Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 May 2008, 12:01 (Ref:2210350)   #1
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rounds 7&8 British F3 Rockingham

Ok, It's time for the Rock, provided some great action last year to end the season, Lets hope for another cracking Bank holiday weekend of racing.

Preview as ever at www.fota.co.uk

Live timing back @ www.tsl-timing.com

Can Sergio Perez continue his amazing recent form and extend his championship lead?

Will Andy Meyrick put Monza behind him to whitewash the national class again ?
Old 24 May 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2210351)   #2
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Just noticed in morning test no Esteban Guerrieri with Ali Jackson racing under his number 11 - Jackson switched from Double R to Ultimate?
Old 24 May 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2210457)   #3
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks that way, doesn't it?
Old 24 May 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2210467)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab-aracer
Just noticed in morning test no Esteban Guerrieri with Ali Jackson racing under his number 11 - Jackson switched from Double R to Ultimate?
Very observant! Esteban is driver coaching this weekend.

The second free practice session just started.
Old 24 May 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2210673)   #5
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very strange, considering the superb results Guerrieri did on last British F3 rounds at Monza.
Old 25 May 2008, 11:01 (Ref:2211140)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Well, if I had to make a guess, I'd think Esteban might be due for promotion... He's definitely a quality driver.

First qualifying has just started and it's totally wet, which makes yesterday's dry practice sessions a bit of a waste of time.
Old 25 May 2008, 12:01 (Ref:2211189)   #7
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Be a loss for BF3 if this is the case, Esteban has put the Mygale on the map this year. Didn't I read a hunch in another thread Strider that he could be on his way to WSR ?

Back to qualifying - Chilton on pole for race 1 ahead of Mustonen, row 2 Alguersuari and Abay row 3 Hohenthal and Grubmuller with Perez back in 11th
Old 25 May 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2211723)   #8
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both qualifying reports are up on the Series website here

Hope tomorrow is a lot drier. After the weather at Monza and now today at, we need some sunshine!
Old 26 May 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2212055)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Race 1 is about to start. At the moment it's dry but very windy and cheerful souls look at their trick weather gear and say it's going to rain later...
Old 26 May 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2212056)   #10
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Edit: Wannab has a link up there already, sorry about that.

http://www.sportsync.net/sportsyncac...mingBF3GT.html

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 26 May 2008 at 10:40.
Old 26 May 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2212070)   #11
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Atta' boy Marcus.
Old 26 May 2008, 11:06 (Ref:2212074)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Atta' boy Atte!
Old 26 May 2008, 11:09 (Ref:2212078)   #13
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
LOL Strider. I thought you were just kidding about the avatar thing.

I'm guessing it started to rain towards the end there.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 26 May 2008 at 11:16.
Old 26 May 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2212220)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Yes, it did. The lap times dropped by about 20 seconds.

Race 2 will be starting soon. It's wet this time, but looks as though it might dry out as the race progresses, so more headaches for the race engineers.

It was good to see Mustonen get his first win of the season. He drove very well and Ericsson was more at home in the wetter conditions than Alguersuari.

I'm not sure how long the avatar will last, but if Bruno keeps winning...
Old 26 May 2008, 23:29 (Ref:2212639)   #15
Brock_05
Rookie

Brock_05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, the lad Chilton is remarkably consistent for one so young, isn't he? Well worth keeping an eye on his progress.
Old 27 May 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2213238)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Max has certainly improved enormously over the last twelve months and has emerged as the quicker of the two Hitech drivers. If he does win a race fairly soon, I think that will make him the youngest-ever winner in BF3. At present that record is held by either Nelsinho Piquet or Elton Julian.

Coming so soon after a wet Monza, Rockingham was a fairly miserable affair. More rain, with a biting wind to make it worse.

The good news is that there were two more different race winners this year and, with Perez having an off weekend, both Mustonen and Alguersuari have closed up the points chase.

Andy Meyrick had another pair of dominant wins in the National Class and looks unstoppable, except when he slips up, as at Monza.

Almost unbelievably, the teams are out again tomorrow at Thruxton in what is officially the pre-race test. The noise restrictions at Thruxton mean that they cannot test on the day before the race meeting at the end of June, which is a major inconvenience.
Old 27 May 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2213286)   #17
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
2 pre season favourites finally become race winners this weekend which spices up the hunt nicely again. Atte after some solid but unspectacular performances will be glad to get the first win under his belt this season. Fairplay to Seb aswell, puts him back in with a shout after a mixed start to the season.

Looking to next season, if Andy Meyrick stays in BF3 and moves up in class has to be a favourite. He is consistantly mixing it with the international boys and impressing with every outing - (Monza apart)

Chilton has fantastic qualifying pace and I'm sure with more experience it won't be long until he transfers this pace into race winning results.

In effect three meetings within 10 days. Having to go to Thruxton after Rockingham and coming back from Italy - Surely the calender could have been prepared with a little more thought of the logistics in mind.

Nb- Bruno didn't last long then Strider
Old 27 May 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2213291)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab-aracer
Nb- Bruno didn't last long then Strider
No, not that long, but the one I've put up now is probably more controversial after Monaco! I hope Bruno will be back soon...
Old 27 May 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2213308)   #19
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
No, not that long, but the one I've put up now is probably more controversial after Monaco! I hope Bruno will be back soon...
Lol, I'm thinking of a team with roots in India that would like to give you a smack on the nose !
Old 27 May 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2213481)   #20
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone get pictures of the F3 races

And did anyone see the closeness of several F3s to the stalled car on the grid at the end of Lap 1

If you did see the starts i was the marshal at the back of the grid with the green flag, who had the walk back via the main pit entry
Old 27 May 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2213516)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
Did anyone get pictures of the F3 races

And did anyone see the closeness of several F3s to the stalled car on the grid at the end of Lap 1

If you did see the starts i was the marshal at the back of the grid with the green flag, who had the walk back via the main pit entry
I'm sure there are plenty of photos about, mattt. You could look here for a start.

Yes, I did see how close some of the other cars were to the stalled car at the end of lap 1 and my heart was in my mouth. It was Henry Arundel's car and it was right on the racing line. The Safety Car had been scrambled immediately, but it doesn't pick up the leaders until they have done a complete lap.
Old 28 May 2008, 02:06 (Ref:2213599)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aussie boys had a quiet weekend though Sam Abay started 4th in race 1... John Martin better lift or he will be racing in Oz in 09 & drives are hard to find down here aswell...

Points after 8 rounds...

1. Sergio Perez - 88
2. Atte Mustonen - 78
3. Jaime Alguersuari - 71
4. Sebastian Hohenthal - 58
5. Oliver Turvey - 57
6. Marcus Ericsson - 54
7. Max Chilton - 50
8. Brendon Hartley - 50
9. Esteban Guerrieri - 43
10. Michael Devaney - 23

13. John Martin - 14