Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:34 (Ref:626720)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards Penalties - Barbagallo

Stewards penalties imposed at the V8 Supercar Championship Series, Round Five, Barbagallo Raceway, 6-8 June 2003

SATURDAY 7 JUNE 2003

Car #75, Anthony Tratt, was found to be in breach of the Rules in that he failed to attend the Driver's Briefing. A penalty of $500 was imposed.

An inquiry was held into the alleged breach of Rules by car #888, John Bowe, in that he failed to observe a red flag in practice session 1. It was found that there was inadequate evidence to support a breach of the Rules.

An inquiry was held into the incident of car #16, Paul Weel, depositing oil on track in qualifying session 2. No evidence of a breach of any Rule was found.

An inquiry was held into the alleged breach of Rules by car #50, Jason Bright, in that he passed car #6, Craig Lowndes, under yellow flag conditions in practice session 2. It was found that there was inadequate evidence to support a breach of the rules.

An inquiry was held into the alleged breach of Rules by car #23, Tony Noske Racing, in that the engine ECU of car #23 was found to exceed the permitted ignition timing at the end of the Top Ten qualifying. Breach was proved by admission. No penalty was applied but a warning was issued.

Car #45, Team Dynamik, was found to be in breach of Rules in that car #45 was released from its pit bay in an unsafe condition and then lost a front wheel in the fast lane, temporarily disabling car #45 in the fast lane of pit lane. A penalty of $5,000 was imposed.

SUNDAY 8 JUNE 2003

Car #6, Craig Lowndes, was found to be in breach of Rules, careless driving, in regard to an incident between car #6 and car #44, Simon Wills, during Race 2. A penalty was imposed, with car #6 relegated to the rear of the starting grid for Race 3.

An inquiry was held into an incident between car #29, Paul Morris, and car #33, Jamie Whincup, during Race 2. The contact between the two was considered to be a racing incident.

An inquiry was held into an incident between car #4, Marcos Ambrose, and car #00, Rodney Forbes, during Race 3. There was inadequate evidence to support a breach of the Rules by either driver.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 06:22 (Ref:626733)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does a lack of evidence mean that everyone had their eyes shut???

No word on the 3 minute session they had at Winton and shouldnt ?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Jun 2003, 06:40 (Ref:626742)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

I have had a few people ask me about the 'timing anomoly' at Winton - when I finished working there one of the reasons given was because'of timing problems I had' - well I hadn't had any that couldn't be attributed to circuit hardware and then, of course, this happens.....hmmmmm who will they blame this time?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 07:06 (Ref:626758)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blame Tony Cochrane, everyone else does, and since the sun doesnt rise and set without him, the sundial on the circuit may have required calibration
Old 10 Jun 2003, 07:35 (Ref:626776)   #5
RaceTime
Veteran

What did make me laught was that apparently the AVESCO equipment failed (!!!) and I had received numerous emails asking why no times - when I received an official reply, I put that on the main RaceTime web site doing, as the email asked, to direct enquiries to Winton. I then heard later that Winton *****ed about me putting their (publically available) contact number of the site!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 00:08 (Ref:627711)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
That was the modem problem wasnt it? It still amazes me that of all the excuses in the book, this was the one they chose to use

You seem to be winning a few friends there too RaceTime...
Old 11 Jun 2003, 01:44 (Ref:627755)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

No - there were, I believe, two problems on the day.

One was the modem problem which stopped the times being made available outside until about 5pm Friday evening (they had to get a spare from Sydney of all places...)

The second was the stopping of the session earlier - for whatever reason the timing software or operators stuffed up...

Want to email me with what you know about my 'new found friends'? They won;t talk to me.....

Last edited by RaceTime; 11 Jun 2003 at 01:47.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 02:00 (Ref:627762)   #8
RaceTime
Veteran

Also forgot - AVESCO must have been sufficiently 'concerned' about the failure as they took Natosft's Craig Wilson to Perth to 'ensure all problems have been resolved'.

Craig doesn't particularly want to go to interstate meetings any more (he is from Tasmania) so there must have been a real concern for them
Old 11 Jun 2003, 09:21 (Ref:627976)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime, couldn't they just take a spare modem with them.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 09:39 (Ref:627992)   #10
RaceTime
Veteran

<cough cough> That's what I asked - the answer - silence!

IMHO Every race track should have a spare of anything they use that can go wrong and cause disruption to the meeting. I know, from my own perspective, that I carry my own DATA-1 system with me to EVERY race meeting we time - if the track supplied unit fails for any reason, we have a known good working system ready to slot straight in.

AVESCO, with the money they are making, has absolutely no reason they couldn't have made contingency plans for this evtuality...
Old 11 Jun 2003, 10:03 (Ref:628027)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Arguably racing teams should too RaceTime but some never learn
Old 11 Jun 2003, 10:28 (Ref:628059)   #12
RaceTime
Veteran

Hehe - let's not go there shall we?