Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Mar 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3373618)   #501
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Setting it up now.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3373632)   #502
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for doing that Victor
Old 1 Mar 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3373700)   #503
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I'll be making the trip down this year, either going for the whole week providing I can get the time off. If not, I'll be driving down on Friday after work and driving back on Sunday. Fingers crossed that Toyota will be on the top step of the podium come Sunday afternoon.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3374012)   #504
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
As ever, I'll be marshalling out at poste 106. Portsmouth-Caen ferry booked for the Sunday afternoon, return the Monday morning after the race.

AND this year I'll have an electric mobility scooter with me, so I will be visiting pitlane and the paddocks when off duty!
Old 2 Mar 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3374023)   #505
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well in which case you may well come across the rest of us where we can blame you for all the yellow flags and safty cars in the past 20 years, onlt joking steve it will be good to meet you, perhaps on Friday
Old 2 Mar 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3374029)   #506
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well in which case you may well come across the rest of us where we can blame you for all the yellow flags and safty cars in the past 20 years, onlt joking steve it will be good to meet you, perhaps on Friday
You never know .........!
Old 9 Mar 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3376609)   #507
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just found out Im going this year , only for 4 days though .

It will be my 20th ..... Andy & James ..... git dem beers ready ..... woo hooooooo
Old 9 Mar 2014, 02:45 (Ref:3376612)   #508
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And I now know I will be there as well -- time off approved, flights booked and getting excited! This will be a big anniversary for our chef de poste and his family, who have been running poste 61 since the race began. Yes, I mean that. One family. As I understand it, this is the only poste on the whole track that has been passed down in a single family.

I have been at 61 long enough to remember three different members of the family as chef de poste. I feel honoured to be part of the story.
keke
Old 9 Mar 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3376774)   #509
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
And I now know I will be there as well -- time off approved, flights booked and getting excited! This will be a big anniversary for our chef de poste and his family, who have been running poste 61 since the race began. Yes, I mean that. One family. As I understand it, this is the only poste on the whole track that has been passed down in a single family.

I have been at 61 long enough to remember three different members of the family as chef de poste. I feel honoured to be part of the story.
keke
Thats pretty incredible. This is the stuff where the ACO should make a bigger deal about. Make a small documentary or something about this. Things like this set le mans apart from the formula 1 world IMHO.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3376964)   #510
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely right.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3376980)   #511
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Looks like I'll be making the trip down this year, either going for the whole week providing I can get the time off. If not, I'll be driving down on Friday after work and driving back on Sunday. Fingers crossed that Toyota will be on the top step of the podium come Sunday afternoon.
perhaps do some "Anyone But Audi" T-shirts...?
Old 11 Mar 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3377280)   #512
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

It will be my 20th ..... Andy & James ..... git dem beers ready ..... woo hooooooo
Looking forward to meet you at the meeting Badger!
Old 11 Mar 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3377346)   #513
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Great news Mr B!

Dem beers are ready mate...
Click image for larger version

Name:	LemonyCricket2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	42139
Old 11 Mar 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3377535)   #514
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think there should be a space between the 'Bad' and the 'Ger' myself......
Old 11 Mar 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3377546)   #515
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It's not a bad tasting beer, could just fancy a couple of pints of drought badger at the moment
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3377732)   #516
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drought beer?

For use in times of little rain.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3377859)   #517
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
you can not expect good spelling when i am thinking of beer
Old 12 Mar 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3377881)   #518
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Good news there Badger! You have to be there, with such a strong Porsche 911 showing.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3378292)   #519
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
you can not expect good spelling when i am thinking of beer
I assume your spelling is troublesome most of the time then Simon........
Old 13 Mar 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3378370)   #520
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I assume your spelling is troublesome most of the time then Simon........
That is why I spent my career working with numbers, beer seems to have no effect on my ability to get them in the right order
Old 13 Mar 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3378381)   #521
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough!
Old 17 Mar 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3381033)   #522
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Train tickets booked. We will disembark in Le Mans on June 8 around 3 pm.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3381135)   #523
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Blimey Victor you are getting there early, hope the campsites are open and ready for you
Old 17 Mar 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3381144)   #524
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Blimey Victor you are getting there early, hope the campsites are open and ready for you
The campsites are open on scruteneering sunday 12:00
I leave home sundaymorning at 6am and will arrive +- 14:00-15:00, just in time for scruteneering.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3381145)   #525
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes but most of the sites may lack facilities that early