Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 May 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3071942)   #1
jonnytuna
Rookie

jonnytuna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford clutch... technical question

sorry if this is in the wrong forum - but I couldnt find the technical questions bit that morninggents told me to look for....

anyway, here is a nice simple question I am sure someone can answer.

we are in the process of piecing together a lotus twincam for a mk1 cortina with a variety of spares accumulated over the years.

we have a lightweight bell housing BUT the aperture for the slave cylinder is only 28mm, which, from looking for spares, appears to be for a non-lotus model. The questions are ..... was the lotus one a different clutch and required a different or heavier duty slave cylinder and rod? Can we fit this bell housing, with a 28mm slave and rod, onto a lotus clutch plate (if indeed there was such a different part).

I appreciate this is probably a real dumb and novice question so cut me some slack - just trying to get some answers before we go sourcing any parts.... or do we have to stick with one of the steel bell housings we have (with the larger slave housing aperture (about 33mm? or such like).

many thanks - hoping we can get some help!! or at least be redirected to post or move this to the correct forum.