Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Apr 2024, 01:15 (Ref:4204134)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink

So… Mr Ojeda seems to have lost his enduro ride at Erebus..

Is TFH coming back, or is it gone with Mr Hazelwood out of the big seat?
Is there a synchronicity in TFH’s deal apparently only going for a few rounds, then Mr Kostecki returns?

Is there any causal link between the departure of the Erebus CEO and Mr Kostecki’s return? Or just another weirdo Erebus coincidence?

Will Mr Kostecki run #1 or #99?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Apr 2024, 01:27 (Ref:4204136)   #327
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Is there a synchronicity in TFH’s deal apparently only going for a few rounds, then Mr Kostecki returns?

Is there any causal link between the departure of the Erebus CEO and Mr Kostecki’s return? Or just another weirdo Erebus coincidence?

Actually there’s one more..

How late was this mountain v’s Mohammed moment finalised?
Mr Hazelwood and Mr Le Brocq were testing BMW production endurance cars late last week at Taupo…
Old 8 Apr 2024, 01:59 (Ref:4204138)   #328
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So… Mr Ojeda seems to have lost his enduro ride at Erebus.
Was never confirmed in the first place, he just cut some laps at the test day.
Quote:
Numero uno

Both team and driver have remained consistent throughout the saga, maintaining it was a health issue and giving no other information. If there was another underlying issue, unless somebody breaks ranks, we may never know what it was.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 03:04 (Ref:4204141)   #329
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Soooo, removing Boost labelling fixed the health issue? There must be money in that ...
Old 8 Apr 2024, 03:59 (Ref:4204143)   #330
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Soooo, removing Boost labelling fixed the health issue? There must be money in that ...
Mr Adderton is over the edge on his postings… pished off may not be strong enough a description.

Perhaps he should have said no and taken the Erebutians interfering in a contractual effecting to court…
Old 8 Apr 2024, 04:56 (Ref:4204146)   #331
Jack65
Racer

Boost would have to take Kostecki to court as the sponsorship agreement was between it and the driver, not it and the team. There would likely be a clause in Kostecki's contract with Erebus giving the team the right to veto any personal sponsorship arrangement, or at least prevent any signage appearing while the driver is on Erebus duty.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 05:37 (Ref:4204148)   #332
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
WWOS’s Simon Chapman Shares Insight
Old 8 Apr 2024, 06:01 (Ref:4204150)   #333
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AVL kept the speedcafe story very short……maybe running for cover?

Didn’t AA claim it was a health thing from the start?
Old 8 Apr 2024, 06:39 (Ref:4204154)   #334
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all so bizarre, difficult to understand what's going on... With Brodie's return it seems to get even more confusing. Good to see him back but the whole saga leaves a sour taste. Now interesting to see if he's back with Erebus only until the end of the year? Can't see him staying beyond.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 06:46 (Ref:4204156)   #335
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Both team and driver have remained consistent throughout the saga, maintaining it was a health issue and giving no other information. If there was another underlying issue, unless somebody breaks ranks, we may never know what it was.
Why would Coca-Cola and Shaw & Parnters leave Erebus Motorsport due to a driver having health issues?

Great to see it's sorted in any case! Will Coca-Cola and Shaw & Partners be back?

It's also very curious that the relationship between Erebus Motorsport and their 2022 title sponsor Boost Mobile seems to have soured.

It's also very odd that fellow former sponsor, Steve Blackmore of SCTR, refuses to follow the official Erebus Motorsport company line of Kostecki health issues, much like Adderton:
Quote:
We believe that our decision that we made at the time was based on issues that were occurring that are beyond Brodie not just driving.

Those issues have never been addressed, as far as we're aware. On that basis, there's no interest for us to return and be part of that team.
There are some really, really good men and women that work inside that team. ... It's not about those people, it's about issues at a much higher level.
- Steve Blackmore, SCTR
https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/...ctr-exclusive/

Blackmore's statements are cryptic! Are they incorrect when compared to the more factual statements from Erebus Motorsport?

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 8 Apr 2024 at 06:51.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 06:53 (Ref:4204158)   #336
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 8 Apr 2024, 07:30 (Ref:4204159)   #337
Vassago
Rookie

Vassago should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Kostecki will run #1.

As for the managers, wasn't the dilemma around Nathan Cayzer rather than the departed Shannen Kiely? I mean Cayzer is Kostecki's manager and Erebus' commercial manager at the same time.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 07:54 (Ref:4204164)   #338
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
Kostecki will run #1.

As for the managers, wasn't the dilemma around Nathan Cayzer rather than the departed Shannen Kiely? I mean Cayzer is Kostecki's manager and Erebus' commercial manager at the same time.
The self proclaimed journalists from AdCafe or AutoFiction or even FaxSports might just do well to ask a few questions around this rather than simply proclaiming the return of the messiah unnuanced.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 08:27 (Ref:4204173)   #339
Jack65
Racer

Quote:
Is there any causal link between the departure of the Erebus CEO and Mr Kostecki’s return?
Somebody came up with the fairly disastrous PR strategy that peeved the major sponsors. Perhaps the CEO got to carry the can for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Why would Coca-Cola and Shaw & Parnters leave Erebus Motorsport due to a driver having health issues?
The issue was more to do with a lack of transparency by the team. Something along the lines of being fed a line when they asked questions...allegedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Will Coca-Cola and Shaw & Partners be back?
Doubt it.
Quote:
The self proclaimed journalists from AdCafe or AutoFiction or even FaxSports might just do well to ask a few questions around this rather than simply proclaiming the return of the messiah unnuanced.
They can ask, but if nobody in the know is prepared to brief them, on or off the record, then there is no story. Various big noters claim to know the real reason, yet none have been prepared to say what it is.

As to whether the issue is dead and buried, or it is just a case of contractual obligations being fulfilled, we will have a better idea when Kostecki's 2025 plans are revealed.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 08:32 (Ref:4204176)   #340
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I for one am looking forward to see how Brodie guys on his return to Exodus Racing.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 08:38 (Ref:4204177)   #341
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just when you thought it couldn't get anymore bizarre. He's basically sacrificing the medium to long term (by agreeing to drop Boost logos) in order to get his career restarted, whether it's for the remainder of this year or longer.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 08:47 (Ref:4204178)   #342
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Just when you thought it couldn't get anymore bizarre. He's basically sacrificing the medium to long term (by agreeing to drop Boost logos) in order to get his career restarted, whether it's for the remainder of this year or longer.
The events surrounding the hiatus seem to have annoyed just about every other sponsor enough to run for the hills, why not add another one.. ?
Old 8 Apr 2024, 09:17 (Ref:4204185)   #343
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Todd’s backer TFH stay on the car now?
Old 8 Apr 2024, 09:57 (Ref:4204190)   #344
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Dane and Morris had a bit to say on the subject. Morris is very close to BK, Morris pointed a finger at the team management. Now it's all back to happy families again. Nothing to see here, move on don't ask question pls. Brodie was just needing some time, we all need time don't we. Don't expect any journalists to dig up anything, because there aren't any. They went out with the milkmen.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 12:17 (Ref:4204207)   #345
Speedwagon
Rookie

Speedwagon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Both Dane and Morris had a bit to say on the subject. Morris is very close to BK, Morris pointed a finger at the team management. Now it's all back to happy families again. Nothing to see here, move on don't ask question pls. Brodie was just needing some time, we all need time don't we. Don't expect any journalists to dig up anything, because there aren't any. They went out with the milkmen.
Here’s my read, pure speculation

Brodie tried to get out of his contract to drive for a boost backed entry with (premiAir) (refer: slade down and out Bathurst and Brodie being made to remove a sticker off his lid)

Betty, she has a champ and she’s not letting him walk, let the lesser lights go but not Brodie!

Next year: he’s not resigning for Erebus so it’s going to get more and more awkward.

Has he let go of boost because he’s signed for …. DJR ? With Ford Performance backing him into the USA ala waters ?

Why else would he burn adderton ?
Old 8 Apr 2024, 12:38 (Ref:4204210)   #346
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Here’s me wondering if V8Supercar has a health management protocol in place to test and assess fitness, both mental and physical, prior to being cleared to drive the race car.

Especially since nobody associated with the pilot or team wants to share the health issue.. and the images of the pilot most recently has him looking remarkably svelte.

The usual array of blood tests, hair samples, ct scans, an mri, interviews, physical aptitude tests, checking ingress and egress times for the car…

Dr Claire Lewicki could do the work…
Old 8 Apr 2024, 13:04 (Ref:4204218)   #347
Jack65
Racer

If there was a medical condition, be it mental or physical, that would have deemed the driver unfit to drive, then his competition licence would have been suspended and only reinstated once Motorsport Australia was satisfied the issue had been dealt with.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 13:06 (Ref:4204219)   #348
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
You mean his first sit down 'exclusive' interview with Jess won't begin with the question "can you tell me/sum up your emotions?" ?
Old 8 Apr 2024, 13:52 (Ref:4204226)   #349
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Here’s me wondering if V8Supercar has a health management protocol in place to test and assess fitness, both mental and physical, prior to being cleared to drive the race car.
Sounds reasonable, except Supercars management already know it’s none of the above. So no testing required, just signature on some legal paperwork….
Old 8 Apr 2024, 13:58 (Ref:4204227)   #350
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
Brodie tried to get out of his contract to drive for a boost backed entry with (premiAir) (refer: slade down and out Bathurst and Brodie being made to remove a sticker off his lid)
Adderton teeing off deluxe today, threatening to leave the sport and blahblah talking about "loyalty"