Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2884456)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kubica (POL) ruled out of race seat for this season

Robert Kubica has been ruled out of a race drive this season. But it is still possible that he may drive a car in one of the practice sessions.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ace-this-year/
Old 23 May 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2884465)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
No surprises there!
Old 23 May 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2884471)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
TBH, I don't think that we'll see him doing competitive lap times in an F1 car this season.
Old 23 May 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2884511)   #4
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
TBH, I don't think that we'll see him doing competitive lap times in an F1 car this season.
Sadly, I have to agree with you here...
Old 23 May 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2884518)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think we're dealing with a Nannini type situation here. The nerves are just too intricate to come back to the way they where from a near amputation. I hope I'm wrong though. I like the spirit of a guy who just can't stay away from the sport.
Old 23 May 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2884798)   #6
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I think we're dealing with a Nannini type situation here. The nerves are just too intricate to come back to the way they where from a near amputation. I hope I'm wrong though. I like the spirit of a guy who just can't stay away from the sport.
Yeah that is some thing to be concerned about, with Kubica's situation. You also have to remember Johnny Herbert and his accident in Formula 3000. Not the same level of performance afterwards.
Old 23 May 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2884819)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Yeah that is some thing to be concerned about, with Kubica's situation. You also have to remember Johnny Herbert and his accident in Formula 3000. Not the same level of performance afterwards.
Yes. It also seems to me the hands and arms are more required to be at their peak for top performance than with the feet and legs.
Old 23 May 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2884821)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Yes. It also seems to me the hands and arms are more required to be at their peak for top performance than with the feet and legs.
Nowadays in particular, but I still refuse to write off Kubica.

The comparison with Nannini is not valid. I don't want to talk about the extent of his injuries but they were much worse. See here for the details.
Old 23 May 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2884824)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I hope he recovers to be at least capable to do what he wants and if not F1 he I am sure will have other race options as long as he can pass a physical.
Old 30 May 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2888127)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Kubica NOT ruled out of race seat for this season

Kubica could possibly race this season!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91897

Pretty good news. It's a shame that Renault currently seem to be going backwards.
Old 30 May 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2888155)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Kubica could possibly race this season!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91897

Pretty good news. It's a shame that Renault currently seem to be going backwards.
Can't see this happening, but who knows...
Old 30 May 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2888204)   #12
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"There are no complications at this stage and we are forecasting August as the month when we will have a clearer idea of when Robert can be back."
2/3 months then.
Old 31 May 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2888472)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
2/3 months then.
Till they have a clearer idea of when he may return, not he will be back in 2-3 months!

Whatever, but hope he is well soon. Don't believe he will be back this year...
Old 31 May 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2888482)   #14
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can't speculate whether he'll return to his normal ability again, just because some other b-grade drivers lost their confidence, which is debatable anyway - perhaps Nannini and Herbert just weren't that great to begin with.

Schumi and Lauda didn't lose anything after their big crashes. Kubica already had a big one, and didn't lose any speed.

It's more likely he might lose some confidence in rallying, not F1.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2889309)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
You can't speculate whether he'll return to his normal ability again, just because some other b-grade drivers lost their confidence, which is debatable anyway - perhaps Nannini and Herbert just weren't that great to begin with.

Schumi and Lauda didn't lose anything after their big crashes. Kubica already had a big one, and didn't lose any speed.

It's more likely he might lose some confidence in rallying, not F1.
If things are that simple... but actually it's a very complex situation.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2889586)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Complex indeed, he may be quite fit physically v soon but whether he can get that hand to work as well as it needs to again is a compeltely different matter.

I can't see him driving anything in anger until next season, if at all i'm afraid.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2889595)   #17
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Complex indeed, he may be quite fit physically v soon but whether he can get that hand to work as well as it needs to again is a compeltely different matter.

I can't see him driving anything in anger until next season, if at all i'm afraid.
My mom cut a couple tendons of her left hand a couple years ago in a nasty fall hitting her hand into broken glas. It took about a year for the tendons to grow together again. And the hands moveability is at a level of just 25% only still.

I too, am rather negative of Robert sitting in a race car, let alone F1, next season