Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Aug 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2266056)   #1
drjim
Rookie

drjim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What to say to SWMBO

I am mid build of what was going to be a track day car, but my "doing things properly" implant fired up and I now have FIA seats/belts plumbed fire bottle, proper roll cage and a nice welded up BMW E21 shell. I was going to turbo it for easy power, but then I looked at the BARC NW special/mod saloon regs and realised my car will be eligible. Turbo won't work for the mod saloon regs, and given that it is an E21 it would be cool to enter class E and bag 21 as the race number, so I'm back to a 2L M10 engine on throttle bodies/megasquirt (have all the kit apart from some pistons).

So - if you were in my situation, what would you say to the Wife??
Old 8 Aug 2008, 22:17 (Ref:2266126)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
'wanna come racing with me?'
Old 9 Aug 2008, 00:35 (Ref:2266183)   #3
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SWMBO

You know darling, I have been spending far too much time out there in the workshop doing the thing I love and enjoying myself that I almost forgot about the most important person in my life...I have booked our favourite table at our favourite place tonight...lets go and get you a new outfit

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 9 Aug 2008 at 00:42.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2266222)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
"Darling, you know how much your horses cost, welllllllllll"
Old 9 Aug 2008, 06:59 (Ref:2266223)   #5
drjim
Rookie

Good suggestions guys.

I think a writing off of credit card bills might have to happen!
Old 9 Aug 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2266235)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
When considering going racing I try and stick to the formula of "I won't touch my savings" and if I can't pay for my racing from my salary I won't do it. I generally works now although I must admit that I don't put much money in my savings these days.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 08:27 (Ref:2266239)   #7
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say to the wife:" well darling you know that track day car I was building, I'm now going to be racing instead - do you wish to back me for the season?"
Old 9 Aug 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2266269)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
What about being a man. "Oi *****, I'm going racing so get me flask and make some sandwiches before you do the ironing"
Old 9 Aug 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2266366)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
She said she'd leave me if I carried on racing. I'm going to miss her.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2266368)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Just mentioned this to SWMBO and she said what ****ing business is it of a wife what a husband does with his money. I will sell her to the highest bidder.
Old 9 Aug 2008, 21:40 (Ref:2266519)   #11
drjim
Rookie

All good suggestions, keep em coming!

Almost got the cage fitted today, just need to convince myself the harness bar will fit properly - rather important bit!
Old 9 Aug 2008, 21:46 (Ref:2266525)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjim
All good suggestions, keep em coming!

just need to convince myself the harness bar will fit properly - rather important bit!
Why, do you intend tyeing her to it?
Old 17 Aug 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2270383)   #13
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell her you need a team manager, and she's that person.... a feeling of importance.....
Old 17 Aug 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2270471)   #14
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
"Darling, you know how much your horses cost, welllllllllll"

Yup Darling perfect weeking coming up to spend with your horses.

Me? I will be away in a smelly, dirty, LOUD place. Be hey, Some has to do it.