Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2223945)   #26
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-SIX
The fact that he is so inexperienced IS the reason why he shouldn't have got the award. He was no where near the fastest on the day of the evaluations, and giving him the award just put everyones attention on him when he should be learning under the radar.
Whilst Wilson may not have been the quickest driver in the evaluation tests, other criteria are also taken into account such as feedback, consistency and driver interviews. Therefore, the testing times do not provide the full information on which the decision is based.

However, regardless of the above, Stefan Wilson's performances at his Snetterton did seem to suggest that he is getting to grips with a Formula 3 car and hopefully he'll be able to carry that form for the rest of the season.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2224026)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Guys any idea on what happened to the SLC car? They retired both times as I can see on the results.
The car duly appeared and looked very smart. It has had to be modified to take the Mugen-Honda engine/Hewland gearbox combination, but the installation looks to have been very well done, as I'm able to judge these things. I found a photo here.

Unfortunately, the car had literally not turned a wheel until the Friday practice sessions, which were wet. The car was running at the tail of the field, but not really far away from the pace. It was even wetter for qualifying and Callum MacLeod was 26th and 27th out of 27 in the two sessions. I think they were handicapped by a nearly flat battery, which seems to be a one-off item.

Race day was dry and sunny, which meant starting from scratch again. Callum was 22nd and last in Race 1, and retired from Race 2 after 18 laps, possibly due to the battery finally giving up the ghost.

It doesn't sound that great on paper, but the given the circumstances I thought they did very well and respect to the team for being prepared to jump in at the deep end. I know several people were very impressed.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2224041)   #28
Zymurgy661
Rookie

Zymurgy661 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Race day was dry and sunny, which meant starting from scratch again. Callum was 22nd and last in Race 1, and retired from Race 2 after 18 laps, possibly due to the battery finally giving up the ghost
I believe the reason for retiring from the second race was due to steering problems. The car was indeed very tidy and it sounds like alot of effort went into it especially with the chap not having driven it until friday.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2224450)   #29
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys
Old 10 Jun 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2224590)   #30
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael Devaney comes from nowhere to score 2 race wins - this championship has opened right up now...
Old 11 Jun 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2225512)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes looks very good doesn't it.

I've got to get to a few rounds soon, certainly Silverstone in August anyway.

Whilst Alguersuari and Perez have undoubtedly been impressive to be at the front of the points race, Mustonen is quietly racking up the points, I don't think we've seen the best of him yet either......

Maybe Devaney is now the form man too?
Old 11 Jun 2008, 11:17 (Ref:2225638)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Whilst Alguersuari and Perez have undoubtedly been impressive to be at the front of the points race, Mustonen is quietly racking up the points, I don't think we've seen the best of him yet either......
I agree. I know I'm slightly biased, but I've been very impressed by Atte this year. The car is obviously not to his liking yet, but he can drive around the problem in the wet and has actually finished and scored points in every race, except the first one at Monza, where he was taken out by Seb Hohenthal.

This thing could go down to the wire.