Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Mar 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3377977)   #151
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
According to Indymeister's list there is only one WRT car not completelly anounced:

http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...france-nogaro/

Who knows?
All 4 WRT cars are filled. Wonder if we'll see an entry from either Phoenix or Sainteloc, those could be places someone like Latif would fit.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3377981)   #152
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
All 4 WRT cars are filled. Wonder if we'll see an entry from either Phoenix or Sainteloc, those could be places someone like Latif would fit.
He's bronze-rated apparently so could be a nice catch for an AM squad.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3377985)   #153
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Latif was testing the Pheonix car with Sandstorm, no? I would assume one of their entries.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3378027)   #154
revolucion
Rookie

Sweden
revolucion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latif is gold-rated in IMSA this season: http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...%2314-22_0.pdf
Guess that'd point him towards being rated higher than bronze in SRO GT3 as well.

Sandström (gold rated), Winkelhock (platinum), Mayr-Melnhof (silver), Latif (gold rated in IMSA) and Alex Müller (platinum rated in WEC), who seems to have signed with Phoenix, are a quite impressive collection of drivers. Not sure if any of the four first mentioned is signed though, although they tested at Paul Ricard.

Andreas Simonsen has the complete Blancpain GT series incorporated in his seasonal calendar at his website. HTP? Black Falcon? He has been affiliated with both. Afanasiev has, from what i understand, talked about returning as well. Harold Primat doesn't include the Sprint races in his 2014 calendar - only Blancpain Endurance. Perhaps a comeback for the Simonsen/Afanasiev duo in 2014? It's only speculations at this point.

Lastly, great news about the JMB Nissan entry. Silver Cup is shaping up with talented drivers in impressive teams. HTP has by the way signed both Luca Stolz (born '95) and Lucas Wolf (born '94). Maximilian Bühk is born in 1992. While Bühk, I'm sure, will compete for the Pro Cup, Stolz and Wolf would be a very interesting duo for the Silver Cup. Fingers crossed.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 07:17 (Ref:3378080)   #155
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mayr-Melnhof & Latif (if he's rated below gold) would be the only Silver Cup options for Phoenix but MM is born 1978 and thus too old.

HTP has many more options if they (the drivers) want to go international...

Just a small remark: It's Maximilian Buhk. No German Umlaut for him.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3378115)   #156
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Latif is 17 and never completed a full championship so how he is rated gold is completely beyond me. It must purely be because of his Audi connection.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3378123)   #157
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Latif is 17 and never completed a full championship so how he is rated gold is completely beyond me. It must purely be because of his Audi connection.
I wonder if it's to Audi's advantage: BRO and SIL drivers (no matter how much of a Wnderkind they are) can bring an Pro-Am title GOL and PLA can't.
Nissan tried this sort of strategy last year in BES as well...

But anyway: that GOL rating for Latif is a bit weird regarding his CV:
http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/ales...-latif/career/

Fernando Rees is not rated PLA although he's amazing invitual racing
Old 13 Mar 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3378131)   #158
revolucion
Rookie

Sweden
Regarding driver pairings:

For 2013 the regulations stated that maximum Pro-Am pairing could be Platinum-Bronze or Gold-Silver.

If that's the case for 2014 Latif could possibly be paired up for Pro-Am with, let's say, Mayr-Melnhof. We'd have to wait for the SRO GT3 rating on Latif though. Perhaps IMSA rates on different grounds?

Anyway. Platinum-Bronze or Gold-Silver for Pro-Am would mean a pairing like Proczyk (Silver) and Bleekemolen (Platinum) is destined for Pro Cup, rather than Pro-Am.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3378143)   #159
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolucion View Post
Perhaps IMSA rates on different grounds?
The 2012 (sorry couldn't find any other) looks like this - and pretty familiar to WEC and GT3 rating criteria.
But I guess the is some room for the officials to 'overrule' a rating...

Quote:
Anyway. Platinum-Bronze or Gold-Silver for Pro-Am would mean a pairing like Proczyk (Silver) and Bleekemolen (Platinum) is destined for Pro Cup, rather than Pro-Am.
I was aware of that because I feared that noone would show up (or better: classify) for PRO-AM. It's either PRO (including Prozyk/Bleekemolen) or Silver Cup in most of the cases.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3378147)   #160
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
But I guess the is some room for the officials to 'overrule' a rating...
Of course there is (see last chapter):
http://speedville.com/grand-am-driver-ranking/

No first hand source but for the moment I deem it sufficient.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3378165)   #161
revolucion
Rookie

Sweden
Quote:
Of course there is (see last chapter):
http://speedville.com/grand-am-driver-ranking/

No first hand source but for the moment I deem it sufficient.
Interesting. I agree. Seems very familiar to WEC and GT3 ratings.

If SRO find Latif just plain too fast for a bronze, or even silver, ranking, he could (and probably should) be rated gold (even though his racing CV definitely doesn't warrant it). Anyway, first of all we'll have to hope for Phoenix to enter cars at all.

I have to say I quite miss involvement from Ferrari(-teams). AF Corse enters a cluster of cars in almost every GT3 series besides Blancpain Sprint. Of course, a lot of AF Corse and Kessels involvement these days seems based around Gentlemen Drivers. It's too bad, as there's a lot of talented drivers in the Ferrari ranks.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3378182)   #162
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Interesting.
I have to say I quite miss involvement from Ferrari(-teams) [...] It's too bad, as there's a lot of talented drivers in the Ferrari ranks.
The only Champioship they invest money into, seems to be WEC. Everything else is funded by drivers, sponsors etc. Which is a shame because I like to see Ferrari 458s in the BSS, too. Lots of good drivers for PRO-AM pairings

But I guess Gentlemen don't want to get roflstomped by PROs in short races on tracks that none of their friends know...
Old 13 Mar 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3378195)   #163
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Interesting. I agree. Seems very familiar to WEC and GT3 ratings.

If SRO find Latif just plain too fast for a bronze, or even silver, ranking, he could (and probably should) be rated gold (even though his racing CV definitely doesn't warrant it).
That's where I completely disagree and think there's a fundamental problem with the rankings. Young drivers starting out gold will simply drive them out of the sport.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3378217)   #164
revolucion
Rookie

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That's where I completely disagree and think there's a fundamental problem with the rankings. Young drivers starting out gold will simply drive them out of the sport.
Not saying Latif deserves a gold ranking either. In principle I totally agree that there's a problem with young drivers that recieves a "too high" ranking to begin with. Two steps up from what their CV speaks for is too much.

If he's rated gold in SRO GT3 I would be very much surprised. Especially seeing drivers as Afanasiev, Simonsen, Demoustier and Day all ranked as silver. There are differences between IMSA and SRO GT3 rankings, and for all I know Latif could be ranked as bronze.

All I'm saying is that it's probably not fair to grade only based on CV. Especially for drivers that young that hasn't had the possibility to showcase their skills on an international level.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3380560)   #165
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
All I'm saying is that it's probably not fair to grade only based on CV. Especially for drivers that young that hasn't had the possibility to showcase their skills on an international level.
I can agree with that and your exemples for silver drivers were good. But I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt (i.e. the lower arting). They still can be ranked higher in the following season...
Old 21 Mar 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3382721)   #166
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.phoenix-racing.de/en/news...-sprint-series

Phoenix to field two cars in the BSS.

Basseng/Latif
and
Winkelhock/Mayr-Melnhof
Old 21 Mar 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3382796)   #167
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Urgh, real shame not to see those cars in the BES. Good to see they're going, but wish they'd chosen the other series. Hope they can at least rustle together an entry for Spa.
Old 22 Mar 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3382851)   #168
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Like that Camouflage livery for PNX:

Good to see Basseng everywhere.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3383249)   #169
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Urgh, real shame not to see those cars in the BES. Good to see they're going, but wish they'd chosen the other series. Hope they can at least rustle together an entry for Spa.
I'm actually pleased to see BSS only entries - but that's just my opnion. We might get used to see some Audis on the podium this season (or All-Audi-Podiums)... they are commited!
Old 23 Mar 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3383254)   #170
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Very nice colour scheme actually, yes; although the series might be lacking in much colour at the frint end with HTP, WRT and Pheonix having predominantly greyscale liveries!

Basseng/Latif is a very strong lineup that should take it to the top cars, Mayr-Melnhof can be fast but wildly inconsistent.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3384030)   #171
IndyMeister
Racer

I was surprised that the R8 "sponsored" car is running blue highlights and the Mayr-Melnhof car the red ones... but the digi camo in black, grey and white looks refreshing.

No Seyffarth, no colours

Zolder 2013
Old 25 Mar 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3384040)   #172
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
According to EI, Bruno Senna could be doing some rounds for BMW Brazil. With him, Bueno and Piquet on board, there could be some seriously quick lineups there.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3384067)   #173
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So what is the entrylist likely to be for the sprint series? I'm thinking about going to the Brands round so hopefully there will be plenty of cars - I've been trying to keep track of who's in and it seems to be a fairly thin grid at the moment (unless I've missed a load).
Old 25 Mar 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3384082)   #174
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So what is the entrylist likely to be for the sprint series? I'm thinking about going to the Brands round so hopefully there will be plenty of cars - I've been trying to keep track of who's in and it seems to be a fairly thin grid at the moment (unless I've missed a load).
This is what we know (without AH Team Brasil ):
Old 25 Mar 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3384087)   #175
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This is what we know (without AH Team Brasil ):
Thanks for that that's not a bad looking entry is it? A reasonable mix of cars in there too - no Porsche, Ferrari or Aston Martin though.