Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3020484)   #51
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Dyson, as far as I'm aware have not but the engine has raced at LM before so in that respect the engine has run for 24 hours. From memory the engines either blew up in 2009 or were running with lower boost so the engine wouldn't nuke itself. That was two years ago, things have changed since then so the engine could be reliable or it may not be. Either way, I'm excited to have Dyson at LM.
This begs the question: will they be allowed to run on isobutanol or will they have to run the same fuel as everyone else in LMP1 petrol?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3020489)   #52
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
StatusGP run GP3 team, ran team Ireland in A1gp
and ran/assisted Level 5 team for European races last year.
Never heard of Murphy prototype....
I'm sure you've heard of the others..
I know them yes, just not what car they would use.

And about Dyson, the SPEEDTV item mentions 2 new B12/60s descibing them as "similar to Rebellion's cars". Does that mean they're getting the Rebellion body and wide fronts?? That would mean Dunlop is ready to develop new rubber.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3020495)   #53
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is the list actually posted anywhere yet?
Yep: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/..._mans_2012.pdf
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3020500)   #54
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta say, after all the doom and gloom after Pug pulling out, thats a really interesting entry list...
My thoughts in no particular order;

LMP1
2 Dyson's (about time they came over!) Welcome back Mazda to P1! Wonder if their Lola's will have the Rebellion developed package..??
2 Pesca's, but different cars (AMR/03 and the Dome) be interesting to see how these two different cars develop
4 Audi's vs 2 Toyota's - we expected this... but looks like Audi have hedged the bets on the hybrids!
Then of course theres the Strakka vs JRM for HPD attention.. bit like the Strakka vs Highcroft from 2010

LMP2
18 cars... cripes!
Jota is back in LM Proto
Starworks.. so close at Daytona, can they transfer over the form to LMP2?
Good spread of cars (7 ORECA's, 3 Lola's, 3 Zyteks, 2HPDs, 2 Morgans...oh, and the Norma) although 11 Nissan engine's

Ed
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3020501)   #55
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm, JMB Ferrari with a non-WEC entry chosen in GTE-Am ahead of IMSA's GTE-Pro entry with their Porsche (suppose not a WEC entry either cause if it was I'm sure they would have beaten JWA).
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3020503)   #56
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
I know them yes, just not what car they would use.

And about Dyson, the SPEEDTV item mentions 2 new B12/60s descibing them as "similar to Rebellion's cars". Does that mean they're getting the Rebellion body and wide fronts?? That would mean Dunlop is ready to develop new rubber.
Reserve list says Lola Judd for status, and Oreca 03 for Murphy (but I though they had their own LMP2??)

You seemed to answer my Q about the Dyson cars
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3020508)   #57
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
biggest shock to me was the starworks honda and the dome judd and also the pescarolo 03, I cant wait to see that car. Overall a bloody awesome entry list with many cool teams and cars the only disappointment is the 4 audis, I would much rather see some team from the reserve list to participate, some great teams and cars were left out.

just a bit disappointed about hs technik not being here (but i hope they will do elms). the wec entry list is a bit shorter. Any chance that some teams will run a 2nd car in the other wec rounds that got only 1 entry at lm? Like lotus lmp2. Or the teams/cars on the reserved would do a partial season (without lm24)?

Last edited by lms; 2 Feb 2012 at 17:37.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3020509)   #58
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No RML in P2. What shame!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3020513)   #59
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
No RML in P2. What shame!
Yep, great shame, but not unexpected.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3020518)   #60
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm disappointed that Hope Racing is R4 only - they definitely deserved another try at LM24 with their hybrid
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3020523)   #61
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm really excited to have an American team competing in lmp 1! This is an interesting field.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3020525)   #62
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Hard View Post
Reserve list says Lola Judd for status, and Oreca 03 for Murphy (but I though they had their own LMP2??)

You seemed to answer my Q about the Dyson cars
Murphy isn't the South African LMP2 car (that's Bailey)- these guys seem to be Irish according to the official list...

One big surprise on the list- Aston Martin. OK, after last year's fiasco, hardly a surprise to see them not getting both cars in, and they've only entered a single car for WEC- but what are they doing with a car in GTE-Am? Maybe the Young Driver car from last year, running under an AMR 'Flag of Convenience?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3020526)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have to admit I got zero work done this afternoon keeping track on twitter.

Very happy with that list. Excited to see the Pescarolo's and there is some nice variation throughout the prototype classes

2x Dyson is great news. Really thought we'd see Muscle Milk make the trip which is a bit of a shame.

LMP2 is an absolute dogfight. My only real gripe is, as others have said, the fact that two potential GT-Pro podium finishers have been demoted to the reserve list at the expense of more AM entries. I can't quite understand that but both teams do at least have cars in the AM class already.

Marino Franchitti is a brave man.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3020527)   #64
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
I'm disappointed that Hope Racing is R4 only - they definitely deserved another try at LM24 with their hybrid
Nothing they showed in 2011 backs up your statement. They were slower than plenty of LMP2 cars.

KA - Regarding the Aston AM entry - I think maybe they see that as a winnable class for them.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3020536)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Nothing they showed in 2011 backs up your statement. They were slower than plenty of LMP2 cars.

I agree. If it had been called a Debora, we'd have said that'll never get another entry......
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3020547)   #66
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
nice list

Highlights:

- The Dome. Biggest highlight by a mile.
- Dyson. And Mazda. Much missed, good to see them join the party at last.
- Lots of nice official confirmations from Strakka, JRM and the second Toyota
- Three works Aston Martin entries in GT
- Flying Lizard being back with two again
- Starworks

Lowlights:
- Way more LMPs than GTs
- Second works Aston GT on the reserve list
- Pro IMSA Comp entry on the reserves
- The ACO insisting on separate reserve lists again, so little chance of any of the top class reserve GTs being called up before "Murphy Prototype" or other new entries
- 3 reserve P2s ahead of the single P1
- No Risi again
- Audi buying the podium. Sorry, I mean entering four cars still.
- The Delta Wing. Instead of any of the above reserve entries
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3020555)   #67
Coach Ep
Veteran

As for Dyson, Guy Smith and Chris Dyson are separated over their two cars, would love to see some sort of Dyson reunion in the form of Leitzinger and Wallace returning but I believe we will rather see some gentleman drivers renting a drive (maybe Cochran).
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3020562)   #68
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's quite interesting how the GT2 field is going back towards being the usual Porsche-Ferrari class of few years ago, with only Corvettes and vantages between. It is of course understable as the Lambo/Merc things are still developing(?), Spyker is dead, BMW is off to DTM and only present in ALMS, Abruzzi never really materialized, Jaguar and Doran Ford are likely done, and Lotus has been left to reserves. Also notice the total lack of old F430s.

The four-car Audi squad is going to make the life very tidious and dull for top honours of P1, but I do like the privateer petrol field. Rebellions, Oak, Pescas, HPDs and Dysons, that's a nice mix.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3020569)   #69
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Not many GT's

Also, no LMPC? (no longer the need with so many LMP's?)
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3020570)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
- Pro IMSA Comp entry on the reserves
Agreed, and the same could be said for the second pro vantage and the evora. I still wonder how they managed to give more entries for the AM cars...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3020571)   #71
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Also, no LMPC? (no longer the need with so many LMP's?)
LMPCs have never raced at Sarthe...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3020582)   #72
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
So much for the 57 entries rumour then. Unless I've mis-counted?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3020583)   #73
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Press file in English... and an interesting fact, upper limit for entries at the Test Day is 76 cars.

Also, apparently there will now be a 550 sq m gravel trap on the outside of Arnage. So if a car overshoots, it'll have a gravelly moment, not a barrier-y moment.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3020586)   #74
Deleted
Veteran

I don't really like that change, but at least it's gravel not tarmac. With FIA involved there's always a danger of raping the circuits even more...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3020594)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
listened to a very intermitant RLM but it was good news, like the top P1 class but agree with others P2 is over represented lets hope most of the chosen cars make it June