Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Aug 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3442880)   #3126
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
More so than the confines of the 200 mph+ Mulsanne straight?

Maybe, maybe not, but its fast track with banking.

Maybe 220 possibly?
Old 9 Aug 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3442886)   #3127
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They did 345kmh at Le Mans right? Thats 214mph! Imagine theyd go as fast or faster.
Old 9 Aug 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3442889)   #3128
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
No I'm dreaming of three WEC races in America Minimum.
That´s just silly . When all the countries in the world have a round of the WEC there then you can start thinking about repeating
Old 9 Aug 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3442902)   #3129
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
That´s just silly . When all the countries in the world have a round of the WEC there then you can start thinking about repeating
All countries aren't equal in the eyes of. North America is a huge market for all of these manufacturers. Would you prefer a WEC round in Jordan or 12 hours of Sebring?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 03:43 (Ref:3442919)   #3130
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
It looks like we can turn the clock back to 2007 when Acura took on Prototype racing to draw attention to the fact of them going Tier 1.(cancelled Dec 2008)

Decision are being made now by AHM/HNA to sponsor semi works teams and that's why a few Indy teams are jumping on to the ARX-04b bandwagon.
(the A stands for Acura)

Bergman now runs Acura and he believes in racing on Sunday and selling on Monday.And Acura really needs to improve it's image.

The problem is that the teams want to win and to do that they must race WEC but Honda wants most of them to race TUSCC.(If NASCAR wants the 4-5 ARX-04b in their series next year they better fix the BOP)

At the moment the only team to say they will race TUSCC next year is SPM.
ESM,Andretti and RLL are looking into WEC.

Also there are teams waiting for the full on factory NSX GTE/GT3 program in 2016/17.(need rule changes to allow hybrid).
What are the chances that Honda designed a special suspencion for the TUSC's Continental tires in the ARX-04b?
A special suspencion that helps them to rapid heat the tires and allows to maintain the same current race pace.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3443018)   #3131
Jack Spratt
Rookie

Jack Spratt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's probably bad forum etiquette to quote yourself but it bears repeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Spratt View Post
There is so much dis-information, (not mis-information), in this thread that it is mind boggling.

Conjecture, rumor and fantasy meet gullible.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3443023)   #3132
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There is so much dis-information, (not mis-information), in this thread that it is mind boggling.

Conjecture, rumor and fantasy meet gullible.
I'll quote you for you. Just in case.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3443109)   #3133
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A few pages back you stated that you knew who I am.
Ew ... I do, I do. Your wife can eat no lean!

See, I probably know you better.

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3443227)   #3134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok enough. Get over yourselves. Any more of this garbage and whoever annoys me the most (and it may be more than one) gets a holiday. Clear?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3443321)   #3135
Jack Spratt
Rookie

Jack Spratt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ok enough. Get over yourselves. Any more of this garbage and whoever annoys me the most (and it may be more than one) gets a holiday. Clear?
Fair enough, I'm not actively pursuing it on here any longer.

Just so you understand, it's going way beyond this forum regardless. There are people whose livelihoods and reputations depend on information staying within the company and if it looks like there is a problem then they take it very seriously.

Beyond that, anyone here can choose to enjoy information supplied by others and can also choose whether or not it is true. The shame is that I know several people on here who genuinely do have real knowledge of some of the true inside goings on and yet some others don't want to believe it.

If I annoy you with this reply then no doubt it won't be seen and so be it.
Old 12 Aug 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3443668)   #3136
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
No I'm dreaming of three WEC races in America Minimum.
There was a time when Daytona 24, Sebring 12 and Watkins Glen 6 were all part of the international endurance circuit. The cars were pretty nifty back then too, FCY's unheard of. Times have changed so much
Old 13 Aug 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3444073)   #3137
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Apparently the ACO/FIA aren't
Wrong. They absolutely are. Talks are already underway for a second 2016 round.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 19 Aug 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3445430)   #3138
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Andretti Racing pulling out of Sports Car Racing was a shame but the reason is more complex than most would think.
It wasn't just one reason.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3445441)   #3139
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I'm assuming budget and talent weren't in place? Schedule not line up ideally?

The one I'm most curious about is whether or not Andretti's thoughts next year's rules had an impact on the decision.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3445445)   #3140
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe they were counting on signing Pagenaud in Indycar. In additino to budget issues. Montagny-Pagenaud would be unstoppable.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3445523)   #3141
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Montagny-Pagenaud would be unstoppable.
As long as you can camouflage the GTD Audis, otherwise Montagny might get ideas!
Old 20 Aug 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3445735)   #3142
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
What I'm hearing why Andretti backed away from P2 in 2015.

Most of it is because the IMSA/ACO have not set 2015 Rules/BOP yet.

Some of the complex reasons.

1)BOP of the P2 and DP in America.

2)ACO has not yet to announce whether they will allow ALL-PRO teams in P2 next year.

3)There are also rules about how much factory backing help a WEC P2 team can get.

When Andretti announced his P2 program,he thought all this would be decided by now and it's not!
Old 20 Aug 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3445749)   #3143
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
What I'm hearing why Andretti backed away from P2 in 2015.

Most of it is because the IMSA/ACO have not set 2015 Rules/BOP yet.

Some of the complex reasons.

1)BOP of the P2 and DP in America.

2)ACO has not yet to announce whether they will allow ALL-PRO teams in P2 next year.

3)There are also rules about how much factory backing help a WEC P2 team can get.

When Andretti announced his P2 program,he thought all this would be decided by now and it's not!
Excuse me?

Andretti never announced a P(2) program nor confirmed the plans to start one, all that was published was that they were expected to close in on one.

It was always about TUSC, not WEC - so no (direct) business with the ACO, just IMSA. See http://racer.com/imsa/item/104153-im...ototype-return

Class rules are laid out until 2016 and BoP is done whenever IMSA feels like it (and therefor almost on a race-by-race routine).

Pro line up concerns are not relevant since they are allowed in TUSC.

Factory support as in manufacturer run teams is not allowed - pretty much anything else is in TUSC (look at Ford and GM).

So much for being an insider...
Old 20 Aug 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3445759)   #3144
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Maybe announced is being interpreted differently. I announce to Tire Rack when I want to buy some tires. I don't announce it to other people. While announcements are typically reserved for confirmations in this environment, there's nothing to say it's the only way of using it.

Just because racer reported on one aspect of the story doesn't mean there weren't other facets. Maybe I'm being naive, but is it that far fetched to think that Andretti ALSO wanted to run WEC, and therefore was concerned about rule sets between the two? Yes I know you can change for the two series (ESM at COTO) but wouldn't it be easier just to run as identical as possible for both?

As far as the BOP, it is possible that IMSA not being forth coming with their BOP changes gave Andretti enough heart burn to back away from the project. It sounds like you guys are both saying the same thing different ways...Not really different enough to dismiss someone as having information..
Old 20 Aug 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3445761)   #3145
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Excuse me?

Andretti never announced a P(2) program nor confirmed the plans to start one, all that was published was that they were expected to close in on one.

It was always about TUSC, not WEC - so no (direct) business with the ACO, just IMSA. See http://racer.com/imsa/item/104153-im...ototype-return

Class rules are laid out until 2016 and BoP is done whenever IMSA feels like it (and therefor almost on a race-by-race routine).

Pro line up concerns are not relevant since they are allowed in TUSC.

Factory support as in manufacturer run teams is not allowed - pretty much anything else is in TUSC (look at Ford and GM).

So much for being an insider...

Andretti will not race TUSCC with the NASCAR backed DP is BOP to win and that will not change.They was hoping the BOP will be fixed by 2015 but with the latest statement from IMSA that this is the best they can do and no more major changes expected.

So was going to take the HPD P2 to WEC.

Can't do that because ACO/WEC doesn't allow ALL-PRO drivers in P2.

Also because it was going to have Honda/HPD backing,that also kills it to race in WEC.

So again the BOP in TUSCC kept them from racing there and the rules at WEC killed the P2 program with Andretti.

To make you happy...that was my thoughts(opinion) after talking with friends at Andretti.

Last edited by Christian Mogami; 20 Aug 2014 at 18:32.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3445764)   #3146
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Troll? Has been a regular contributor for some time now.

L.P.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3445769)   #3147
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, but he questioned Chrstian Mogami's "insider' status with Hinda/HPD ... and Christian mogami is also a long-time contributor with a solid record of not making stuff up and telling the real stuff.

Anyway, it is mostly a question of tone, and on the Internet that is notoriously hard to decipher---I think we mostly read things in our own image because we usually can't tell what the other person was really thinking--but that said, Coach Ep's post did seem a bit over-critical. I'd have given Christian Mogami the benefit of the doubt.

For all we know they were both typing away with giant smiles, and we only think they were really in a net-spat. Who cares anyway? The rest of us got the good information and explanation.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3445773)   #3148
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
If one didn't care, why would one respond?!

L.P.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3445785)   #3149
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No matter what, someone will always be critical.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3445798)   #3150
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
You shouldn't make blanket statements like "No matter what..." <- Definitely a "critical comment" joke about people being critical.

I don't know why, but I feel like I bought into the hype train this time around. As though somehow it would be different. Maybe because it seemed like it had credible parties involved, and not once did someone utter, "If you only know what I know."