Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:42 (Ref:708096)   #51
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't worry too much guys, I started posting here quite a while ago after coming over from the ITV-F1 forum. I went back there to have a look the other day. We have a loooooong way to go before we get THAT bad.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:46 (Ref:708097)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Adam,
is your clarification a consequence of the ferrari slaughter that someone is currently accomplishing in more than a thred?
To a certain extent, yes, but at the moment there is also a lot of other team, er, slaughtering (if that is how you would like to put it). You can reverse the names if you want to see what I mean

Night ASCII
Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:50 (Ref:708099)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by massifheed
I wouldn't worry too much guys, I started posting here quite a while ago after coming over from the ITV-F1 forum. I went back there to have a look the other day. We have a loooooong way to go before we get THAT bad.
Precisely. Not a coincidence I think.

Generally we can be proud of the level of interaction and intelligent debate.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:51 (Ref:708100)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
interaction and intelligent debate.
Er what does that mean then?
Old 4 Sep 2003, 14:17 (Ref:708115)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
er dunno.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 13:25 (Ref:735323)   #56
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have decided to delete my post - it was long and focussed on what I thought Wrex said - and not what it did say. My apologies to those who read it before I took it down.

One thing, Bias is what drive our thoughts, and is not always bad, what is bad - and Wrex and I are in agreement here, is when one person allows himself to become selfcentred and stubborn.

Come on guyz, we can all have our own bias's, but driver bashing, and disrespect needs to be toned down. I dont think its a problem that will get fixed sadly.

(BTW, I will carry over one idea that totally ticked me off- instead of Amenning Wrex's post, which was on the edge of offending me, perhaps it is better to show our agreement by commenting ourselves. Surely Wrex does not speak souly for each and everyone of you)

P.S - No Offense meant to you wrex, or those who said Amen to his post.

Last edited by SetikX; 30 Sep 2003 at 13:35.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 13:36 (Ref:735339)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its not bias to say that driver x or y is bad. Its not bashing to say it. It only becomes one of those things when fans react.

I make no bones about my disappointment with a certain driver. But I'm told its illogical and that I am bashing him.

I said yesterday that his race was poor because it was impacted by tyres etc. Somebody suggested I was putting him down. You can't win in this respect.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 13:54 (Ref:735358)   #58
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet everyone's reading their posts now.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 15:18 (Ref:735473)   #59
SKT
Rookie

SKT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Wrex,

A valid rant however, one can't help but feel the way we do about such a passionate sport. Passionate reply's/comments will abound and I think that's a good sign.

Unfortunately, F1 has become rather passionate-less as of late, and I feel that the drivers don't come across as interesting - except for JV.

It's simply too bad that JV finds himself giving his loyalties to a Team that is well, not capable of being a Team. It is a tragedy to the sport that JV is not in a competitve Team. JV should be wheel-to--wheel with MS and JM, and taking them to school.

If there is one driver who could shake up the F1 establishment, it's JV however, I wonder why JV just doesn't take a pay cut and get himself on a winning Team. It's unfortunate that MS would never allow JV to be a Team mate but, certainly Frank Williams would let go RS in a heartbeat if JV came to him with a cut in pay.

I understand that Mclaren is out of the question for JV personally because he despises Ron Dennis but, JV could easily put him in his place.

Coulthard certainly doesn't deserve his seat at McLaren, he must be the most fortunate race car driver in the history of F1 - a modicum of talent at best and still on a premiere team - I put him in the same league as the Barrichello's, H.H. Frentzen's, and the other F1 driver'who cannot and will not left foot brake.

That's all for now...
Old 1 Oct 2003, 00:49 (Ref:736086)   #60
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
If the names were reversed ............

........I'd be congratulating JPM on a fantastic win at Indy. Since they are not, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate SchM on a very intelligent drive and a great and well deserved win at Indy, which most likely sealed another championship for him.

Old 1 Oct 2003, 02:04 (Ref:736126)   #61
Aussiefan

I've only just started coming back here as I was driven away (no pun intended) by a discouraging amount of negativity. There seemed to be too many "F1 is ****" and "F1 was better in my day" threads and posts around.

The way I see it, we all have an opinion which we like to think is right although that opinion may not be right or what other people think. It's important to realise that what other people say may or may not be the truth or logical and nor may our opinions be the truth or logical.

I think, too, that people's emotions get out of hand on the negative side. While F1 is a passionate sport, what good is calling people names and coming across in a nasty way when having a discussion (not an argument). This only serves to make both sides feel negative. I'm not saying we all become hippies and smell flowers but think about it, when someone tries to get their point across to you in an agressive, nasty or condesending manner, are you going to agree with them? Most likely not, you will probably call them a ******** and feel angry or negative in some way. All it takes is a bit of patience and some perspective.

Old 1 Oct 2003, 02:44 (Ref:736139)   #62
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice point Wrex. I had stopped reading many of the "fan" forum threads because of all the silly, can't see the forest for the trees type of bashing going on. As the native American saying goes, never judge another man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins. We try to judge drivers and owners way too much in these forums.

I hope you all enjoyed last weekend's race as much as I did. Marshalling is the way to go.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 09:21 (Ref:736373)   #63
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well from the look of this thread, the amount of genuine F1 people who want to get involved in decent debate far outweigh the number who do not so I say..
All is well here!
Old 20 Apr 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2676829)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
2010 update: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122137
Old 30 May 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2888078)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Time to bump this thread up.

Terms like TGF, Teflonso, Louise, Jacques Villeneuve are allowed on 10-10ths. Their use is known as banter and can be used with no malice. If you see one of these terms then deal with it (to use a currently popular saying).

However the sentiments expressed in the opening post of this old thread are a long standing approach that the mods hold dear to their hearts. Lets drop the conspiracy theories. Pretty much any F1 related topic is a valid topic in this forum, but sometimes threads are closed if things get out of hand or if they are repetitive.

One phrase that is banned is "elephant in the room".