Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:18 (Ref:701652)   #1
dddlc
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
dddlc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castrol Perkins/Supercheap Promo on Foxtel

Just saw promo (Action Dad ?) on Foxtel (TV1) that had Richo Jr in Castrol Perkins livery with heaps of Supercheap signage in the background. Any ideas on the tie up between these 2 operations ?. Is there something larger going on here or am I reading too much into this.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:30 (Ref:701671)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Castrol is a major sponsor of Steven Ellery's Falcon....

...and SuperCheap is rumoured to have shifted to DJR for 2004...

... while LP was trying to get Murf into a SuperCheap Commodore for 2004 alongside Richo, but this option died
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:44 (Ref:701688)   #3
dddlc
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
dddlc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is this a last desperate attempt by Castrol or LP to convince them they should put their $$'s into a 3rd CPR entry. If the Supercheap/DJR thing is true, why would they allow the promo for another team/car maker to go to air. In any case, you would also think that Ellery would more suitable.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:50 (Ref:701695)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ellery has appeared in a few ads for SuperCheap, the one where he is snoring in the car while the crew bugga off to a SuperCheap store is probably his best work

LP offered SuperCheap the Murf carrot, as they are opening in NZ, and it was thought that there was a benefit in having the #1 Kiwi driver in the series in a SuperCheap painted car. I think the Castrol supply deal gave SuperCheap so much access to CPR as well, even though there was no signage on those cars.

In the end, it seems to have come to nought.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 10:42 (Ref:703925)   #5
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks to me like Ellery and his licence are bound for DJR in '04

and

Super Cheap are Perkins Motorsport bound for '04 to make 2 Castrol Cars and a third Commodore in Super Cheap colours.

(DJ may do a trade off with SBR- Ellery's licence so SBR can run Winterbottom, in exchange for a data sharing scenario, meaning Ellery slips nicely into #18)

Long Story short - CPR = 3car team, SBR = 3car team, DJR = 2car team (Max out, Ellery in).
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 31 Aug 2003, 23:11 (Ref:704358)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But what can you take from an ad? Remember a couple of years ago when Larry was in supercheap ads giving away cars. I suppose if we were to jump to conclusions based on TV ads, we should have seen a Supercheap CPR car last year
Old 1 Sep 2003, 07:12 (Ref:704508)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Does Paul Dumbrell's new deal with Autobarn impact this at all?? Or suggest something for the future?

http://www.sportal.com.au/v8x.asp?i=news&id=42338
Old 1 Sep 2003, 09:27 (Ref:704628)   #8
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember 2 years ago talking a flaggie at bathurst during the shootout (i think it was) , and ellery was coming up the mountain ,the flaggie moved behind a tree next to us, i asked why , it was because of ellery and some f words to complement his driving ability ._uck i did laugh at that statement thou
Old 1 Sep 2003, 11:42 (Ref:704727)   #9
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Larry ?? & Richo (hope this works)

click here

Last edited by vortexo; 1 Sep 2003 at 11:45.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 22:48 (Ref:705176)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
That doll thing in the background has too much hair to be LP
Old 1 Sep 2003, 23:04 (Ref:705184)   #11
harderfaster
Rookie

harderfaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Superdad puppet is a charactiture of Supercheap MD Bob Thorn.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 23:26 (Ref:705199)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Needs some work.....