Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2004, 04:58 (Ref:899006)   #101
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AussieV8
Sorry can't add up..... :confused:
Thanks for that AussieV8

And now some semi-useless info on driver popularity:

7 Teams
Ambrose
Ingall
J.Richards
Winterbottom
Lowndes
Murphy
Skaife
Wills
Bargwanna
Brede
Ellery
R.Kelly
T.Kelly
Morris
Radisich
Bright
Thexton
Tratt
Johnson
McConville
Noske
Baird
Bowe
Jones
Longhurst
Luff
Seton
Tander
Wilson
Besnard
Dumbrell
S.Richards
Weel

Well I knew the SBR boys were popular...
Old 9 Mar 2004, 13:36 (Ref:899435)   #102
F|sh
Racer

F|sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FMS press release.

John bowe released an angry response to claims from a internet furom that he is an unlike driver styating"i am the best in the Australia and i have to dela with these **** rumors and statistics, these furoms should be closed down" team owner F|sh says he just upset that someone stole his winnies on the ride to canning Vale industrial area for late night tersting that was broken up by the local police after claims of burnouts and drag racing.
Old 9 Mar 2004, 23:08 (Ref:900154)   #103
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*** LUMPY BUM RACING Press Release ***

Drivers, and Sponsors, all good and sticky.

Its with great pleasure that after negotiations with several companies, LUMPY BUM RACING team manager Matt H announces Anusol as its new major sponsor along with Pringles. Also, leading dairy company Bulla, have signed for the year as a minor sponsor with "Bulla Whipped Cream" signage to be placed upon the team cars.

Anusol CEO Hugh Jass explains, "Its a major part of our corporate strategy to increase our exposure of our rectal cream product. We looked at a few options which may have served our purpose, including personally sponsoring Mark Skaife, but we finally decided with LUMPY BUM RACING as it would be a win-wion situation for both entities, and also we beleive that the 3 drivers in the team will be able to maximise our sales output."

Bulla market director Mr Whippy."Whipped cream on a race car, why not??"

Matt H also last night was able to sign Garth Tander to LUMPY BUM RACING after his strong performance whilst driving the Mr Whippy van round Albrt Park last weekend. Garth will don the #22 in a homage to great cricketing commentator, Ritchie Benaud.

Garth, "The double chocolate with nuts in a waffle cone is my favourite."

Matt H, "Bring on Adelaide, if its hot, the van should be going off."
Old 10 Mar 2004, 00:07 (Ref:900245)   #104
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a little odd that nobody has chosen Steven Richards, he finished in the top of the championship and is a consistent driver. Very surprising.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 06:55 (Ref:900458)   #105
AussieTeddie
Rookie

AussieTeddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: Teddie Motorsports
Sponsors: Aussie Transporters and Bare Brakes
Drivers:
#69 Marcos Ambrose
#96 Mark Winterbottom
Manufacture: Ford
Old 10 Mar 2004, 07:10 (Ref:900473)   #106
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
expect an announcement soon regarding my team , with all this extra money that I have all of a sudden I have drunk myself into a coma and soon as I wake from it I will announce my team
Old 11 Mar 2004, 09:50 (Ref:901737)   #107
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Name: PINNACLE MOTORSPORT

Drivers:
#98 GREG MURPHY
#99 SIMON WILLS

Manufacturer: HOLDEN

SPONSORS : #98 AS OF YET NO MAJOR SPONSOR
ASSOCIATED SPONSORS INCLUDE VALVOLINE, BENSON AND HEDGES AND MASTERCARD.

# 99 NAMING RIGHTS SPONSOR IS YELLOW PAGES WITH ASSOCIATED SPONSORSHIP FROM MASTERCARD.

PRESS RELEASE:

Pinnacle Motorsport and proud to announce the formation of a brand new V8 supercar team set to dominate the 2004 Ten Tenths fantasy competition.
The team have aquired the services of Greg Murphy and Simon Wills to compete for them this year and are looking forward to running them in two brand new VY Commodores.

The team has been prepared late and as of yet not alot of Sponsorship has come on board but they are hopefully of securing more funding as the season goes on.

The team will also run two seperate liveries this year , allthough very similar you will be easilly be able to tell them apart.

We look forward to a good 2004.
Attached Thumbnails
murphy.jpg  
Old 11 Mar 2004, 09:52 (Ref:901742)   #108
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
We would also like to give credit to the Virgin racing team from whom we stole the outline of our cars from
Attached Thumbnails
wills.jpg  
Old 12 Mar 2004, 01:13 (Ref:902630)   #109
Mike Hunt
Rookie

Mike Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EMBARGO-11.30am 12/03/04.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE.

One of V8 Supercars most well known and self proclaimed legends, Dick Scrout, today announced the formation of one of the most satisfying V8 Teams ever. To be known as TART Racing(Toyato Australia Racing Team) will see Japan's newest manufacturer 1st foray into Aussie V8's.

Dick, who was joined by Toyato CEO Nippon Slippon, anounced the new Team at a glittering reception held at the Long Dong Silver establishment for gentlemen.
"I'm here today to announce not only the errection of this very formidable Team but also to welcome our two new drivers and sponsors".
TART Marketing Manager, Bambi Full, took to centre stage with Russell Ingall and Rick Kelly.
"I'm so excited to have both Russell and Rick driving for us" said Bambi, "and to be working under the lengendry Dick is a dream come true.
"After seeing Russell and Rick racing against each other at the GP last week and knowing the close friendship they have with each other, I made it my sole mission to sign both drivers this week. It was hard, but in the end niether driver could resist what I was offering" said Bambi.

Two major sponsors were announced, being Hardon Condoms and Y-K Jelly. "The synergy between these two fantastic Companies was to good to be true and I can assure all of our supporters that I personally use a lot of these Companies products" said Bambi.

Dick said that he and Bambi have been working around the clock to put this deal to bed. TART have secured an old Brothel for the teams HQ and will renovate some of the old rooms for supporters and sponsors to stay over.
The two Toyato Camerars have arrived from Japan where they were factory built to TEGA requirements.

TC was also at the launch and was impressed by the surroundings. "This is f----- great news for V8 Supercars which is now the most viewd sport in the entire universe. Having Toyato on board is f------ good news. A third manufacturer is needed now that we will be runing events on the Moon next year and hopefully Mars or Youranus in 2006. Anyone who says we don't need another brand is a f----- idiot. ******s out there don't know what thier talking about. We are in the f---- entertainment business and having Rusty in a new Camerar punting every pr--- off the race track will be f----- brilliant" said TC.

With the announcement over, Condoms blown up like balloons started falling on the gathered crowd as 12 scantilly dressed prostitutes entered the room to thunderous applause. The party is expected to carry on into the wee small hours.

FACT SHEET:
Name: TART RACING
SPONSORS: Hardon Condoms and Y-K Jelly
DRIVERS: #69 Russell Ingall
#96 Rick Kelly
Manufacturer: Toyato
CAR: Camerar V8 4 door
Owner/Manager: Dick Scout
Marketing: Bambi Full
www.tart.com.au

Last edited by Mike Hunt; 12 Mar 2004 at 01:22.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 01:38 (Ref:902647)   #110
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Press Release

Team: Temptation Island All Stars
Sponsor: FHM Magazine/Blokesworld
Drivers: Mark Skaife/Cameron Mc Conville
Car: BA Falcon
Grid Girl: Gabrielle Richens
Test Track: Philip Island
Transport Driver: BJ McKay and his best friend Bear
Mechanic: Cooter from Dukes of Hazzrd
Team Manager:Higgins from Magnum PI
Security: The A-Team
Old 12 Mar 2004, 02:26 (Ref:902671)   #111
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
jason7250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team:Red neck
Work Shop Location:Symmons Plains
Sponsor:Jim Beam
Car:VY Commodore
Drivers:16 Garth Tander 61 Simon Wills
Team manager:Bob
Old 15 Mar 2004, 04:33 (Ref:905509)   #112
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
I think if this was real life there would be some very worried grid girls out there!

Still looking for that elusive 50th entry with just a couple of days until the cutoff for Adelaide.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 05:38 (Ref:905526)   #113
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STOP PRESS -- Henry calls for Richo Reinforcement, Odds of Championship win are Even Steven

In an eleventh hour move, Craig Lowndes has left Henry's Heroes for greener pastures. Following one of the Henry's Heroes daily corporate bashes, catered predomoinantly by principal sponsor Victoria Bitter, Craig has terminated his contract, citing irreconcilable beer preferences, seeking employment with a XXXX-sponsored team.

At an impromptu press conference held immediately after the beer ran out, team principal Henry was quoted as saying:" It'sh shahd dat Lowndshey couldn shtay, but ...urp.. ya ged thad. We hadda a yarn wid Shteve Richars an he wans ta havva go, Now wheres that otdog I ordered?"

Lowndes added;"TAXII!"

Richards, always the professional, was on hand as designated driver, and plugged the team sponsors in his first statement as one of Henry's Heroes:
SR:"I'm certainly glad that I've come to Depend on Henry's VB Heroes, as they're a friendly bunch, alway up for Huggies and kissies, and while they're not from Victoria, Bitter they ain't!"

Team Driver Steve Johnson summed up the evening;
"We can win 'em drinkin'
We can win 'em stinkin'
We will win 'em any ol' how....
Unless our motors go 'KAPOW'"

TEAM: Henry's Heroes
SPONSORS: Depend, Huggies, VB
CAR: Ford Falcon BA
DRIVERS: #11 Steven Richards
#17 Steven Johnson
TEST TRACK: Willowbank car park
Old 15 Mar 2004, 06:04 (Ref:905533)   #114
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EMBARGO- 5pm 15/03/04.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE.

It is with much excitement and anticipation that little known engineer Peregrine today announced the formation of Fords newest team, Peregrine Motorsports.

Due to special dispensation by the Australian Federal Government (well the teams abbreviated name is PM !!), Peregrine Motorsports today unveiled their striking Black and Gold JPS BA Falcons. Due to a strategic alliance with SBR the teams cars were constructed under a veil of secrecy at SBR's workshop over the off season.

Associate sponsorship has also been sourced from Ford, Johnnie Walker Black Label,Shell and first time sponsors in motor racing, Goat's House of Ill Repute, who will also provide the grid girls at each event.

In what can only be described as a major coup, Peregrine Motorsports have hired the services of two of V8 Supercars hard chargers in Paul Radisich and Russell Ingall.

Both drivers are quoted as saying that they look forward to the coming season with a budget that should be able to take a few knocks in much the same way that their cars will in their efforts to take the 2004 crown.

A rather jovial Ingall stated that he wants to "smoke the opposition this year !"

FACT SHEET:
Name: Peregrine Motorsport
Sponsors: JPS, Johnnie Walker Black Label,Ford,Shell,Goat's House of Ill Repute
Drivers: #13 Russell Ingall
#31 Paul Radisich
Manufacturer: Ford

Last edited by Peregrine; 15 Mar 2004 at 06:05.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 07:05 (Ref:905555)   #115
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official Press Release – Skase Racing

“Catch us if you can” is the call from new team Skase Racing to the opposition in 2004. Skase Racing, owned by 00 XR8, will field three BA Falcons in the 2004 Fantasy V8Supercar Championship Series. Team leader Russell Ingall will drive the #3 car, New Zealander Simon Wills will drive the #4 car while Anthony Tratt will drive the #5 Falcon. All three cars will race in a striking blue VIP Petfoods livery in 12 of the 13 rounds, with associate sponsorship coming from Bosch Batteries, Ford and Dunlop. However, in Round 12 at Shanghai, the cars will run a speacial Peter Jackson livery.

Name: Skase Racing
Sponsor(s): VIP Petfoods
Drivers:
#3 Russell Ingall
#4 Simon Wills
#5 Anthony Tratt
Manufacturer: FORD

I did make 2 liverys in Photoshop but the size of the photos is too big to post.....
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 08:43 (Ref:905605)   #116
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lego Racers are proud to announce their 2004 V8 Supercar assault.

This year the team expands to a three car outfit which caught their supplier offguard, "Ford didn't have enough BA Falcons ready for round one, but they did have three brand new Fiestas just off the boat from Germany" says team manager Darth Falcon, "So the boys had a few late nights making the small hatch Blueprint ready - we managed to squueze in the V8, and got the thing signed off with a couple of days to go".

"We tested last week and are very impressed with the speed we can get out of the little car. We did notice a few members of other teams pointing and laughing, but we'll see who's laughing at the end of the season" Darth Falcon warned.

The team boasts youth, experience, and race winning know-how;

Jason Bargwanna
Tony Longhurst
Paul Dumbrell

The livery of the three Lego Racing machines will be unveiled shortly.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 08:46 (Ref:905611)   #117
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lego Racers are proud to announce their 2004 V8 Supercar assault.

This year the team expands to a three car outfit which caught their supplier offguard, "Ford didn't have enough BA Falcons ready for round one, but they did have three brand new Fiestas just off the boat from Germany" says team manager Darth Falcon, "So the boys had a few late nights making the small hatch Blueprint ready - we managed to squueze in the V8, and got the thing signed off with a couple of days to go".

"We tested last week and are very impressed with the speed we can get out of the little car. We did notice a few members of other teams pointing and laughing, but we'll see who's laughing at the end of the season" Darth Falcon warned.

The team boasts youth, experience, and race winning know-how;

Name: Lego Racers
Sponsors: Panasonic, Milo
Drivers;

#10 Jason Bargwanna
#20 Tony Longhurst
#30 Paul Dumbrell

The livery of the three Lego Racing machines will be unveiled shortly.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 02:22 (Ref:906598)   #118
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
Official press release "red neck racing"
Red Neck Racings team manager Bob has terminated his contract with the Tasmanian based team stating that he hasnt got enough time to be everywhere for this job .
STOP PRESS
Red Neck Racing is proud to announce that Eddie "everywhere" Maquire has taken up the position of team manager(will never have a problem being every where)bringing on board Sam Newman as PR manager.
These are exicting times for red neck racing stated Eddie at last nights pre Adelaide launch put on by team sponsors ,where the team PR manager was busy interviewing would be Gridgirls uglys and fuglys need not apply he was quoted as saying.No team livery will be unvieled on this site because team head designers dont know how to do that.but we can tell you that we are talking to Avesco and TEGA about running red 308 engines in our cars keeping devolment cost down.

Last edited by jason7250; 16 Mar 2004 at 02:27.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 02:36 (Ref:906604)   #119
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
Official Press Release "red neck Racing"
Today we are proud to announce that our team will run red 308 engines in our teams two VY Commodores.Local Tasmanian engine baron T and K engineering will supply and develop our engines.T and K spokesman Repco Ted said it was the only logical step my partner Sally owns every red motor not in a car.team manager Eddie everywhere followed up by saying these are exicting times for Red Neck Racing.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 04:55 (Ref:906685)   #120
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
Position Vacant with Red Neck Racing
A position has come up for anybody that can that can help launch a livery for this team put applications in bottle and place in Bass Strait

Last edited by jason7250; 16 Mar 2004 at 04:56.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 05:39 (Ref:906700)   #121
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

At the last minute another team has entered the fray for the 2004 championship. As it is so last minute there is stuff all to announce except for the following :

Name: Tracy NZ Racing
Sponsor(s): adidas, vodafone, (and any other sponsors we can steal from non motorsport teams in NZ)
Drivers:
# 1 Greg Murphy
# 11 Craig Baird
Manufacturer: HOLDEN
Old 16 Mar 2004, 07:52 (Ref:906737)   #122
bahodie
Racer

Australia
Dreamworld
bahodie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With as little fanfare we can muster....Team Bahodie is pleased to announce the signing of...

Name: Team Bahodie

Drivers:

Russell Ingall
Rick Kelly

They were wonderful at the Melbourne GP together, let's see what they can do for the rest of the season...
Old 16 Mar 2004, 19:20 (Ref:907385)   #123
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
OK guys and gals, anyone out there looking for the absolute last minute entry has until midnight Oz time to post their team.

Teams: 53
1-Team Ferox Racing Antrodemus Radisich / Noske / J.Richards
2-Virgin Racing Team Dazz T.Kelly / Ingall
2-Team Target pete55 Ingall / R.Kelly
4-Ross' Revhead Racers Ross Cadell Skaife / J.Richards / Brede
4-Woodbine Racing woodbine Ingall / Morris / Brede
6-XXXX Team Qld Racing Mick05 Brede / J.Richards / M.Skaife
8-Skase Racing 00 XR8 Ingall / Wills / Tratt
10-Team Dark Horse FalconEL Winterbottom / Ambrose
11-Rocket Racing rocket Ingall / Ellery
12-Oakley Team MVMotorsport MattV Bright / J.Richards / Brede
13-Team Greencardy greencardy Longhurst / Winterbottom / Wills
15-Archer Racing Archer Bargwanna / Wills / J.Richards
17-Team Bahodie bahodie Ingall / R.Kelly
19-Lego Racers DarthFalcon Bargwanna / Longhurst / Dumbrell
Mitsubishi Arai Racing Arai GP5 Ambrose / Winterbottom
Teddie Motorsports AussieTeddie Ambrose / Winterbottom
Rabbit Racing AussieV8 Bright / McConville
Team Bestfit Autosport bestfit Ambrose / Wills
Bond Motorsport bondy_racing Ambrose / Winterbottom
Wild Card Racing daria Skaife / Ellery
Dingo Motorsport Dingo Radisich / T.Kelly
Quirky Motorsport Dirk Johnson / Skaife
Jetpilot Race Men Docker Ingall / Radisich
Team Ignition dynamik gal Murphy / Wills
Fish Motorsport F|sh Bowe / Ellery
Team XLR8 ford boy Ambrose / Winterbottom
Team Blue Gaz170 Ambrose / Luff
Temptation Island All Stars GROUPA Skaife / McConville
Go The Growler Motorsport Growling Ferret Ambrose / Morris
GTRMagic Racing Emporium GTRMagic Skaife / Seton
Harvey Motorsport Design Harves Jones / Murphy
Henry's Heroes henry S.Richards / Johnson
Team Red Neck jason7250 Tander / Wills
Healthy Eating Auto Racing Team jetsetter Murphy / Wills
Australian Race Engineering Kixx T.Kelly / R.Kelly
Krypto Motorsport krypto71 Bright / McConville
R&R Racing lcfp2297 Ingall / R.Kelly
Kid Racing Lowndesfan6 Lowndes / J.Bargwanna
Pinnacle Motorsport marcus Murphy / S.Wills
Lumpy Bum Racing Matt H Tratt / Thexton
TART Racing Mike Hunt Ingall / R.Kelly
Keen Kar Klub mr keen Ingall / Noske / Tratt
Team Kiwi All Stars nicko Radisich / Baird / J.Richards
Smiley Racing Orrcon King Lowndes / Bargwanna
Peregrine Motorsport Peregrine Ingall / Radisich
Hasbeen Racing pplater TBA
Andrew Denman Racing stmookeyj033 Thexton / Tratt
Blackout Race Team Suddy Tander / R.Kelly
Advantage Racing TBMATT05 Morris / Murphy
Tracy NZ Racing Tracy Murphy / Baird
WOW Racing V8 Superdave Lowndes / Bargwanna
Jetstar Airways Racing Venom XR Lowndes / Wilson
Silver Bullet Racing White Knight Murphy / Winterbottom

Ford 26
Holden 23
Mitsubishi 1
Mazda 1
Toyota 1

** pplater, you need some drivers if you want to score points! **

This is the last call for final checks and alterations and new teams for Adelaide.
Entry will still be accepted after Adelaide, although you won't score points there.

Roll on the weekend!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 02:29 (Ref:907832)   #124
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
Official Press Release "red neck Racing"
Team owner Jason7250 today announced that team manager Eddie Everywhere and PR manager Sam would be released from their contracts today although not stating any reasons he said that they had finished on friendly terms and that Jason7250 would take over both positions.
Also news today from T and K engineering that their red 308 engines were devolping around 680 horse power on their own dyno even running on old Holley carbs. T and K owner Sally Kim was quoted as saying that the engines dont know where they are getting their fuel from at full revs(that ring a bell)but early results appear good we are even looking at progressing to upgraded valve gear called roller rockers.
Team Red Neck Racing(TRNR) would like to welcome on board new sponsors Boags Brewries and Chickenfeed
Old 17 Mar 2004, 02:56 (Ref:907845)   #125
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE 17/3/2004

PETER KCORB ANNOUNCES NEW TEAM - TEAM KCORB!

Multi-millionaire racer, and 9 Times Go-Kart Endurance Champion (EDIT - 10, including 2003's 24 hour race) announced his intentions to once again campaign a V8 Supercar team, in 2004.

TEAM KCORB is yet to announce a sponsor, BUT rumours are abound that on the final hour before the first race, a title sponsor shall be announced (More than likely Quiksilver Surf).

"This is a really exciting time for me. I Hope that my fans will appreciate the work involved and see how we go this year" Stated Kcorb.

Kcorb hopes to have his son, James racing in the team at the endurance events.

"James is a good hand, and should tear up a few places at Bathurst. Might raise a few eyebrows!"

Current driver, Jason Bright and Mark Winterbottom, retained from the previous year, when the team was known as Wall Peel Racing, feel that the team should pick up tremendously with the new infrastructure

STATS AND SPECS - 2004
Name: TEAM KCORB
Sponsor(s): Quiksilver Surf, Holden
Associates : Toyo Tyres, Siemens, United Fuel
Drivers:
#069 Jason Bright
#690 Mark Winterbottom
Manufacturer: Holden
Car : VY Commodore, Holden Motorsport 5L V8.