Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Apr 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2871646)   #251
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Or Lotus .

Its supposed to be the worlds biggest and most famous sportscar race ..... not a test for potential future entries .

I go to watch a race , and with AM and Lotus you wont get one . Others go for other reasons , but I want a race .
Hear Hear!
Old 29 Apr 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2871660)   #252
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I do agree, but new cars have to enter each year, the race can not be allowed to slowly die by only allowing established cars in, le mans has always been about progress,design,advancement and it must remain so.
I loved the old group c cars but time marches on and if they were still racing it would no longer be a modern race, yes some better development on the cars before le mans would have been nice but give them a chance because le mans needs new cars and new development.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2871668)   #253
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I do agree, but new cars have to enter each year, the race can not be allowed to slowly die by only allowing established cars in, le mans has always been about progress,design,advancement and it must remain so.
I loved the old group c cars but time marches on and if they were still racing it would no longer be a modern race, yes some better development on the cars before le mans would have been nice but give them a chance because le mans needs new cars and new development.
yes we all like to see new cars for a change, but not unraced cars and cars without decent testing mileage under their wheels.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2871848)   #254
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Jan Lammers back at le mans! driving the Hybrid LMP1 car with Steve Zacchia

http://www.racexpress.nl/index.php?n...ikel&nid=32435

Last edited by nobster; 29 Apr 2011 at 18:37. Reason: link edited
Old 29 Apr 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2871869)   #255
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2509/du9xploo_gif

Good News !! Look's that the Drivers now are complet for Hope Racing .
Old 29 Apr 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2871877)   #256
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Good news indeed, didn't think he was going to be back at Le mans, never found out why he was away from le Mans.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2871885)   #257
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
The article has some mistakes. It talks about a 2.0 turbo diesel engine, while the Lehmann engine runs on petrol. It also refers to the Porsche 918 RSR as a GT1 study.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2871889)   #258
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The article has some mistakes. It talks about a 2.0 turbo diesel engine, while the Lehmann engine runs on petrol. It also refers to the Porsche 918 RSR as a GT1 study.
indeed but the most important thing for me ( and probably most of us ) is the return of Jan lammers. News now also on the site of our country's biggest newspaper telegraaf.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2871891)   #259
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, not so fast. I believe the Hope Flybrid Oreca still has to pass the test in regard to going down pit lane without the petrol engine or whatever the ACO is making them do. My understanding is that they have not completed the test and it isn't assured that they will be able to do it. I hope everything works out for them. It would be nice to see Lammers back.

There were rumors that the Chinese driver (Shanqi?) who drove the Hope FLM car at Paul Ricard (and did a pretty good job as far as I could tell) would drive the Hope Flybrid car at Le Mans, but I suppose that isn't the plan now. I don't even remember if he was at the Test Day to be honest.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 20:10 (Ref:2871892)   #260
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
It will be nice to see Lammers back in Le Mans, sadly in a car that will very unlikely finish the race
Old 30 Apr 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2872114)   #261
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Well at least he's back...
Old 1 May 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2872272)   #262
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it will be good to see his return but lets hope he does btter than his last couple of visits where perhaps it would be fair to say the results were dissapointing
Old 1 May 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2872375)   #263
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great to see him back. Am I the only one slightly cynical about his call-up? Pandering to the ACO with a legend/Dutch spectator influx if the car doesn't pass it's test?
Old 1 May 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2872379)   #264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, if you were the team boss, would you do any different.....?
Old 1 May 2011, 13:50 (Ref:2872413)   #265
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, if you were the team boss, would you do any different.....?
It makes perfect sense. I hope it pays off for them and Jan can find all the buttons!
Old 1 May 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2872438)   #266
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
There were rumors that the Chinese driver (Shanqi?) who drove the Hope FLM car at Paul Ricard (and did a pretty good job as far as I could tell) would drive the Hope Flybrid car at Le Mans, but I suppose that isn't the plan now. I don't even remember if he was at the Test Day to be honest.
He ran in the Hope FLM car at the Test Day; the car was used to get Marroc his rookie laps because of the questions surrounding the hybrid P1's status, and I would guess also to generate some income from Shan Qi and Moro.

The lineup for the hybrid has had a gazillion names attached to it that have come and gone; Shan Qi, Olivier Lombard and James Rossiter were all listed against it at some point. I think Marroc's acquisition changed some stuff (fast and I would assume brings a budget) as did Rossiter's recall to Lotus. By going for someone pre-qualified like Lammers they could make the final call after Test Day and I would wager they will benefit from a little experience on the driver front too.

Quote:
Good news indeed, didn't think he was going to be back at Le mans, never found out why he was away from le Mans.
$$$. Jan gave an interview to DSC a while back where he was very candid about the fiscal situation resulting from the RfH adventure and how hard he was working to pay off what he still owed from that era.
Old 6 May 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2875377)   #267
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well at least he's back...
Thats a sad way to put that ..... doesnt stand a chance of beating the GTE/AM class .
Old 6 May 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2875511)   #268
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
So before the race has even begun we have a seriously wounded RML HPD and an Oak Pescarolo.

Hopefully RML can fix her up but Oak seem to really be on their knees at the moment with accidents and bad luck (Gulf curse). I suppose there is always the chance of them scaling back to three cars.

Fingers crossed the race passes without any more carnage.
Old 7 May 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2876417)   #269
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Mike Newton was saying that the Andretti car is available . Didnt seem worried about not making Le Mans .

Has there been any withdrawls yet ?

Maybe OAK with 2 shagged cars .
Old 8 May 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2876591)   #270
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Mike Newton was saying that the Andretti car is available . Didnt seem worried about not making Le Mans .

Has there been any withdrawls yet ?

Maybe OAK with 2 shagged cars .
Or what about the Level 5 lola, that looked completely destroyed when it came by loaded on a truck, after it's off yesterday
Old 8 May 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2876602)   #271
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Or what about the Level 5 lola, that looked completely destroyed when it came by loaded on a truck, after it's off yesterday
They definitely have a spare chassis in Europe, it's the second car they ran at the Le Mans test day.
Old 8 May 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2877054)   #272
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm sure I saw somewhere today that it would be Xavier Maassen taking one of the two free seats in the JMW 458 for Le Mans. It will just be a case of whether they think James Walker is ready for La Sarthe. And if they can get a waiver from the ACO.
Old 8 May 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2877058)   #273
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm sure I saw somewhere today that it would be Xavier Maassen taking one of the two free seats in the JMW 458 for Le Mans. It will just be a case of whether they think James Walker is ready for La Sarthe. And if they can get a waiver from the ACO.
If Wednesday still has a 4-hour practice session, maybe the ACO can allow JW to do his mandatory 10 laps in that session?
Old 8 May 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2877060)   #274
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If Wednesday still has a 4-hour practice session, maybe the ACO can allow JW to do his mandatory 10 laps in that session?
Yeah I'd like to think so. His performances thus far this season have been great for a rookie. With two experienced guys in the car and a young gun I think that has the makings of a great team.
Old 9 May 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2877611)   #275
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
It looked in a terrible state as it went passed me, but RML guys told me they had a new tub so they will make it to Le Mans