Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 10 Jul 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1959990)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Lotus Exige Police Car!

Was driving through East Grinstead this morning and was most surprised to see this!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04340.jpg  
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:24 (Ref:1960055)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My God, they'll stick a flourescant chessboard to anything these days won't they...

Nice, but not as impressive as the 'Police' Ferrari 612 Scaglietti at Goodwood.

(Which reminds me, I really ought to upload my photos sometime...)
Old 10 Jul 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1960135)   #3
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chase the criminal
Catch the criminal
wait 10 minutes for the patrol van to turn up.
or can you handcuff them to the spoiler
Old 10 Jul 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1960143)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Hmm, some firms/plods will do anything for publicity. Silly boys.

Jim
Old 10 Jul 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1960219)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It was at Goodwood this year as part of a speed camera/safety display. Judging by the cars in the background you saw the same display.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1960266)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We've had a yellow one in service in Sydney for a little while now...
Old 11 Jul 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1960904)   #7
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i saw a police 944 (I think) in Watford many mooons ago and way back in the 70's there was one force that had a GT6
Old 11 Jul 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1960996)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Essex police tested the RS200

At least one force has Evos - there was one at Combe for rallyday a couple of years back.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1961927)   #9
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW

Jim
thats something you can brag about, our police force raves about equality, well 5 foot tall men and women who dont seem to do their job is great for publicity.
Old 16 Jul 2007, 03:29 (Ref:1964045)   #10
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
one of my last big bike trips was to bicycle down the west coast of the US, Oregon, California and I remember seeing a great sounding Mustang police car, something you'd never see in my area of Canada, so it really stood out and the guy had his foot in it a bit as well which added to the surprise of a black and white muscle car. (was maybe in '94)
Old 16 Jul 2007, 06:11 (Ref:1964092)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Something like this, you mean?

On the subject of more exotic police cars, may I bring to your attention this stunning Lamborghini Gallardo, used by Italian police?

Or this Porsche 911 Carrera S?

Then of course America came and out-did all of that:

Then, for those environmentally aware policemen and women, there is:

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Jul 2007, 14:48 (Ref:1967521)   #12
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as for the Mustang, yup, pretty much like that, only an older model. Was quite a surprise though at the time, the cops must have competitions to see who gets that "squad car" over the regular ones.(not to mention the Lambo or the Porsche--speaking of which, what a giant whach-of-a-wall-flashing light setup on the Porsche, geez, you'd think they'd put something more aerodynamic for zee autobahn ja?
Old 19 Jul 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1967756)   #13
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It can probably cope with it though!

I seem to recall one force in Britain having a V8 Lotus Esprit too.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 10:32 (Ref:1969765)   #14
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Porkers wheels suggest its a modified car..maybe a RUF or Gemballa or something? but some very nice squad car ride, the Lotus looks revolting... but where do I sign up?

Last edited by Bullett; 22 Jul 2007 at 10:34.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 15:34 (Ref:1970165)   #15
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW

Jim
Funny you should say that. I was doing a car display at the Eastbourne Motorshow for a local motor club. Tim Mizen (stock hatch driver) and myself were both displaying our race cars. The police were also there, about three stalls down from us displaying a variety of police vehicles, including the Lotus in question. At the front of there stand was a Gatso camera. Tim pointed to camera and said to one of the officers "You won't make many friends with that there!" To which the copper, totally devoid of humour replied "We ain't here to make friends."

Just as well with that attitude!
Old 23 Jul 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1971254)   #16
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mini Pace Car at Thruxton 22/07/07

Last edited by gachjoel; 27 Jul 2008 at 20:11.
Old 23 Jul 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1971448)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
errr... that's not a police car?
Old 23 Jul 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1971456)   #18
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
errr... that's not a police car?
yeah but it got pretty flashing blue lights
Old 24 Jul 2007, 05:36 (Ref:1971721)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
As does this
Old 24 Jul 2007, 21:18 (Ref:1972524)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have an Impreza police car round here.

Hardly impressive as they are vulgar cars and quite common in the force, but I just wanted to let you all know that Cumbria isn't so far behind civilisation as it seems!
Old 24 Jul 2007, 22:04 (Ref:1972554)   #21
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some have Evo's
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/19/f...inner-makinen/

Dutch have a Spyker!
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/15/b...c8-police-car/
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1973492)   #22
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Chatters]Then of course America came and out-did all of that:

Could have real fun with that pic but I fear the forum mods would lynch me...
Old 25 Jul 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1973509)   #23
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That cop looks nothing like Pete - I don't know how you can say that!

Old 21 Dec 2008, 11:03 (Ref:2359184)   #24
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Europa S

Yesterday I paused...besides a black Exige-ish looking device..but surprised to see it stickered "Europa S" wtf
Old 2 Dec 2009, 11:16 (Ref:2592765)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
On the subject of more exotic police cars, may I bring to your attention this stunning Lamborghini Gallardo, used by Italian police?

Oooopsie...