Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3035936)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Loebs already ticked that one on his CV and is now building his own team for GT racing.
Looks to me like the team will jump straight into the prototype ranks. They have a great line-up for this season in the ELMS with Sarrazin/Minassian/Marroc and I think the foundations are being built to move up to LMP1 when Loeb FINALLY departs the WRC. I personally can't wait!
Old 6 Mar 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3035963)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
.....Yes, that was 8 years ago.
Yep.

I think we can all easily get hung up on this idea that anyone who's set foot in a F1 car will be a God in a sportscar. Not necessarily so. Some of our best sportscar drivers have been those who never really made much of an impression in an F1 car. Hey, what am I saying, Trulli's in then!!!
Old 6 Mar 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3036005)   #28
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What I'd really like to see is sportscars almost doing the reverse and going back to the Group C days where it was a respected series and seen as a way directly into F1.

Obviously that's a tough ask but so many drivers went the sportscar route back then, even up to the mid-to-late ninties with Wurz/Webber/Heidfeld/McNish all using it to get a leg up into the big show.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3036019)   #29
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Honestly, who'd want Kimi as an endurance team-mate?

Damages the car in hr, get bored waiting for the repairs and clears off with ice-cream in hand...
Old 6 Mar 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3036060)   #30
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Jenson should be a superb endurance driver, as he is NOT a car breaker.
I like the idea of enticing Vale over. I'd love him to try it. If he can be persuaded away from rallying. Which leads me onto Sebastian. That is just a matter of waiting, I believe.
Otherwise, no one REALLY excites me.