Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Apr 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3396248)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
20 Years Of Ayrton Senna's Legacy

The eternal idol for F1 fans and millions of people around the world.

The man beyond the driver.

Watch: 20 Years of Ayrton Senna's Legacy

I'm glad to be part of it, and you can be one too.

Tribute
Old 21 Apr 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3396249)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 21 Apr 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3396251)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for both links.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3396280)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, many thanks from me too.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3396298)   #5
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Simply the Best
Old 21 Apr 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3396300)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Nice one ! Thank you Bon...
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3396315)   #7
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The best ever, that's why he is in my avatar!
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3396335)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Very nice post Bon... Ayrton, along with Gilles, were my idols when I was young.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3396337)   #9
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Both. Never forgotten. Brilliant.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:29 (Ref:3396394)   #10
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm at work on my cell but need to check this out later.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3396452)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Remember Roland Ratzenberger.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3396472)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Yes that was very sad .......
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3396623)   #13
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Nice memorial site.

http://www.roland-ratzenberger.com

Not by me, just been in my bookmarks for a long while, Its not in English but fairly simple to see and make out what they are saying. the photo gallery goes through his whole career.

Remember it like it was yesterday. very sad weekend.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3396631)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Both links were very interesting thank you for posting them
Old 22 Apr 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3396765)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's been a couple of years since I'm involved with some IAS programs. I take part of the Education and Technology Programs, which are divided in two projects : Connected School and Connected Community.
I give my experience, knowledge and part of my time developing and executing projects for "Connected Community", as right now it's related to my job and my company has direct interest to such social programs.
http://senna.globo.com/institutoayrt...tecnologia.asp
I found out that as a human being is more rewarding and satisfying when you help people through such actions than earning money from the same task.
Having this linked to something I love, Formula One, and share it with someone I love, has been very very important in many aspects of my life.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3396801)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
It is fantastic that you devote your time to do this, and a bonus that your company and coworkers share your interests, Bon.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3396960)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I'm at work on my cell but need to check this out later.
You're posting from in prison?????!!!!!!!!
Old 23 Apr 2014, 01:44 (Ref:3397013)   #18
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice video.

Personally I cannot believe it has been that long. Makes me feel much older now.

For me that was the day the music died. Life was never the same again, motor racing never the same again. That was the day the naivete and optimism of my youth was stripped away and I realized what a cruel and harsh place the world could be. I think I kinda of knew that, but it was one of those incidents that snaps you out of it. Here was someone who was the best in the world and boom next second he was dead. I saw the whole thing live early in the morning on ESPN.

Strangely I had driven a race car for my first time the week previous, so I remember that period of my life very well and believe me I have been thinking about all that and the passage of time since. It's an odd feeling, in some ways I feel the passage of time and in others it seems like last week.

The example he set I believe is that you have to do what you love and be dedicated to being a success and through that you'll make a positive impact on the world and leave the world a better place.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 05:02 (Ref:3397560)   #19
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched Imola live and remember the coverage showing the Williams rolling away from the fence damaged and thinking to myself " Hill's had an accident" simply because Ayrton never did.

I also remember telling friends over dinner two nights earlier after watching Ruben's high flying crash that F1 cars are very safe these days.....
Old 25 Apr 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3398177)   #20
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Nice video.

Personally I cannot believe it has been that long. Makes me feel much older now.

For me that was the day the music died. Life was never the same again, motor racing never the same again. That was the day the naivete and optimism of my youth was stripped away and I realized what a cruel and harsh place the world could be. I think I kinda of knew that, but it was one of those incidents that snaps you out of it. Here was someone who was the best in the world and boom next second he was dead. I saw the whole thing live early in the morning on ESPN.

Strangely I had driven a race car for my first time the week previous, so I remember that period of my life very well and believe me I have been thinking about all that and the passage of time since. It's an odd feeling, in some ways I feel the passage of time and in others it seems like last week.

The example he set I believe is that you have to do what you love and be dedicated to being a success and through that you'll make a positive impact on the world and leave the world a better place.

Very well said! i think a lot of people feel the same.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3398217)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is a lot of Senna programming on sky F1, including some cracking old races.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3398748)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although the first one was less 1984 Monaco as advertised and more 1981 Silverstone.

The rest are, probably:
27th April 9pm Portugal 1985
28th April 9pm USA 1987
29th April 9pm Japan 1988
30th April 9pm Monaco 1992
1st May 1pm Europe 1993
1st May 5pm Spain 1986
1st May 9pm Brazil 1991

Last edited by Adam43; 27 Apr 2014 at 11:43.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3398763)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah I was disappointed with Monaco '84.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3398921)   #24
saaben
Rookie

saaben should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stood next to Ayrton Senna in the paddock at Cadwell Park, after he had crashed in practice for the F3 race and spare cars were not allowed back then,so he was a non starter,

Yesterday at Croft (sat) there was his FF2000 being raced still in yellow and black with Banerj in white letters on the side.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3399968)   #25
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
tomorrow it is 20 years ago... but today 20 years ago another fine driver passed away, Roland Ratzenberger.