Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Mar 2004, 15:20 (Ref:912072)   #1
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is wrong with the Jordons

Watching the qualifying, I have wonder, how could they be so very twitchy? They were all over the place - almost as though they were on ice. The aero package doesn't look THAT far off of what everyone else seems to be running and this sort of squirrliness shouldn't be a problem after a day of practice on Friday.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 15:42 (Ref:912134)   #2
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you know much about Grand Prix racing? It takes a lot more than one day of practice to make those cars good.

Last edited by DriverT; 20 Mar 2004 at 15:43.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 16:45 (Ref:912281)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordon are on a quest to catch Minardi....
Old 20 Mar 2004, 16:54 (Ref:912294)   #4
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the jordan needs more grip on the rear, the car looks like it's completely out of balance, heidfeld can handle it more or less but pantano and glock can't
Old 20 Mar 2004, 17:02 (Ref:912307)   #5
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DriverT
Do you know much about Grand Prix racing? It takes a lot more than one day of practice to make those cars good.
I think I know at least what the average fan does. I have been watching F1 for over 30 years.

I know it takes more than one day of practice. That is what winter testing is partly about - so when they come to a track, they more or less know where to begin in trim settings. Using your analogy, most of the grid should be struggling with balance and grip - THEY ARE NOT and Jordon are.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:21 (Ref:912581)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The jordan's are slow & uninspiring & are going backwards at a rate of knots, i can't see them getting out of this hole for some time yet.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:21 (Ref:912582)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you F1atic.

There is little excuse for a car to be so far out of balance, twitchy, and downright dangerous to drive, as the Jordan is right now.

I'll go so far to say, that I don't think I've ever seen a car in any series, so far out of whack, as the Jordan. I said as much in my thread "why do they bother", but apparently, the more "knowledgable" F1 fans that responded, think that the Jordan and Minardi are just fine...

Danica Patrick
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:26 (Ref:912593)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is what happens when a team sufers from lack of funds. I don't expect this problem to dissapear all season long either, rather like it didn't with the EJ-13 because of the minimal development that will go into this car.

They are in a hole that is perilously deep, and I see no way out of it.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:31 (Ref:912599)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What is wrong with the Jordons
Like Knowlesy says: They haven't the money to develop a competative car.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:40 (Ref:912613)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
And that is why their drivers give up on them half way through the season - witness Fisi last year.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:45 (Ref:912620)   #11
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Like Knowlesy says: They haven't the money to develop a competative car.
True: when i see the body language of Eddie Jordan in the pits i'm not surprised if Jordan will not be able to finish this season. We've seen it before at Simtek and Arrows. Last season Firman almost got BBQ'ed. I can't see any progression. Minardi at least shows progression.

minirda (who doesn't believe that contracting Verstappen in stead of Pantano would have made a difference)
Old 20 Mar 2004, 20:49 (Ref:912728)   #12
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quite the nervous turds aren't they? Jos should be smiling
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:12 (Ref:912761)   #13
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
f1atic, I think this is a continuation from last year for Jordan. At times Ralph Firman looked like the ewok in Star Wars who steals the motorcycle doo-flicky. Hanging on for dear life as the thing erraticaly flys away at a high rate on knots.

A bad chassis makes everyone look like Andrea DeCesaris, doesn't it?

Of course, he looked that way in good chassis'...

Last edited by JohnSSC; 20 Mar 2004 at 21:14.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:15 (Ref:912767)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Their money situation is appalling though, and where did it all go wrong?

I had a read of the 2001 Formula 1 Annual today and the Jordans are absolutely bogged down with sponsors stickers. Deutsche Post, Infineon, DHL, Mastercard, Danzas, massive benson and Hedges backing plus free Honda engines and a good, reasonably effective chassis.

Just 2 and a bit years on, and look at them.....not a sponsor in sight and a dog of a car with expensive customer engines. Brings a tear to the eye.

What went wrong? The sacking of Frentzen? September the 11th? What?
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:21 (Ref:912773)   #15
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah yes...the Frentzen curse theory!...well I know for a fact that Pantano is a talented driver and that Heidfeld whilst no Schumi ain't that bad! Perhaps it's time for EJ to close his shop and go count his money...and leave room on the grid for some proper F1 cars!

Last edited by Rennen; 20 Mar 2004 at 21:22.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:33 (Ref:912782)   #16
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
There IS room on the grid - no one replaced Arrows, the most recent sinking - and despite the endless speculation here, no new teams seem to be in line.

While Jordan leaving the scene may leave chicane curbing everywhere safe to live another day it would not necessarily be good for the grid.

Of course I do like the sound of a "Frentzen Curse Theory."

"The anthropologists recoiled in horrror as the sarcophagus slowly opened, and a voice from inside croaked: 'Heinz Harald!!"

Last edited by JohnSSC; 20 Mar 2004 at 21:36.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 23:55 (Ref:913048)   #17
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Heinz is used to being around coffins.

Jordan's problems started before the sacking of H2F but the sacking was, I think, the beginning of the disaster. It seriously damaged the teams image (both for friendliness and canniness) and was followed by several similiar problems. Floodgates.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 00:28 (Ref:913099)   #18
fordtc87
Rookie

United States
Indianapolis, IN
fordtc87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is is possible that they didn't foresee the competition improving their laptimes so much over last year. (Michael is a full 4 seconds faster then Alonso's pole time last year.) And now they are stuck trimming the car out to make it faster. You know less downforce equals normally faster times. Plus it has been stated that they are running the old Bridgestones and not the new hot weather design. That is probably not helping in the extreme heat.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 00:37 (Ref:913109)   #19
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well EJ got caught up in that failed lawsuit attempt. That can't have helped the current fiscal situation.

I can't realy see much development since the lack of cash, so they'll probably be stuck with this the whole season.

It's a shame.