Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Apr 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2441625)   #51
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Gibleto View Post
Wayne Boyd would probably have learnt more about car set up and leading races during a year in F Renault, that would of improved his reputation. Currently he is running in lower midfield of F3, been beaten by his team mate who is also an F3 rookie.
T-Sport have a reputation for being particularly good a bringing on young drivers, so I see it as a smart move.

What I don't understand is why they seem to be struggling at the moment. They might have discovered that the engine is not as good as the one they had last year.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2441719)   #52
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened with Sam Abay? Autosport reported he had signed with Hitech.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2441726)   #53
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sam was at Oulton, a car was at Oulton.....the money wasn't
Old 15 Apr 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2441728)   #54
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
I think Daniel McKenzie deserves a mention in National Class.
He had pole for both races, set fastest lap in both races and won both races, allbeit the National Class is a bit depleted he did finish 11th and 12th overall.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2442019)   #55
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
I think Daniel McKenzie deserves a mention in National Class.
He had pole for both races, set fastest lap in both races and won both races, allbeit the National Class is a bit depleted he did finish 11th and 12th overall.
You are right his times were good, its a pity its just a stocking filler class.(A very expensive one!)
Old 16 Apr 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2442490)   #56
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great spectacle and i always enjoy the meetings but the races were not brilliant

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 17 Apr 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2442978)   #57
smtfhw
Rookie

smtfhw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I don't understand is why they seem to be struggling at the moment. They might have discovered that the engine is not as good as the one they had last year.

Because, and here I quote Russell Eacott, T-Sport boss, in a despairing moment at the Silverstone test before they even went to Oulton,
Quote:
it's Oulton and we're always cr*p at Oulton...
Old 17 Apr 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2443119)   #58
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sergio Perez, Rodolfo Gonzalez and Karun Chandhok all had poor rounds at Oulton with T-sport if I remember correctly. I don't think it will continue the whole year like this!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2444811)   #59
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the Motors TV coverage last night, which confirmed what I'd felt trackside; the racing was pretty processional.

Ricciardo seems likely to be the man to challenge with Tandy his only convincing opponent. The move Tandy made on Nakajima going up Clay Hill was superb and his general attacking style (Carroll-esque?) is fantastic to watch. JTR have done a brilliant job with the Mygale.

I was disappointed on the day that Boyd was off the pace. From my vantage point the car seemed quite unsettled, but as has been said, hopefully T-Sport will improve. Nakajima acquitted himself quite well I thought.

Can someone explain to me Chilton's thinking (no jokes) in dropping back in race 1? I couldn't see the logic as it only served to exacerbate the penalty.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2444958)   #60
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
What other than to block Nick Tandy?
Old 19 Apr 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2444985)   #61
Sideswipe
Rookie

Sideswipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies View Post

Can someone explain to me Chilton's thinking (no jokes) in dropping back in race 1? I couldn't see the logic as it only served to exacerbate the penalty.
Well, according to him in the team, at first he was told it was a 15 sec penalty and therefore he was pushing very hard to make the gap (like Rossi at Phillip Island) but then the team realised it was a full minute penalty. I think his tyres where going of and so the guys behind were slowly reeling him in and Chilton backed off and let the guys behind through as to not interfere with the battle behind involving team-mate Riccardo which after the time penalty had been issued, he would have no involvement in.

THe extra minute would put him well out of the points so there was no adverse effect of him dropping the pace he was setting
Old 20 Apr 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2445459)   #62
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
through as to not interfere with the battle behind involving team-mate Riccardo which after the time penalty had been issued, he would have no involvement in.
Well Tandy seemed alot further back from Ricciardo after Chilton had finished 'not interfering'.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2446217)   #63
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies View Post
Ricciardo seems likely to be the man to challenge with Tandy his only convincing opponent. The move Tandy made on Nakajima going up Clay Hill was superb and his general attacking style (Carroll-esque?) is fantastic to watch. JTR have done a brilliant job with the Mygale.
I too was impressed with Tandy's attacking driving-style.

I was at Old Hall and he was all over the outside kerb kicking up dust every lap in pursuit of Ricciardo. Spectacular stuff.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2446290)   #64
50-SIX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I too was impressed with Tandy's attacking driving-style.

I was at Old Hall and he was all over the outside kerb kicking up dust every lap in pursuit of Ricciardo. Spectacular stuff.
Yep, and watching it on Motors he seemed to be ringing the neck of the car to catch him. First time I've seen a modern day F3 drifted through Cascades, nice!
Old 21 Apr 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2446325)   #65
sleeper19
Rookie

sleeper19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50-SIX View Post
Yep, and watching it on Motors he seemed to be ringing the neck of the car to catch him. First time I've seen a modern day F3 drifted through Cascades, nice!
I like the move Tandy did on Chilton on the first lap of race2, around the outside of Island bend on coldish tyres, ballsy to say the least.

Especially like it after what Chilton/Carlin got up to in race 1.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2446577)   #66
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper19 View Post
I like the move Tandy did on Chilton on the first lap of race2, around the outside of Island bend on coldish tyres, ballsy to say the least.

Especially like it after what Chilton/Carlin got up to in race 1.
I'd guess the two events were not unconnected.

I've said it before in this thread or another, but I don't mind saying it again. I'm rooting for Nick this year. He's the David against Goliath in this struggle.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2446934)   #67
50-SIX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I've said it before in this thread or another, but I don't mind saying it again. I'm rooting for Nick this year. He's the David against Goliath in this struggle.
Seconded!
Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2446989)   #68
sleeper19
Rookie

sleeper19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Fair do strider, you did pick Nick from the start. I too hope JTR can keep taking the fight to Carlin through the whole season.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2447147)   #69
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Well one is an under talented, under achieving very rich kid; the other is a determined, under funded but highly talented street fighter! It's not hard to guess who the "average" ordinary race fan is going to get behind. Sadly though in this sport a lot of money and a little talent usually goes much further than a lot of talent and not much money. Motor racing can be a b****!!!

(member of the NT fan club)
Old 23 Apr 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2447679)   #70
zip
Rookie

zip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every single driver on this grid is being financed largely by their family or friends or investors it is the same in nearly all levels of motorsport up until Formula 1. Running a family team is probably for JTR budget circa £ 350,000 and Hitec rumored to have spent in excess of £ 1m cost wise more expensive than a team seat at Carlin, Fortec or T Sport ( Mercedes Engine deal circa £ 80,000 a season tyres Circa £ 50,000 Chassis and spares etc £100,000 ++++ transport, team wages, premises data etc etc etc) .
It is ironic that you believe that an ununtalented driver of 17 could put an F3 car on pole at Oulton by 3 tenths and take a fourth in race 2.
Be jealous of everyone on the grid not single out individuals they are all lucky to be having this oppourtunity and are all extremely priveledged !!
Never met a poor F3 driver !!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2447940)   #71
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip View Post
Every single driver on this grid is being financed largely by their family or friends or investors it is the same in nearly all levels of motorsport up until Formula 1. Running a family team is probably for JTR budget circa £ 350,000 and Hitec rumored to have spent in excess of £ 1m cost wise more expensive than a team seat at Carlin, Fortec or T Sport ( Mercedes Engine deal circa £ 80,000 a season tyres Circa £ 50,000 Chassis and spares etc £100,000 ++++ transport, team wages, premises data etc etc etc) .
It is ironic that you believe that an ununtalented driver of 17 could put an F3 car on pole at Oulton by 3 tenths and take a fourth in race 2.
Be jealous of everyone on the grid not single out individuals they are all lucky to be having this oppourtunity and are all extremely priveledged !!
Never met a poor F3 driver !!
No MC is quick I'll grant you that but then again with the amount of F3 seat time he has had and given the fact he is now in the best team then he should be. Perhaps I was being a tad over mean and I do accept your point of there being no "poor" F3 drivers but I happen to know that the driver that I singled out has had the best of everything right from the start of his karting career and not exactly covered himself in glory!

Mind you he is definately not the only driver on the F3 grid that fits that description and I suppose he cannot help where he comes from. Drivers like Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna weren't exactly paupers but I admire them a great deal. I don't wish MC or any other driver bad karma and would be more than happy to change my opinion if he proves me wrong.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2448062)   #72
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm rooting for real poor in BF3, NBE, Lloyd, hopefully Team West-Tec with NBE...
Are your data about Merc engine lease for 2009 are confirmed zip?

C'mon NBE!!!!