Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Apr 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2446608)   #101
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Awesome weekend for Marcos Martinez - never heard of him

Yes, looking forward to the live coverage of the Monaco race
Monaco not live, sadly... it'll be on at 2130BST on Sunday evening...
Old 21 Apr 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2446613)   #102
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Compared to the previous years coverage, that will surfice !
Old 22 Apr 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2446994)   #103
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is there a picture of Brendon Hartley on the podium with Pentus and van der Drift?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2447094)   #104
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Why is there a picture of Brendon Hartley on the podium with Pentus and van der Drift?
Podium for the rookies i guess
Old 22 Apr 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2447274)   #105
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
F3 Rocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Pentus won the Rookie cup, the leading rookie at half way through the season gets to drive the Renault F1 demo car
Old 22 Apr 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2447292)   #106
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
F3 Rocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
Blimey, this thread has been busy this weekend!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see any of the TV coverage this weekend, but I have been swatting up on all the race reports on the 'net.

First of all, it wasn't exactly the best start for the two title favourites - Pic and Molina. Molina was on the wrong end of a team mistake and never really recovered from it whilst Pic made a silly error before the sprint race had even started, which could prove crucial at the end of the season. Although I expected Martinez to be up near the front, I didn't expect him to come away with two wins, but he and Pons Racing did a brilliant job all weekend, especially after his mechanical problems on Friday.

I was very impressed with the performances of both Van Der Drift and Turvey this weekend, as well as Zaugg who took two decent points positions despite only being confirmed at Interwetten on the Thursday before the meeting.

Pictures from the weekend have just appeared on Renault-Sport.com and I have to say there are some quite striking liveries this year. The black and yellow of Interwetten.com is probably my favourite closely followed by the two Carlin colours.
I'm suprised you never mentioned Sten Pentus, who beat Van der Drift by the way, who scored a Podium on only his second WSBR race in those treacherous conditions and his team Mofazfortec for their excellent pit work..................... Pentus, second, rookie???????????? not worth a mention??????

Pentus aside I do agree Van de Drift does look good, more podiums to come from that young man
Old 22 Apr 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2447427)   #107
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
... I have to say there are some quite striking liveries this year. The black and yellow of Interwetten.com is probably my favourite closely followed by the two Carlin colours.
I have to agree, I think the Racing Steps Foundation colours of Turvey's car look particularly great on the WSR Dallara.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2447623)   #108
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
I have to agree, I think the Racing Steps Foundation colours of Turvey's car look particularly great on the WSR Dallara.
It is very striking! The livery reminds me a lot of the BMW livery from about 10-15 years ago. Did a 3000 team run something similar for a while too, Rafanelli or some outfit?
Old 23 Apr 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2447887)   #109
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrows/Footwork's livery from '94 looked a bit like Turvey's.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2447911)   #110
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Arrows/Footwork's livery from '94 looked a bit like Turvey's.
It does, doesn't it! Been trying to put my finger on it...

Liking Interwetten's livery too - very Super Nova-esque.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2448042)   #111
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3 Rocks View Post
I'm suprised you never mentioned Sten Pentus, who beat Van der Drift by the way, who scored a Podium on only his second WSBR race in those treacherous conditions and his team Mofazfortec for their excellent pit work..................... Pentus, second, rookie???????????? not worth a mention??????

Pentus aside I do agree Van de Drift does look good, more podiums to come from that young man
True, he did do extremely well when other more experienced racers fell by the wayside so yes definitely worth a mention.

I think Mihai Marinescu should get a quick mention too. He was making the big step up from Formula Renault/Formula BMW and he'd had very little pre-season testing (just 44 laps) but I think he acquitted himself quite well. He had a DNF in the first race, but in the wet second race he finished 13th, gaining 9 spots from his grid position. He also matched his much more experienced team-mate Adrian Zaugg in Qualifying.

AFAIK, he was only confirmed for the first round, but I'd like to see him continue with Interwetten. IMO he has more potential than the likes of Leo, Nebylitskiy, Leal etc.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2448729)   #112
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It is very striking! The livery reminds me a lot of the BMW livery from about 10-15 years ago. Did a 3000 team run something similar for a while too, Rafanelli or some outfit?
I think you mean ORECA when they ran the BMW junior drivers Alex Muller and Dominik Schwager in '98.

http://www.alex-mueller.net/2001/early06.html
http://www.alex-mueller.net/2001/early08.html

The Footwork livery definitely comes to mind for me too.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2448824)   #113
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
AFAIK, he was only confirmed for the first round, but I'd like to see him continue with Interwetten. IMO he has more potential than the likes of Leo, Nebylitskiy, Leal etc.
No sooner than I say that, they go and replace him!

Tobias Hegewald will replace Mihai Marinescu at Interwetten.com for the Spa-Francorchamps round next weekend. Presumably this is so Hegewald can get some experience of the track ahead of the Formula 2 round there in June.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2448828)   #114
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shame... He seemed to have quite a bit of advertising on his car too, although I notice he has been testing the Formula Master car this week as well, so maybe he was just racing the Interwetten car for some experience too (although IFM don't go to Circuit de Catalunya...)
Old 25 Apr 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2449112)   #115
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
His main backers were Petrom and I heard some Romanian oil company has slashed 5000 jobs recently so...
Old 25 Apr 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2449137)   #116
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
True... Then again look at RBS' record losses and they are still sponsoring the Williams F1 team!
Old 25 Apr 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2449142)   #117
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJB View Post
True... Then again look at RBS' record losses and they are still sponsoring the Williams F1 team!
There may be a degree of not wanting to lose face by a sudden withdrawl... there may also be penalties in the contract, whereby the team gets the money, even if the sponsor decides to remove its logos...

Plus, for any bank - especially at the moment - pulling out of a major global deal would send the sort of signals that they really don't want echoing around the stock markets of the world...

mobile phone companies, oil companies etc function on the product's appeal... banks function on trust and reputation... public (and stock market) perception is everything!
Old 25 Apr 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2449376)   #118
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
Well, actually I haven't spotted the change since last year. Just opened his site - beu.ro and he hasn't been running with their sponsorship last season in F.BMW, but still with the same colours as in F.Renault. Sorry for the confusion