Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Aug 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2266846)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ALMS Round 8 Mosport Aug. 21-24, 08

Race Hub
Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing and Scoring
Hindy @ RLM
IMSA site
Spotters Guide
Satellite
Weather 1/2 way between Toronto and Trenton

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2266894)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Very nicely put together dude ..... hats off .
Old 10 Aug 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2266900)   #3
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, and colors and all
Old 10 Aug 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2266948)   #4
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right on. That weather link's gonna be key - I've been to one all-dry weekend in the last 7 years, and this is the rainiest summer on record here in southern Ontario.

I cannot wait - this race is a fixture of my summer, even though I no longer live in Toronto I still take the train back to meet my dad for the race. I'll probably cross paths with a few people on this board over the weekend without knowing it, especially those who are down at Moss Corner.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2267236)   #5
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Black Swan will be at Sebring testing instead of Mosport.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2267250)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Yeah, and colors and all
Wonder is he a psycadelic rastafarian on some weird mind altering concoction of meds !!!

Can I have some please ?
Old 11 Aug 2008, 15:37 (Ref:2267339)   #7
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Black Swan will be at Sebring testing instead of Mosport.
They won't be missed.

DK
Old 11 Aug 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2267348)   #8
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Sydney Australia, formerly Canada
Mosport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim Pappas has previously stated he feels Mosport is too unsafe- they skipped last years' round in their Porker. Personally they've made the track just fine.

I'll miss this years' round as the wife and I are getting ready to move to Scotland in 6 weeks
Old 11 Aug 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2267350)   #9
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am hereby stating that Tim Pappas is a sissy. OK, that's unfair, but nobody has seriously complained about the track, to my knowledge, since BMW in 2000. They've put those horrid catch fences up at 2 and 5 to ruin our view and everything, so what can one whine about now? Anyway, as said, no real loss on the competition front.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2267362)   #10
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
I'll second that, cmk.

Even last year he had Borcheller driving for him, and I know Terry loves Mosport.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 16:39 (Ref:2267371)   #11
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Wonder is he a psycadelic rastafarian on some weird mind altering concoction of meds !!!

Can I have some please ?
Hopefully!!
Old 11 Aug 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2267374)   #12
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
And Mosport loves Terry too. I remember that, during the heyday of the Konrad Saleen, he got almost as big an ovation at Moss as Big Ron did after the race. Pity that Borcheller fans won't have quite as much to cheer for this year.

PS: If I was as productive as HORNDAWG on mind-altering concoctions of meds, I would not have a ton of papers to read and assays to plan still hanging over my head!
Old 11 Aug 2008, 19:11 (Ref:2267456)   #13
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Risi has Friesacher in the #61 car with Brix, and Burgess will share with McMurry at Autocon.

L.P.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2268026)   #14
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Mosport gathering -

There will be an official gathering at the steps up to the tower from the paddock on Friday, August 22nd at 7pm. (Normally this is where IMSA/ALMS setup their hospitality tent) This will include members of the ALMS official forum, Speed TV forum, ten-tenths forums and Facebook. We are likely to have representatives of the series, and will work on some team people as well. This gathering will be followed by a group track walk. Come on out and meet some fellow online fans of the American Le Mans Series.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 02:52 (Ref:2268207)   #15
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
I am usually trying to kick it out asap in the evenings (my dad and I commute from Toronto), but I will work on staying, cause that sounds like an excellent idea, Fogelhund.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2268516)   #16
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Mosport gathering -

There will be an official gathering at the steps up to the tower from the paddock on Friday, August 22nd at 7pm. (Normally this is where IMSA/ALMS setup their hospitality tent) This will include members of the ALMS official forum, Speed TV forum, ten-tenths forums and Facebook. We are likely to have representatives of the series, and will work on some team people as well. This gathering will be followed by a group track walk. Come on out and meet some fellow online fans of the American Le Mans Series.
Sadly I am in Europe, so I cant attend, but..

I am very impressed by this gathering, and all the efforts done to make it happen. Would love to meet people, and walk the track.

Keep it up!
Old 15 Aug 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2269393)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, last year was my first time at Mosport (or an ALMS event for that matter). It is a complete no-brainer that I am going again this year, and will next year, then year after that, and so on. It is just too immense an event to not go to...I deeply regret not going the couple of years before that upon coming to Canada.

I'll be driving down to Calgary from Yellowknife (1500-1800 kms - not sure exactly how many) as of Saturday morning, then getting a bus early AM Monday morning from Calgary to Edmonton. Then its onto a train for two days, then I can pick up the rental to get me from Toronto to the track. I'll fly back to Calgary, though (then drive all the way back to Yellowknife).

It is a long way (and altogether too much money), but worth it. So totally worth it.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 01:46 (Ref:2269396)   #18
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Man, I'd love to be there too, why am I moving again??
Old 15 Aug 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2269788)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
There-in is a good question. It confuses me why you would choose to move to Scotland from Canada, but, well, I guess it must confuse you why I am quite happy to be here instead of there. The grass is always greener, and all that, I suppose.

May things go swimmingly with your knew life, . Where are you going to set up base this time?
Old 15 Aug 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2269876)   #20
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Mosport gathering -

The Race Gypsy - borrowing computers again!

Will try and meet you there, no dobt a smaller gathering than at Le Mans, but several marshals are Tenths members, so we can probably drum up a crowd
Old 16 Aug 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2269929)   #21
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Though it may be suited more for the 2008 season thread, it's worth noting that IMSA released a bulletin for GT2 competitors today. While some of the changes are 21 days hence, there are a few which come into effect for Mosport. Each of the Ford GT, Aston Vantage V8 and Panoz Esperante can move their wings to a new position, basically they just have to be lower than the highest point of bodywork, and no further back than the most rearward. This would seem to give the opportunity for more downforce at the rear. The Ford GT also gets 1 weight class worth of restrictor break, and the Aston is allowed to run a new wing configuration, with width and chord specified, pending approval upon submission to IMSA. Probably not enough, but it's nice to see the little boys getting some help.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 00:11 (Ref:2270721)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, Bob, great! Please do come by, and drag Colene with you too.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 18 Aug 2008, 15:49 (Ref:2271026)   #23
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just printed a memo for Bob to meet with you PC. I hope you have a terrific time.
(signed, the real blueflagger)
Old 18 Aug 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2271035)   #24
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Dutton,

Edinburgh is the plan. The reasons? Well, too numerous to mention, but the -35C and 5ft snowbanks in Northern Ontario for a start....I'll take some scottish rain please.

Besides, you could go to Knockhill in the middle of January and see something on track other than snow!

Wife and I are young enough in our lives for that kind of change.

Back to Mosport- I'll be in front of the telly hopefully on Sunday to watch- I must say I thought Ron Fellows would of come out of retirement to run "something" there- even a SWC car or something.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2271087)   #25
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosport Fan
Dutton,

I must say I thought Ron Fellows would of come out of retirement to run "something" there- even a SWC car or something.
Maybe he should be the third driver in the Gavin-Beretta car, lord knows they need all the help they can get this year! Might as well have the fans on their side with Ronnie in the car.

DK