Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Oct 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2770194)   #1
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 wallpapers

This might be the wrong place for this but I'm looking for some good 60s/70s era Formula 1 wallpapers.

Any track or year will do but if you dig up a 60s era shot of cars going through Eau Rouge, I just might offer to bare your child.

Or I might just say thanks and go about my business.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2770238)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.ausmotive.com/images/RW-S...-1920x1200.jpg

Not 60s, but really cool

Selby
Old 6 Oct 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2770259)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.crabbendam.info/231965_Spa_start_b_b.jpg

Not a wallpaper, but a nice shot nonetheless.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2770365)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post

Great shot. I would think it could be converted into a wallpaper quite easily.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2770382)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've seen that shot somewhere before. It's a good one.

Did the photographers not have long focus lenses then?

They were quite nuts to get that close to the action.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2770401)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Great shot. I would think it could be converted into a wallpaper quite easily.
I'm happy to give it a go. I was thinking the same. I'm sure I could find some suitible images to fill one side of the screen.

Can anyone tell me when this shot was taken and which main drivers feature in this particular photo?

Cheers!

Dan
Old 6 Oct 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2770487)   #7
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post

This was actually the inspiration for my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I'm happy to give it a go. I was thinking the same. I'm sure I could find some suitible images to fill one side of the screen.

Can anyone tell me when this shot was taken and which main drivers feature in this particular photo?

Cheers!

Dan

If you could do it, that would be awesome. I spent a couple of hours last night and whenever I stretched it to fit my screen, it still came out with blur.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2770500)   #8
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
okay, not photo's but some nice drawings nonetheless!
http://www.esm-ltd.co.uk/pages/goodw...ival_2010.html
Old 6 Oct 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2770566)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Cheers!

Dan
I'll give you a start. I reckon it was 1965. The first two cars are the BRMs of Graham Hill and Jackie Stewart, followed by the bulky white Honda of Ritchie Ginther. Actually, Jim Clark should be there in the Lotus and, looking closely, I think he is, so close behind Hill as to be largely obscured.

There were two Rob Walker cars in dark blue with the white nose band. I think the first one is Jo Siffert, in which case the other one is Jo Bonnier.

The first of the works Brabhams (green with gold) is Dan Gurney. Behind in the first of the works Coopers (#4) is Bruce McLaren and #11 is the other white Honda driven by Ronnie Bucknum.

That's about as far as I can go for now, but I'll keep checking.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 02:36 (Ref:2770635)   #10
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
It was 1965.
Hill is leading Clark (tucked in behind) and Stewart. Then Ginther (Honda) Siffert (Rob walker Brabham BRM,) Surtees (Ferrari) and followed by Gurney (Brabham-Climax) and McLaren (Cooper). Bonnier? (Walker Brabham-Climax?) and Ronnie Buckum (Honda) follow them.

Bonnier had a Brabham BT7 Climax and Gardner a BT 11 BRM (Run by Williment?) Willimet's colours were red so Strider is probably correct about Bonnier and Gardner is in one of the red cars at the back.

Jack Brabham is up next and one of the Parnell Lotus BRM's (Attwood or Ireland) and Mike Spence in the second works Lotus. Bandini is in the second Ferrari. Bianchi and Masten Gregory in BRMs follow along with Bonnier (alt. Gardner) then the second of the Parnell BRM's and way back on the grid is poor Rindt.

The result was Clark, Stewart, McLaren, Brabham, Hill, Siffert, Spence and Bandini. Then Gurney Rindt Bianchi and Ireland.

Attwood was doing OK but hit a tree and the Lotus BRM burst into flames but he was not seriously injured.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2770718)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Ohhhhhh knowledge

I glanced and instantly recognised Graham Hill after my post, but that kind of pales in comparison to the suggestions up here

thanks guys. I did a rough one last night, i'll upload tonight.

Selby
Old 25 May 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2885785)   #12
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari F1 2011 Desktop Wallpaper

A high resolution desktop wallpaper sized for (wide screen PCs or Laptops). Should of given you this sooner. Slipped my mind. It is free to use by 10 - 10ths users only. I made it, enjoy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is copyrighted material, not for sale or commercial use with out the explicit approval of the owner/s. For commericial use and or sale of this item contact the owner/s trough this message board.

Thank you.
mike

Last edited by ujoint; 25 May 2011 at 17:20.
Old 26 May 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2886012)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Not eau rouge, but one of my faves.
Attached Thumbnails
33dlhc1.jpg  
Old 26 May 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2886146)   #14
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Not eau rouge, but one of my faves.
Ah, that's why downforce is a bad idea....

Or is that good idea?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.