Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Apr 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3388466)   #76
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
There is testing too - I don't know if the circuit is open to the public or not though?
It is indeed - F3s in the morning, GTs in the afternoon.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3390167)   #77
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113352

A 2nd Bentley for this season !!!
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3390188)   #78
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113352

A 2nd Bentley for this season !!!
That's good news The 888 BMW's look a bit better this season too - they seem to have gained the BMW motorsport red and blue striping along the bonnets. I wasn't a huge fan of the plain black look from last season.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3390191)   #79
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
OK, I did not see that coming......

Chris Hoy in a JRM Nissan with Alex Buncombe?

Wow.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3390211)   #80
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's the big man.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=af616fb31d

Some great news coming out of the series today. Works Bentley and Nissan!
Old 8 Apr 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3390216)   #81
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Two more works cars, this series is going from strength to strength! I've seen Hoy in Radicals (?) on either MotorsTV or The Grid but I didn't expect him to sprint to GTs this quickly.

Last edited by J Jay; 8 Apr 2014 at 14:09.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3390290)   #82
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not the first Hoy in motorsport.

Good for Circus Hoy, he's one genuine enthusiast and I hope it goes well for him.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3390294)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Chris Hoy should bring some sorely needed publicity to the series
Old 8 Apr 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3390316)   #84
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He raced a 370Z at Silverstone on Sunday and came 3rd overall in the Arrowpak Sports & Saloons. He looked bloody quick too - there's a racing brain there.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 19:40 (Ref:3390318)   #85
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Chris Hoy should bring some sorely needed publicity to the series
Well this story is on the BBC Sport main page as of this post, Hoy's name has brought some mainstream attention at least. If he were to do well you'd expect the press to continue being interested.

I'm not too worried about publicity though - no doubt Nissan will be milking this for all it's worth!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3390658)   #86
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
OK, I did not see that coming......

Chris Hoy in a JRM Nissan with Alex Buncombe?

Wow.
RJN not JRM Rodger
Old 9 Apr 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3390672)   #87
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
On RLM Hoy was talking about how he needed to slim down his thighs to get comfortable in the car! Seems obvious in hindsight, but I think RJN have missed a trick here. There's a much bigger weight saving to be had if they took out the engine and gave him bike pedals directly connected to the prop-shaft.

Would be a bit tricky to BoP though ...
Old 10 Apr 2014, 02:49 (Ref:3390694)   #88
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
On RLM Hoy was talking about how he needed to slim down his thighs to get comfortable in the car! Seems obvious in hindsight, but I think RJN have missed a trick here. There's a much bigger weight saving to be had if they took out the engine and gave him bike pedals directly connected to the prop-shaft.

Haha, that would be something!

On a serious note, his alleged peak output was 2483W, which is around 3.3hp
Old 10 Apr 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3390711)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post

but how would they measure fuel consumption? however the green lobby would love it
Old 10 Apr 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3390781)   #90
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
RJN not JRM Rodger
Oops, yes, thanks for that - that's what you get for relying on information from people giving it out before embargoes!
Old 14 Apr 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3392365)   #91
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking of following British GT for the first time this year. Anyone know the best jumping on point?
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3392385)   #92
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DailySportscar will have the best online written coverage.

What else do you think you need to know before 'jumping on' ?
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3393397)   #93
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a spotter guide available for this year's entrants? I couldn't see anything on Andy's website but then again I only looked briefly. I'm dragging a kid to his first ever motor race and would dearly love to have a guide for him.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3393405)   #94
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Sorry, there won't be an official one. In years past I've made one with photos from Saturday practice but I can only go on Monday this year. But I'm sure someone will do similar if you check back Saturday or Sunday.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3393544)   #95
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Sorry, there won't be an official one. In years past I've made one with photos from Saturday practice but I can only go on Monday this year. But I'm sure someone will do similar if you check back Saturday or Sunday.
OK, will do.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3394853)   #96
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I notice we now have two Nissans on the entry list for Oulton. Struggling to figure out who withdrew so the Strata21 car could get in...
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3394876)   #97
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota GT4 is out...
Old 19 Apr 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3395151)   #98
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.racing.gt/2014/04/british...razy-accident/

The situation surrounding this accident is really unacceptable, glad no one was hurt. Hope Triple 8 can get the Z4 out again for Monday.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3395167)   #99
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...2ACOw4bo8#t=90 the accident in question...

Reminds me of the time I was up at Knockhill and watching Minis in practice a few years ago - one spun to the inside of Leslie's at the rallycross entrance, sure enough 5 mins late another one joins him!
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3395196)   #100
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
http://www.racing.gt/2014/04/british...razy-accident/

The situation surrounding this accident is really unacceptable, glad no one was hurt. Hope Triple 8 can get the Z4 out again for Monday.
I wasn't at Britten's today so can't comment on the specifics - but it is always a difficult judgment call when deciding whether or not to stop a race or session. If you wave the red flag for everything, you'll get stick for cutting track time. If you occasionally run the risk, you'll occasionally find that "relatively safe" position you thought the car was in wasn't safe enough - as happened today. The probability of someone else going off in the same spot with such precision to hit a stationary car is statistically low. If the car isn't on or very close to the track, it's a judgment call, and it's only a bad call if that low probability happens.

The Devil's Advocate in me says that if Lee Mowles hadn't made a mistake (which, by his own admission, he did) then we wouldn't have had a problem. The consequences of the mistake were made worse by the presence of a car already being there - a similar mistake at some corners (with lots of run-off) would have gone unpunished; at some corners (with no run-off) they could have been the same.

Ultimately, in my view, it's racing. As I said, I don't know what information Bernie Cottrell had when making his decision - but I do know that he has sufficient experience in his role to balance the information he has and make a justifiable decision. At the time, he'd have thought it was the right call and would have been able to justify it. Unless you want to see sessions neutralised every 2 minutes, that's the risk you have to run in racing.