Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jul 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2929938)   #76
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It should be noted that the weather will change drasically by Sunday--high temps during the day will cool by 10 degrees, though the skies will remain partly cloudy all weekend.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2929964)   #77
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Is th Panoz legal, aside from it's homologation, there seems to be a lot of confidence it's going to be bang on the pace.
lol. its not even homologated yet....theres no road cars either.

but if that abruzzi can go Fast ill be very happy to have another GT2 contender.

Goooo! Abruzzi!

edit:that abruzzi was Only 2 seconds off the pace in its 2nd outing!!! thats amazing.....theres alot more to come from that car....considering jaguar has been at it for 3 years and still 5 5 seconds back....abruzzi is showing promise.

Last edited by Audi Racer; 22 Jul 2011 at 23:07.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2929988)   #78
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The Abruzzi has not been running all that badly so far. It's less than a second off the pace of the slower of the two Corvettes (which is probably a good reference point for the Abruzzi) and Edward Sandstrom has been quite fast. I wonder if he tested at Mosport because he is really on it.
Edward is a fast pedaller! Same sort of pace if not quicker on occasion (use to the Z4 GT3 of course) as Tommy Milner in Dubai and Nurburgring 24hrs
Old 23 Jul 2011, 00:44 (Ref:2929991)   #79
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Don't get me wrong....the ferrari's faster....but that doesnt mean the Mclaren is a fail.(it deosnt eve exit yet lol)
Old 23 Jul 2011, 05:44 (Ref:2930025)   #80
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Mosport Spotter Guide has been updated with revised driver line up at RSR Jaguar and updated liveries for AJR, TRG and the #89 Intersport.

www.spotterguides.com
Old 23 Jul 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2930122)   #81
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6am on a Monday morning for this race, think it might be worth it!
Old 23 Jul 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2930133)   #82
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cytosport leading the first official practice atm, Autocon still nowhere. Bergmeister just put Lizards on top of the GTs.

Contrary to what we saw earlier, Abruzzi is now shown as UNCLASSIFIED on both ALMS front page and timing&scoring, so there you go
Old 23 Jul 2011, 15:07 (Ref:2930134)   #83
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kyle Marcelli in the Intersport LMPC puts in a faster lap than the championship leading Dyson Lola has done all session, and Chris is almost 4 seconds off the pace of the Germans in the Aston.

Also, very disappointing so far is the Autocon car, but at the same time great runs by Steven Kane and the Abruzzi.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2930137)   #84
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RED FLAG. Looks like it may of been the Cytosport Aston. Hit tire wall at turn 9 and slid back across circuit, no damage or injury report yet

Update: Klaus is okay but the car does have some damage.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2930180)   #85
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Contrary to what we saw earlier, Abruzzi is now shown as UNCLASSIFIED on both ALMS front page and timing&scoring, so there you go
Yeah. I wonder if someone complained about it after yesterday, but I figured this was a possibility because nobody ever said anything about the car being homologated.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2930183)   #86
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
I think the Vettes are sandbagging....mosport was made for the vettes with the high speed corners
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2930184)   #87
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone, particularly people living outside the U.S., have the stream up yet? At Lime Rock it took until midway through the LMPC session to get it up. Hopefully that won't be the same this weekend.

Chris
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2930185)   #88
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
I think the Vettes are sandbagging....mosport was made for the vettes with the high speed corners
I would love to agree with you, but I don't think we have the single lap pace just yet.

Ha, Cytosport did just a few funny laps at the end of P2 and still managed to be faster than both Dysons
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2930186)   #89
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Bahahaha. and the plot thickens...right after the BMW's get slapped with a restrictor penalty the lizards are showing up at the top of the time sheets in the 911....

i hold my thougths till qualifying
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2930187)   #90
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Anyone, particularly people living outside the U.S., have the stream up yet? At Lime Rock it took until midway through the LMPC session to get it up. Hopefully that won't be the same this weekend.

Chris
Nope, not even a link to the stream on the homepage and when I go to the player via my history, the international stream remains nothing.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2930191)   #91
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
I would love to agree with you, but I don't think we have the single lap pace just yet.

Ha, Cytosport did just a few funny laps at the end of P2 and still managed to be faster than both Dysons
I honestly hope Cytosport wins every race this year until Petit (Petit victory would be near impossible)
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2930193)   #92
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Bahahaha. and the plot thickens...right after the BMW's get slapped with a restrictor penalty the lizards are showing up at the top of the time sheets in the 911....

I thought that the adjustments for BMW and the Lizards don't go into affect this weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz
Nope, not even a link to the stream on the homepage and when I go to the player via my history, the international stream remains nothing.
Still nothing here either, FCP. Clearly we'll play the waiting game again.

Chris
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2930194)   #93
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
I thought that the adjustments for BMW and the Lizards don't go into affect this weekend...

Still nothing here either, FCP. Clearly we'll play the waiting game again.

Chris
Dont bother explaining anything to him that involves companies with expensive german cars driven by bankers and dentists.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2930195)   #94
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The Porsches are getting penalties after the race too.

Is the ALMS radio link working for anyone else? It's not for me.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2930196)   #95
Deleted
Veteran

Yey GTC quali well underway and for the millionth time we're welcomed back by a static black screen... but I'm sure we'll hear Atherton praising their streaming service in the fortnight once again
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:41 (Ref:2930197)   #96
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The Porsches are getting penalties after the race too.

Is the ALMS radio link working for anyone else? It's not for me.
ALMS Radio not working and SHHH! about the adjustments, apparently he doesn't care to know!

At least the radio was working at Lime Rock, they've taken a step backwards! Of course, Mosport has been notoriously difficult in the past for broadcasting. Doesn't seem anyone cares to solve those problems in advance of the race weekend.

Chris
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2930198)   #97
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
These happen to be the same idiots that thought it would be a great idea to dump Radio Show limited (which usually always works).
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2930199)   #98
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
These happen to be the same idiots that thought it would be a great idea to dump Radio Show limited (which usually always works).
Mosport was never easy on RLM either. I remember a lot of cell-phone-based Friday promoter test sessions and such.

Chris
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2930200)   #99
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Mosport was never easy on RLM either. I remember a lot of cell-phone-based Friday promoter test sessions and such.

Chris
Well, yes, Mosport seems to have the same wireless, satellite and broadcasting capabilites of an uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2930201)   #100
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yey GTC quali well underway and for the millionth time we're welcomed back by a static black screen... but I'm sure we'll hear Atherton praising their streaming service in the fortnight once again
In the meantime ten minutes underway... and just a black screen... hey but whow the Live timing is running now...