or slovakiaring . At the end, I think that a great tracks list helps a lot to improve the quality of a championship. Afterall, everyone of us love BES also because the presence of tracks like silverstone, paul ricard, spa, monza and nurburgring.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3377575)   #143
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I agree with some of those, but there are about 100 tracks I'd rather see a sprint race at than Silverstone!

I agree that track lists are important but both series have their weak points and it seems many circuits are up to the individual as to whether they're 'good' or not; for example, I loved watching the Baku event last year and Zandvoort is a classic that is thankfully untouched by Formula 1's touch-of-atmospheric-death.

At the end of the day though, I might not be the biggest fan of either sprint series, but I'm grateful that there are some 60 GT cars between the two series.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3377583)   #144
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I actually enjoyed the GT'1' year in a way; there were 8-10 good quality lineups and the 'boring' races are, in some ways, what I miss in these days of artificial yellow flags and 'the show is everything' mentality. I miss something just winning because it's better on that day than the others. WRT certainly did it a lot last year, but it meant that the races where the McLaren or Mercedes were competitive meant something more.

In these days where everything is Pro-Am then the quality of the 'pro' means so little at the end of the race sometimes.

Sorry, getting off topic. Nice to see the BhaiTec McLarens, hope they'll bring some competitive cars over.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3377688)   #145
IndyMeister
Racer

JMB | GT-R | Day/Jaminet | Silver Cup

Sorry to interrupt:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/une...thieu-jaminet/
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3377699)   #146
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speculation: Is Grégoire Demoustier looking for a BSS drive or a BES drive?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3377872)   #147
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
So, that was the privateer car JRM was supposed to be supporting for the incoming season, I though it was for the endurance series, but I wasn't so wrong:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=139760&page=9

Finally they will do BSS, great!, one nissan at every Blancpain series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Speculation: Is Grégoire Demoustier looking for a BSS drive or a BES drive?
Last year he did Blancpain with ART, so he should be on ELMS by now (Don't know if luckily or not)

Last edited by urdragon; 12 Mar 2014 at 17:31.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3377884)   #148
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Last year he did Blancpain with ART, so he should be on ELMS by now (Don't know if luckily or not)
If he's lucky, could he step up at driving a Le Mans Prototype or just driving a GT car?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3377970)   #149
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just listening to an interview on MWM with Alessandro Latif. Impressive-sounding young Audi-backed guy.

Seems he's doing the sprint series. Anyone know which entry?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3377973)   #150
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Just listening to an interview on MWM with Alessandro Latif. Impressive-sounding young Audi-backed guy.

Seems he's doing the sprint series. Anyone know which entry?
According to Indymeister's list there is only one WRT car not completelly anounced:

http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...france-nogaro/

Who knows?