Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 1 1.96%
8 0 0%
7 7 13.73%
6 15 29.41%
5 14 27.45%
4 6 11.76%
3 4 7.84%
2 2 3.92%
1 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3396321)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Chinese Grand Prix

What score do you give for the Grand Prix?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3396330)   #2
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I gave it a six.
It was always going to be a let down after Bahrain but they come only occasionally.
However there was little movement in the whole race, and while it promised more, none of it happened.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3396342)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I went with 7, simply for the incredible drives by Hamilton and Alonso. I also really enjoyed the enthusiasm of the crowd!
Old 21 Apr 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3396358)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5 for me. thoroughly average but it must be said that average isnt the same as saying bad.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3396396)   #5
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the race was running, I decided I would give it a 4 due to the stagnated nature of it. However, as it progressed and I looked more at what was happening, it clawed back a couple of points. Alonso with a fantastic drive, almost able to hang onto second, Ricciardo beating Vettel on merit (despite what Sebastian may say), and a few other interesting little tussles down the field.

Added to that, I like that the "new" teams are starting to play a bit more with the big boys, and Kobayashi's overtake of Vettel was just hilarious.

I should knock a point off for the premature flag wave, but it didn't affect it too much. Had Ricciardo caught Alonso and passed him on the last lap, I'd say RBR would be heading back towards the court of appeal to try and retain another podium for poor old Dan
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3396399)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Decent race, although tailed off from about lap 40. A 6.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3396412)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. OK, but a disappointment after Bahrain. Would have been 5 but for Ricciardo stuffing the Tough Luck Kid.......
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3396442)   #8
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gave it a 4, though thinking now perhaps a 5 would have been more appropriate. Bit of a let down after the drama and action of Bahrain and previous Chinese GPs.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3396445)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6. Not so good as it should be, but not that bad.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 22:16 (Ref:3396451)   #10
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
6. Not so good as it should be, but not that bad.
A 6 for me too, but I'd change the "should" to 'could'.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3396464)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bahrain was always going to be a hard act to follow, after China and I was hoping for something to materialise, through the Chinese smog; some intersting tyre stops. 5.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3396480)   #12
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 22 Apr 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3396497)   #13
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5. Fell asleep during the broadcast and wanted to again during the replay later in the morning. Started nodding when the Williams Team screwed the pooch.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3396518)   #14
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1 - I fell asleep almost.

Interestingly I think there was only something like 1 or 2 yellow flags during the whole race. Only GP I can remember that had fewer was the "Tyregate" US GP at Indy which had 1 yellow at the first corner.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 08:52 (Ref:3396557)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
6 - Not a classic by any means, but it was the Red Bull mini drama that enlivened it a little towards the end.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3396572)   #16
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
1 - I fell asleep almost.
Agreed. I would have given it 0 if that was available. An absolute bore-fest that demonstrated Bahrain was sadly a one off

To those who give these kinds of races 6s, 7s and 8s... may I suggest you take a visit to your local kart track to see what wheel to wheel racing actually is !
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3396622)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Had to listen to it in a hotel in silverstone on the radio, started off exciting but got bored quick,, gave it a 4
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3396644)   #18
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Agreed. I would have given it 0 if that was available. An absolute bore-fest that demonstrated Bahrain was sadly a one off

To those who give these kinds of races 6s, 7s and 8s... may I suggest you take a visit to your local kart track to see what wheel to wheel racing actually is !
I think you should probably wait for the end of season before saying Bahrain was a one-off. Still many races to go, and it NR get a decent start and stays with LH, we may get another thriller.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:25 (Ref:3396667)   #19
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Seems I've gone with the majority in giving it a 6 - very unlikely to have lived up to Bahrein, of course. The somewhat hectic first lap (is this the sort of "wheel-to-wheel" racing you want, davyboy? ) ensured that the top runners were somewhat jumbled, and perhaps disadvantaged the Williams - if only psychologically, but other than that I found the way the race played out was interesting, and perhaps indicative that the non-Merc teams are starting to fumble their way through the new technical issues facing them.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3396700)   #20
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I'm assuming you're talking about short-circuit kart racing, but I would think everyone who has an interest in motorsport knows what kart racing is all about.
To prefer kart racing is one thing, but to be disappointed and even bored if some long circuit car racing doesn't emulate karting, whether it be F1 or anything else, is hard for me to understand to be quite frank.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3396716)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about short-circuit kart racing, but I would think everyone who has an interest in motorsport knows what kart racing is all about.
To prefer kart racing is one thing, but to be disappointed and even bored if some long circuit car racing doesn't emulate karting, whether it be F1 or anything else, is hard for me to understand to be quite frank.
I guess my point is - to warrant a decent rating I would like to see a decent, entertaining race. With the exception of the first few corners, last Sunday was a 56 lap procession. That's why I - and many others - were bored with it.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3396727)   #22
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
4, not very entertaining to watch after the Bahrain grand prix.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3396741)   #23
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
6 - Not a classic by any means, but it was the Red Bull mini drama that enlivened it a little towards the end.
Good to see that I wasn't the only one who found that entertaining. IT did liven things up.

I'd go with a 6 as well. I suppose it was a bit of letdown compared to Bahrain - but we couldn't expect a repeat of that because it sort of relied on Hamilton and Rosberg qualifying 1 and 2. Seeing Alonso and Rosberg battle to get on the podium did provide some entertainment. There were some pretty decent overtakes in the race. Not a classic - but not a snoozefest either.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3396764)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

And yet, there continues to be an F1 forum with many posts. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3396833)   #25
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso did his best.