Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Feb 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3021390)   #126
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Press file in English... and an interesting fact, upper limit for entries at the Test Day is 76 cars.

Also, apparently there will now be a 550 sq m gravel trap on the outside of Arnage. So if a car overshoots, it'll have a gravelly moment, not a barrier-y moment.
This probably isn't the right thread, so apologies, but a quick read of the document shows an interesting bit about making the slower (non-LMP1) cars have better night-vision out of the rear of the vehicle - I presume a reaction to Rocky's off-track excursion after getting up close and personal to a GT car.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3021392)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Very pleased with the entry list overall.

Highlights (for me, Le Mans is all about the top class, so that is predictably where my focus lies):
1) Pescarolo run Dome (I could very easily have put this down for all 5 of my highlights )
2) Dyson finally crossing the Pond. Have been hoping for this for many a year now.
No specific 3), 4) and 5), but P1 is set up for some titanic battles between marques/manufacturers. Toyota vs Dome battle for laptime supremacy. The Rebellion vs Dyson 'inter Lola' duel. Finding out exactly where the Honda P1's will be in terms of speed/reliability.....I have a sneaky suspicion a Honda P1 will be the highest placed petrol car come 15:00 on the Sunday afternoon.

Lowlights:
1) The absence of Peugeot (and a number of their driver squad).
2) The lack of GTE Pro entries.
3) IMSA Matmut GTE Pro car only on reserve list.
4) The other GTE Pro Aston only on the reserve list.
5) The exclusion of the 2nd Lola Lotus from the main entry list and placed last on the reserve list.

That's pretty close to my list too James, although I will rarely complain about more LMPs than GTs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Also, apparently there will now be a 550 sq m gravel trap on the outside of Arnage. So if a car overshoots, it'll have a gravelly moment, not a barrier-y moment.

I'm trying to work out where the heck that would be. There's the escape road of course - to the right of that (as the drivers see it)? Where they tend to nose into the tyres? Have the ACO bought some land there I wonder?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 4 Feb 2012 at 11:53.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3021401)   #128
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Very pleased with the entry list overall.

Highlights (for me, Le Mans is all about the top class, so that is predictably where my focus lies):
1) Pescarolo run Dome (I could very easily have put this down for all 5 of my highlights )
2) Dyson finally crossing the Pond. Have been hoping for this for many a year now.
No specific 3), 4) and 5), but P1 is set up for some titanic battles between marques/manufacturers. Toyota vs Dome battle for laptime supremacy. The Rebellion vs Dyson 'inter Lola' duel. Finding out exactly where the Honda P1's will be in terms of speed/reliability.....I have a sneaky suspicion a Honda P1 will be the highest placed petrol car come 15:00 on the Sunday afternoon.

Lowlights:
1) The absence of Peugeot (and a number of their driver squad).
2) The lack of GTE Pro entries.
3) IMSA Matmut GTE Pro car only on reserve list.
4) The other GTE Pro Aston only on the reserve list.
5) The exclusion of the 2nd Lola Lotus from the main entry list and placed last on the reserve list.
I agree with most of this plus:

Highlights:

The continued support and faith in LM of Audi despite the loss of the Pugs
Definitely Dyson and the hope that there is some increased Mazda support involved which may lead to a bigger P1 future?
Potential for the HPD cars - I think these are definite dark horses and could surprise many - also (maybe more so) in the WEC.

Lowlights
I had been hoping that Nissan or Honda would make a surprise increase in presence
Loss off Aston Martin Prototypes despite last years debacle
Old 4 Feb 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3021402)   #129
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm trying to work out where the heck that would be. There's the escape road of course - the the right of that (as the drivers see it)? Where they tend to nose into the tyres? Have the ACO bought some land there I wonder?
Think so, don't know where else they'd want to put it if it's on the exit of Arnage. That's the logical place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
This probably isn't the right thread, so apologies, but a quick read of the document shows an interesting bit about making the slower (non-LMP1) cars have better night-vision out of the rear of the vehicle - I presume a reaction to Rocky's off-track excursion after getting up close and personal to a GT car.
They should give Mike Newton a ring and get some of his software for the onboard cameras.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3021411)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely - I remember him talking about them on RLM last year (or the year before). But how good do they need to be to see through an Audi 'white-out'.......?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3021414)   #131
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm trying to work out where the heck that would be. There's the escape road of course - to the right of that (as the drivers see it)? Where they tend to nose into the tyres? Have the ACO bought some land there I wonder?
My guess would be the property on the corner of that junction, but 550m sq. is only a 50m by 11m (if my maths is correct) box, so would assume that we have quite a short gravel trap along the length of the kerbing on drivers left after the corner.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3021421)   #132
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Highlights:

+ Balance of classes.
GTE-PRO doesn't need many cars to make a fine race (just look at 2011 LM racing around the world), but 1 more Porsche (IMSA) would have been nice instead of one of the P2s or GTE-AM
Petrol in P1 will be awesome. A great mixture of teams and drivers in P2 and GTE-AM should make for an eventful and interesting fight (at least 5 favourites in each, if not many more)

+ Pescarolo taking the crazy route as always, with a Dome and another resurrection of the AMR-One chassis.

+ Dawn of the Hybrids - hope Toyota is up for it

+ Finally see some investment (Dyson) from the ALMS in P1 since Panoz/Cadillac/Champion.

+ Possibility of having a few good Portuguese out there (Filipe Albuquerque in the 'DTM' Audi anybody? Barbosa in the Level 5 after his good run at Daytona 24 and with his poor wife . Fan-favourite from ASM, Olivier Plá. Rui Águas in GTE-AM but handicapped by some of his more gentlemanly teammates, etc.)

- Audi overload up front but the price to pay for realizing they are really committed despite Peugeot's withdrawal

- Too many Ferraris in GTE-PRO.

- IMSA deserved a spot in a PRO Porsche

- Even the 2nd Aston. Amazing how they turn down a Factory effort, but the Vantage is an unknown quantity, just like the AMR-One turned out to be, so, in reality, Prodrive and AMR don't really deserve ACO and FIA taking another risk with so many interested teams.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3021434)   #133
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

They must have purchased some land and I feel a little sorry for the owner of the house on the outside of the corner. I'm still wondering what the thinking is behind this: I've been spectating at Arnage for 27 years and have never seen anything worse than a minor bump into the tyrewall here. Speeds are very low - a maximum of around 50-60mph even if no attempt is made to slow down.

The only good thing is that it won't spoil the viewing, unlike the ridiculously large gravel trap that was installed a few years back on the approach to Indianapolis.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3021438)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
The only good thing is that it won't spoil the viewing, unlike the ridiculously large gravel trap that was installed a few years back on the approach to Indianapolis.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one then!
Old 4 Feb 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3021477)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's it - a new spectator access to Arnage!
Old 5 Feb 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3021691)   #136
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
+ Finally see some investment (Dyson) from the ALMS in P1 since Panoz/Cadillac/Champion.
Autocon brought a LMP1 to Le Mans in 2010. Surely the Dysons won't be close to being that bad, but at least the locals did not point and laugh at the orange slug and say "And that thing is the championship winning P1 in America? Ha!"
Old 5 Feb 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3021768)   #137
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oops that slipped my mind. I re-phrase then hehe: "a decent entry". No disrespect to autocon but ya.

Didn't we also have the American Signature in LM a few years back?
Old 5 Feb 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3021776)   #138
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
We've had Autocon more than once, the Jimk Matthews Riley and Scott and the MBD Panoz amongst others
Old 5 Feb 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3021820)   #139
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RE Dyson's fuel package....

Dyson have always decided against Le Mans as they don't want to overstretch resources, affect their ALMS campaigns etc

Surely they wouldn't enter Le Mans unless they knew they were competitive against the other LMP1 teams and had a decent chance of finishing it? So I expect they won't have to change too much.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3021890)   #140
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
RE Dyson's fuel package....

Dyson have always decided against Le Mans as they don't want to overstretch resources, affect their ALMS campaigns etc

Surely they wouldn't enter Le Mans unless they knew they were competitive against the other LMP1 teams and had a decent chance of finishing it? So I expect they won't have to change too much.
well it will be good to see them there and lets hope they are as good in la sarthe as they have been in the states
Old 5 Feb 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3021902)   #141
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well it will be good to see them there and lets hope they are as good in la sarthe as they have been in the states
And let's hope they can get away with filling their cars with as much talent as possible without having to resort to pay drivers like Jay Cochran.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3022343)   #142
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
by the way, take out the WEC shoe-ins and the Auto-invites, and these are the chosen entrants:
*SNIP*
P1 Pescarolo - Dome S102.5
*SNIP*
Pescarolo got 2 automatic entries to Le Mans. 2nd in P1 LMS, and first in the LMS LMP Green X Challenge.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3022405)   #143
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR186S View Post
Pescarolo got 2 automatic entries to Le Mans. 2nd in P1 LMS, and first in the LMS LMP Green X Challenge.
You are correct sir, apologies; I was basing it on the ACO's entry list, which does not have the Dome marked as such.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3022663)   #144
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the Pescarolo Dome is an automatic entry because they changed chassis manufacturers from which the automatic entry was earned.

That said... Pescarolo "earned" two bids, no way the ACO turn them down even if they can't technically use both.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3022668)   #145
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
I don't think the Pescarolo Dome is an automatic entry because they changed chassis manufacturers from which the automatic entry was earned.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter. As long as you stay in the same class, you can use an auto entry for any car you like.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3023167)   #146
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
With only 1 Level 5 entry and mr. Tucker already announced as designed driver with Bouchut expected in that car as well that leaves only 1 spot for presumably either Luis Diaz or Joao Barbosa.

Diaz is listed for the ALMS wintertest, so Barbosa is losing out? Both Diaz and Barbosa deserve to be on the grid imo if not with L5 let´s hope some other team will sign them.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3023294)   #147
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
With only 1 Level 5 entry and mr. Tucker already announced as designed driver with Bouchut expected in that car as well that leaves only 1 spot for presumably either Luis Diaz or Joao Barbosa.

Diaz is listed for the ALMS wintertest, so Barbosa is losing out? Both Diaz and Barbosa deserve to be on the grid imo if not with L5 let´s hope some other team will sign them.
I'm sure Joao won't have a problem picking up a drive somewhere given the amount of Le Mans experience he has. Even if he did bin it on cold tyres at the Esses last year.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3023855)   #148
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Business as Usual . . .

Official ACO "Promotional Clip" for the 2012 edition - (~3 min)
Old 13 Feb 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3025226)   #149
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And let's stop this off topic talk (or move it to a more suitable thread )
Old 13 Feb 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3025246)   #150
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
And let's stop this off topic talk (or move it to a more suitable thread )
Quite so....I consider myself deservedly reprimanded!