Kovalainen 0 0%
Glock 1 1.01%
Other 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3168437)   #51
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Because we are allowed to make our own choice?
Massa was good for his standards, but I don't know about driver of the race. Still, it's a democracy here. You can even defend Ferrari if you want of course. Massa will never be driver of the race for me when he acts as Ferrari's sacrificial lamb though.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3168440)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Massa was good for his standards, but I don't know about driver of the race. Still, it's a democracy here. You can even defend Ferrari if you want of course. Massa will never be driver of the race for me when he acts as Ferrari's sacrificial lamb though.
Maybe it's written into his contract?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3168461)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I voted for Button. Looked to be having a lot of fun out there. Should have finished even higher up were it not for throttle pedal glitch in qualifying and KERS problem in race. Vettel and Hamilton were always going to finish either first or second, so not much to see there, really. Lots of good driving from many of the drivers, too.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3168479)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You can even defend Ferrari if you want of course.
I do and I have.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3168482)   #55
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton I guess. Good race!

This was a very good demonstration of the RBR's characteristics. A car that can set the fastest lap times due to its massive downforce but needs to be qualified on pole and be able to maintain a gap greater than one second to P2 because it has poor top speed and is an easy DRS victim. A McLaren that's almost as fast in qualifying is likely to pass the RBR during the race.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3168491)   #56
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Hamilton I guess. Good race!

This was a very good demonstration of the RBR's characteristics. A car that can set the fastest lap times due to its massive downforce but needs to be qualified on pole and be able to maintain a gap greater than one second to P2 because it has poor top speed and is an easy DRS victim. A McLaren that's almost as fast in qualifying is likely to pass the RBR during the race.
I don't think the lower top speed of the Red Bulls is much of a disadvantage really. Lewis had DRS a few times and couldn't just waltz up to Vettel easily, because the Red Bulls gain a big advantage getting out of the corners with their superior grip and traction.

That was a great drive by Hamilton, hunting down a superior car ( 2 actually), avoiding a big accident when Vettel petulantly jinked right, then staying in front.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3168495)   #57
jedrinck
Racer

So Hamilton made the pass because of his greatness and not because he was faster at the end of the straight?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3168496)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It seemed to me that both McLaren's were hitting the limiters far too early, but were still much faster than the Red Bull's down the straights.

I think that it's a good idea that the FIA are going to limit DRS use to just the DRS zones for next season. It should stop all of this fiddling around with various DRS in order to gain too much advantage in qualifying.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3168498)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So Hamilton made the pass because of his greatness and not because he was faster at the end of the straight?
you could boil everything in a grand prix down to that level of banal scientificness if you wanted. life's a bit short to look at everything with that kind of a magnifying glass
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3168503)   #60
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still, the point is why? why was Massa the driver of the race?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3168507)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Because he always drives with one hand tied behind his back.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3168510)   #62
jedrinck
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
you could boil everything in a grand prix down to that level of banal scientificness if you wanted. life's a bit short to look at everything with that kind of a magnifying glass
I thought that was the whole point of this forum!? Apparently then no one here knows what to do with their lives.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3168513)   #63
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought that was the whole point of this forum!? Apparently then no one here knows what to do with their lives.
i'm pretty sure the sign up process involves some sort of statement that admits that the user has forgone any right to a normal life outside of tenths
Old 19 Nov 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3168531)   #64
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is this some kind of joke ? Oh yes, this is the joke !
Old 19 Nov 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3168563)   #65
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
For me, because he didn't let the team sabotaging him get him down (which he has in the past) and turned in a drive reminiscent of the pre-accident Felipe.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3168570)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And because some people wanted to vote for him - simples.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3168574)   #67
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most important than anything else...
Old 19 Nov 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3168597)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
For me, because he didn't let the team sabotaging him get him down (which he has in the past) and turned in a drive reminiscent of the pre-accident Felipe.
Not that I should need to justify my choice, but !

Old 19 Nov 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3168600)   #69
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And because some people wanted to vote for him - simples.
There's a reason for everything though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not that I should need to justify my choice, but !

You don't have to justify your choice, Mike, but it's helpful for other users if you do.

Re: Karthikeyan, he always looks one of the less 'cooperative' ones with jumping out of the way of the leaders. Perhaps he uses his three strikes and you get a penalty allowance with blue flags smarter than the others.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3168605)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

People, it's advisable that when you vote, you must justify your vote, more importantly, with reasonable details...

Or next time the moderator will add a poll only with drivers that the moderator thinks that deserves a vote.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3168624)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does that include Mr. 'Other' ?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3168632)   #72
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Does that include Mr. 'Other' ?
Specially !
Old 19 Nov 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3168634)   #73
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It seemed to me that both McLaren's were hitting the limiters far too early, but were still much faster than the Red Bull's down the straights.

I think that it's a good idea that the FIA are going to limit DRS use to just the DRS zones for next season. It should stop all of this fiddling around with various DRS in order to gain too much advantage in qualifying.
Rubbish, I thought it was one of the better points that you have to pick whether to compromise your car for qualy or for the race.

But I guess this means we get differences between the cars and heaven forbid we have that.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3168644)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still prefer to see a Raikkonen/Hulkenberg type pass with pure skill than an overtake on a straight under DRS/KERS......
Old 19 Nov 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3168648)   #75
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Absolutely !!