Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 Aug 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1987016)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
the mygale thing is odd - guerrieri does the most outstanding first few laps (more so than devaney). sometimes it sticks, sometimes it doesn't, and when it doesn't it comes spectacularly unstuck. which is a complete shame, regardless of why.

asmer's doing a very good job, he won today's races pretty convincingly and that's really been why he's ahead - when he's on form, he's very good, and when he isn't on form, he always ends up picking up the points.
Very good summary on all counts - you're obviously feeling less sleepy than me!

I don't know why, but I have a recollection that the Mygale problem may have something to do with brakes. It would fit with what you're saying.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 22:13 (Ref:1987106)   #27
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mygale uses Performance friction brakes, which all front running Euroseries teams use, and some front running Brit F3 (Fortec, Double R etc) (Carlin and Hitech use Brembo).

So braking shuld not be a problem, unless there really low mounting position is making there bleeding less thorough, or theyve got some dodgy pad choice.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1987116)   #28
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I spent Saturday at Becketts and today at Abbey. All I can say was Asmer was inch perfect at both every time. Never hit a kerb harder than necessary, tidy smoth and fast. I think everyone else had at least one dodgy moment. a few seemed to like it that way...
Old 13 Aug 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1987400)   #29
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you weren't flagging were you....?
Old 15 Aug 2007, 10:51 (Ref:1989450)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Alex Waters missed Silverstone for medical reasons and now it seems he is out for the rest of the season, which is a shame. Story here.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 09:07 (Ref:1990065)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes that is a tough break for the guy who has shown great courage and spirit and proven himself to be a pretty useful driver to boot.

Hope he makes swift recovery and can get back in the cockpit as soon as possible to continue his good work in and out of the car.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1990813)   #32
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Hours
Hey guys. Im from Australia, and am currently living here in the UK. I would love to come out and attend this meeting and as I have just arrived and dont have a car yet, how can i get to the circuit? I have looked for buses and trains etc but nothing seems to be near the circuit? Any help would be appreciated. cheers
Just seen your post - sorry this info is a bit late now!

However, for future reference...

Nearest train station to Silverstone is Wolverton in Milton Keynes which is direct from Euston, takes about 45-50 minutes. From there you'll have to get a taxi (about 9 miles) as there are no direct buses. Taxi should cost I'd guess about £15 each way.

Hope this helps.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1990911)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it? i'd have thought banbury or northampton were closer, they're a 20 minute drive, but the train is marginally longer. from northampton there is a regular bus to silverstone village, but i don't think that's the case on sunday. which is really useful!
Old 19 Aug 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1991987)   #34
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You tube, schmootube......seen it, seen it, seen it....Bangers & Smash?....seen it, seen it.....
Old 26 Aug 2007, 11:05 (Ref:1996724)   #35
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better late than never.

I just saw the Silverstone rounds this morning on Motors TV (recorded from yesterday), it looks like Gonzalo had a pretty dire weekend at Silverstone. I don't think I've ever seen him so erratic and impetious. What on earth was going on with him?

Greg Mansell showed some good pace as did Devaney in the Mygale. The front end of that chassis is slowly growing on me, I like the sharp lines better than the rounded nose on the Dallara. . If only the car would be more consistent as the race progressed...

I thought Sam Bird was a bit anonymous I was expecting him to be at the sharp end challenging strongly.

Last edited by cg7aa; 26 Aug 2007 at 11:09.