Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Apr 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2666713)   #101
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Neal - Rob Collard

How Neal could even think that was Rob Collards fault is beyond me - I trust the stewards will be giving matt Neal some sort of penalty for a discragceful manouver
Old 4 Apr 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2666740)   #102
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Neal's move was so stupid and it certainly made me angry, especially as it's obvious WSR doesn't have that much money for repairs this year. What made me even more angry though was Neals attempt to blame Collard for the crash. Collard was ahead at all times and was taking his normal racing line through the turn, therefore it was obviously Neals fault, especially as neal could have backed off and avoided it. I hope he gets some sort of penalty for that. And I don't think Collard gets in to that many more accidents than most, he just had a bit of an agressive run a few years back when he was last with WSR and the reputation stuck, I certainly don't think he's a dirty driver.

Apart from all that it was a good weekend. Nice to see O'Neill get some decent results, and good to see Kane win. It may not make that much sense for Turkington to join now, but if someone gets behind him or WSR I don't think Colin would simply not bother.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2666741)   #103
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there is any credability in the rules then Matt Neal should be penalised for that Collard crash, a ban allowing Turkington to take his seat would be appropriate. As per the comments above Neal virtually blamed Collard for being on the track in his way.

Honda signed the wrong driver with Giovanardi, Turkington and Thompson all better to take Honda Racing to a championship IMO.

Paul O'Neill once again proved he is a class act.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2666745)   #104
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Neal should have straight-lined the chicane instead of what happened. Andy Neate had a very similar moment (coming into the corner too quickly).
Old 4 Apr 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2666749)   #105
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
It's a shame the Forster cars aren't there, I was looking forward to seeing how they'd do in those cars, it's the first real independent entry with the BMW's, WSR and Motorbase seem a lot more professional and well funded. I'm really disappointed about how WSR have been going, I hope Collard can turn that around in the next race, and i REALLY hope they can get some money and Turkington back in the car next time out, really miss him.
I don't think WSR and Motorbase would consider themselves anything but independent - just Forster are very much a start-up, small, underfunded & inexperienced independent squad. Motorbase has developed over the years into an almost 'works' quality squad, whilst WSR of course is an ex-works team many years back with Honda, Ford & MG...but take a look at the line-up this year, I think that'll show how well funded they are this year.

It'll be great when Forster turn up, but I think it'll thicken out the competition for Pinkney, AmD Milltek & Boulevard only really.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2666757)   #106
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading this page i havent really seen any answers as to where the Forster cars were. I have been there yesterday and today and it only dawned on me at the start of race 2 that they werent there.

Also this Matt Neal and Rob Collard thing, if it had been say Jackson and Giovanardi would you all be making this big deal over it? We all know what Rob Collard and Matt Neal are like, Jason Plato seems to have cleaned up his act a bit but its about time TOCA sorted them out and told them stuff like that wont be tolerated.

Also i was sat at the last chicane and i have never in the time ive been going to motorsport events heard bangs as loud as they were coming from the AON Focuses when they were on the limiter waiting for the lights to go out. Absolutely awesome noise.

Overall typical BTCC weekend, controversy and good close racing (sometimes a bit too close)
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2666761)   #107
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also this Matt Neal and Rob Collard thing, if it had been say Jackson and Giovanardi would you all be making this big deal over it?
Oh god. Please don't let this turn into yet another one of those threads. Its always about the people rather than the actual crash, for some reason.

Anyhoo, its the BTCC. I liked it - far more interesting to watch than F1, to be honest.

And trebor901, is Thruxton a good circuit spectator-wise? Been thinking of going there myself, but more convinced by places like Brands Hatch - got the history etc etc.

Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2666763)   #108
trebor901
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
Oh god. Please don't let this turn into yet another one of those threads. Its always about the people rather than the actual crash, for some reason.

Anyhoo, its the BTCC. I liked it - far more interesting to watch than F1, to be honest.

And trebor901, is Thruxton a good circuit spectator-wise? Been thinking of going there myself, but more convinced by places like Brands Hatch - got the history etc etc.

Yeah best place is the complex (cambell, cobb, seagrave) or i'd say after sitter there this weekend the last chicane, get to see some of the cars BMW's especially on the limit and getting a little sideways
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2666767)   #109
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor901 View Post
Reading this page i havent really seen any answers as to where the Forster cars were. I have been there yesterday and today and it only dawned on me at the start of race 2 that they werent there.
The engines that were used for Media Day had problems and so both had to be sent back to Schnitzer in Germany. I think the turn around time is 2 weeks - so they simply didn't get the engines back in time to fit them and get the cars down to Thruxton
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2666772)   #110
trebor901
Racer

ah thats a shame will be good to see them when they get out, hopefully they'll be at Rockingham?
Old 4 Apr 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2666774)   #111
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2666778)   #112
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ah thats a shame will be good to see them when they get out, hopefully they'll be at Rockingham?
Yes, from what I've read, they will be out at Rockingham, sounds like it was just a case of not having enough time.

Shame they couldn't race, I think they may have scored a point or 2 if you consider the number of cars who had problems in the first race etc.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2666780)   #113
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
With a two week turn-around time for rebuilds and seemingly no spare engines it was inevitable they would end up missing at least one meeting this year.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2666782)   #114
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal's move was a joke, it was never on. I know Collard has been as bad in the past but I feel sorry for him today. Think he would have won that race otherwise.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 4 Apr 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2666793)   #115
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Rob gets involved in so many accidents though. So, so many.
I'm not the biggest Rob Collard fan in the world, but I'm tired of your constant digs at him. Give it a rest please. It's even worse than Icebaby's persistant vendetta against Jelley and Pinkney from last year.

I think Neal should realise that being a works driver brings a responsibility to drive a bit better than that.

Giovanardi showed what a class act he is and Plato did well too, I was impressed with how he drove today.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2666796)   #116
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, Plato has "mellowed" I think slightly these last couple of years, he doesn't seem to get involved in as many iffy incidents.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2666803)   #117
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incident between Neal & Collard will be investigated by stewards before the next meeting at Rockingham.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2666805)   #118
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
I don't think WSR and Motorbase would consider themselves anything but independent - just Forster are very much a start-up, small, underfunded & inexperienced independent squad. Motorbase has developed over the years into an almost 'works' quality squad, whilst WSR of course is an ex-works team many years back with Honda, Ford & MG...but take a look at the line-up this year, I think that'll show how well funded they are this year.

It'll be great when Forster turn up, but I think it'll thicken out the competition for Pinkney, AmD Milltek & Boulevard only really.
Yes, this is what I meant, but much better worded! I think it will be interesting to see the BMW's for the first time in a small team, because we've only seen some quite big teams run them in the past.

I agree with the comments on Plato as well, he drove much better this weekend than in the past, I just hope he doesn't ruin it by doing something stupid like when he drove into Turkington at Snetterton last year.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one watching the lasst race today who was just thinking "this isn't going to end well for Collard" when Neal was catching them at the beginning of the race. I could just see something happening when he caught up, and sure enough...
Old 4 Apr 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2666814)   #119
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm not the biggest Rob Collard fan in the world, but I'm tired of your constant digs at him.
Don't read my posts then. Simple.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2666882)   #120
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thought was, Collard and Neal on the same bit of track? Recipe for disaster. So it proved.. Mind you, I was thinking the same of Plato/Neal in race 2 and hoping for something for Owy and it came to pass (though that, I think, was an actual racing incident). Have to say, even as someone who quite likes Neal, he was completely in the wrong on this one - waaay too ambitious a move that was never going to come off. Sheds on the other hand was very good when he wasn't forced onto an over ambitous strategy...

If I was to have a sneaky fiver on anyone to win it this year it would be Gordon - go Super Sheds, and bring back Tintop Tuesday while you're at it

And someone, please, put Paul in some good S2K or NGTC machinery next year - what he's doing with that Integra is awesome, stick him in something up to date and he would be a championship challenger.

PS - special mention for Shaun in the Golf in race 2 - it was great watching you racing John George through the complex. TV might not have shown it, but from what I saw all you need is a bit more horsepower. The car looks and sounds great, I would have said hello but you guys looked a bit busy...
Old 5 Apr 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2666995)   #121
trebor901
Racer

Also where was Lea Wood yesterday?
Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2667005)   #122
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Also where was Lea Wood yesterday?
He always said he'll be doing the series from Brands Hatch onwards.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2667007)   #123
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding all the woories about getting away from the circuit, with the BTCC race being the last race, it must have taken me all of ......... 5 minutes!
Must be a record, well done to all involved.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2667022)   #124
trebor901
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Regarding all the woories about getting away from the circuit, with the BTCC race being the last race, it must have taken me all of ......... 5 minutes!
Must be a record, well done to all involved.
it took us nearly an hour cos they decided to let all the team trucks for the support races out before the public
Old 5 Apr 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2667049)   #125
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm not the biggest Rob Collard fan in the world, but I'm tired of your constant digs at him. Give it a rest please. It's even worse than Icebaby's persistant vendetta against Jelley and Pinkney from last year.

Afraid your a year out on Jelley as it was 2008 I felt he underperfromed and this was pretty much the feeling of many, 2009 he did well and pleased for him.

Pinkney underperformed in 2009 in a car capable of winning races, 2010 he's off to a solid start although his car livery is not pretty.

I do agree with you on Rob Collard though, he simply finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, he pays alot of money to race and therefore doesn't expect a driver to simply ram him out the way as he said.