Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Jul 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3102856)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup Round 17: Coke Zero (FireCracker) 400-Daytona International Speedway

Hopefully, JPM won't provide the fireworks this time at the world center of speed!

JAYSKI

<---where'd that come from?
Old 6 Jul 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3102937)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just watched some of the garage-cam footage at NASCAR.com for the first time and wow, they've brought out some really nice paint schemes for this race.

I told myself I wouldn't stay up all night this year (hey, I'm getting too old for all-nighters) but now I think I'll have to watch both the Nationwide and the Cup races live and just pay the price
Old 7 Jul 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3103562)   #3
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

BREAKING NEWS: A.J. Allmendinger has failed a random drug test and has been indefinitely suspended by NASCAR. Sam Hornish Jr. will race the 22 Shell/Pennzoil car tonight.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3103564)   #4
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
BREAKING NEWS: A.J. Allmendinger has failed a random drug test and has been indefinitely suspended by NASCAR. Sam Hornish Jr. will race the 22 Shell/Pennzoil car tonight.
Assuming it gets confirmed (Allmendinger can still request that they test the B sample), talk about wasting a great opportunity.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3103565)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Let's hope it's cough medicine and this can be cleared up in the fullness of time.

Yeah, I know the odds of this being resolved like that are.....
Old 7 Jul 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3103566)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
TNT's Mr Petty suggested that Mr Hornish wasnt at the track... wonder who else might replace Mr Allmendinger?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Jul 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3103571)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
TNT's Mr Petty suggested that Mr Hornish wasnt at the track... wonder who else might replace Mr Allmendinger?
Well he is now, jumping off the jet that just landed and already dressed in his driver's suit
Old 7 Jul 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3103574)   #8
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no words for this. I'm hoping there's some mistake, but it's very doubtful. Hopefully it doesn't become a Mayfield situation all over again. I wonder who will become the new driver. Hornish is running for the NNS championship, so he's doubtful for the #22.

Of course, this is all assuming that it ends up being an indefinite one like other drivers failing drug tests.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 02:32 (Ref:3103602)   #9
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, what a move by Smoke in Turn 2.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 07:54 (Ref:3103646)   #10
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My son asked me: "Dad, why do you watch NASCAR on the 'plate tracks if you hate them so much?"

Hours later and I still cannot come up with a reasonable answer. This is bugging me.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3103924)   #11
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It was a great win from Stewart.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3103944)   #12
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
My son asked me: "Dad, why do you watch NASCAR on the 'plate tracks if you hate them so much?"

Hours later and I still cannot come up with a reasonable answer. This is bugging me.
You and I are not the only ones, look at the crowd at Daytona last night. Not only were the 57,000 seats on the backstretch empty as in years past, but turn 1 and the Earnhardt/Petty Towers had a lot of empty seats.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3103974)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I wonder who will become the new driver. Hornish is running for the NNS championship, so he's doubtful for the #22.
other than promoting a driver from another (lower) Cup team to run, i don't see why Hornish shouldn't be selected. Running Cup for half a year is not going to give him a shot at the Cup championship, so he doesn't need to relinquish his bid to get the NW championship. It might even give him another chance to show what he's got in Cup and get picked up by another team fulltime for next year, or promoted to the 22 Cup seat fulltime.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3104541)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ambrose copped a hard lick in that late race crash - spewing for him, another top 10 was on the cards...
What drugs did AJ do?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3105436)   #15
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Ambrose copped a hard lick in that late race crash - spewing for him, another top 10 was on the cards...
What drugs did AJ do?
NASCAR won't reveal that, so we'd have to rely on the jungle drum (read: Jayski).

Allmendinger has asked for the B sample to be tested, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3105521)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't understand why NASCAR isn't releasing the substance. This dead silence from NASCAR results in a lot of speculation.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3105525)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why doesn't AJ talk?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3105546)   #18
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too stoned?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3105596)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
A stimulant caused AJ Allmendinger to test positive for banned substances, his business manager has said.

While the Penske driver continues to await the result of a test of his 'B' sample taken on June 29 during the Sprint Cup event at Kentucky Speedway, Tara Ragan, vice president of Walldinger Racing Inc, has confirmed that a non-specified stimulant was detected in the driver's 'A' sample, leading to his temporary suspension from NASCAR, effective since last weekend's race at Daytona.

"AJ tested positive for a stimulant," Ragan said in the statement issued Wednesday. "He has no idea why the first test was positive, and he has never knowingly taken any prohibited substance. AJ is collecting his medicines and supplements for testing to determine whether an over the counter product caused his positive test.

"AJ and all of us at Walldinger Racing respect NASCAR's testing program, and he has requested that his 'B' sample be tested as part of the process of getting to the bottom of this.

"We will have the opportunity to review all of the scientific data surrounding the test following the 'B' sample test, but our understanding is that AJ's test was slightly above the threshold.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101137
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3105951)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
How long does it take to test the b sample - they have had it for 2 weeks!
Old 13 Jul 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3105964)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Not until next week:
Quote:
Allmendinger bringing experts to test: People familiar with AJ Allmendinger's suspension say the NASCAR driver has elected to bring his own experts to witness the testing of his "B" urine sample. Allmendinger was suspended by NASCAR on Saturday for failing a random drug test. He has said he tested positive for a stimulant he did not reveal, and has insisted he never "knowingly" took a banned substance. Under NASCAR's drug policy, an individual can bring in experts for the second test. Two people familiar with the case told The Associated Press that Allmendinger has chosen to bring a toxicologist and an attorney. They spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday because the process is confidential. Because Allmendinger is bringing his own people, the test of the sample will not occur until next week.(Associated Press)(7-12-2012)