Other 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Nov 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3168654)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are (IMO) three drivers of this race, Hamilton for sheer doggedness, Massa for obvious reasons and Button for getting back into the fight from 12th. I've given up voting on these things simply because the comments from certain quarters are just tedious so I'll abstain again.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3168657)   #77
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
There are (IMO) three drivers of this race, Hamilton for sheer doggedness, Massa for obvious reasons and Button for getting back into the fight from 12th. I've given up voting on these things simply because the comments from certain quarters are just tedious so I'll abstain again.
I understand your point, Peter.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3168672)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

You don't have to justify your choice, Mike, but it's helpful for other users if you do.
Listen, I'm scared stiff of you F1 forum guys. Right out of my comfort zone on here!

Truth is, I expected Vettel to be at the front, expected Lewis to hound him, expected Alonso to finish well up, expected JB to climb to a respectable position, but didn't expect Massa to race that well and finish 4th. So IMO driver of the race.......

I was tempted to vote Lewis, though. Love to see him race like that, and show how much he enjoyed it afterwards. For me, quote of the race (over radio from him)- "That was WICKED!"

Old 19 Nov 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3168692)   #79
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes you'll only be told you are wrong and not allowed to vote for what you did. Which is odd for something that asks for your opinion.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3168698)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes you'll only be told you are wrong and not allowed to vote for what you did.
That's just your opinion. In my opinion Peter should be required to express his opinion. Perhaps he could go up-market and 'opine' instead........
Old 19 Nov 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3168733)   #81
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes you'll only be told you are wrong and not allowed to vote for what you did. Which is odd for something that asks for your opinion.
I know what you mean, Adam, but this does not take into account that the thread is more involving if we can question someone's decision, not in a dismissive way, but in a debating way. Sure, we can all just write our opinion and say nothing of others' but that lowers the potential of the thread.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3168735)   #82
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Discussion good. Dismissive not.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3168741)   #83
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Actually there appears to be some subliminal bias here from the poll creator which may have influenced my decision to vote for Massa:

His is the ONLY driver's name on the list of choices to be in italics. Is that a "wink, wink...nod, nod...know what I mean?, know what I mean?" attempt at getting Massa votes? Would Massa have got less votes than Massa?

This entire poll is invalid! I suggest you get that cleared up by Brazil!

Last edited by Spritle; 19 Nov 2012 at 21:30.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3168757)   #84
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bruno did a great race.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3168761)   #85
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Actually there appears to be some subliminal bias here from the poll creator which may have influenced my decision to vote for Massa:

His is the ONLY driver's name on the list of choices to be in italics. Is that a "wink, wink...nod, nod...know what I mean?, know what I mean?" attempt at getting Massa votes? Would Massa have got less votes than Massa?

This entire poll is invalid! I suggest you get that cleared up by Brazil!
It's in italic because you voted for him, not the other way around !
Old 19 Nov 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3168765)   #86
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
See, I told you I was (under the) influence...

I hate poles, except Robert Kubica of course.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3168786)   #87
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton - Superb
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3168799)   #88
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Hamilton. He won the race, which is the object of the exercise. More than that was the way he won it.

I also enjoyed watching JB work his way through and some very ballsy driving from the Iceman.

Why have so many people picked Massa? For performing better than his teammate all weekend (after a shocking earlier part to the season)? Or was it just a sympathy vote?
Probably sympathy vote. It seems all Massa has to do is drive faster than his team mate (though not beat him, that will never be allowed at Ferrari) and it's an amazing, DOTR worthy performance.

While McLaren and Red Bull were well ahead of Ferrari in this race on pace, Ferrari were also well clear of Lotus and Lotus well clear of everyone else. It wasn't really a close race - only made a bit more exciting by Massa and Button having to come through, and Schumacher dropping like a stone.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3168800)   #89
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Probably sympathy vote. It seems all Massa has to do is drive faster than his team mate (though not beat him, that will never be allowed at Ferrari) and it's an amazing, DOTR worthy performance.

While McLaren and Red Bull were well ahead of Ferrari in this race on pace, Ferrari were also well clear of Lotus and Lotus well clear of everyone else. It wasn't really a close race - only made a bit more exciting by Massa and Button having to come through, and Schumacher dropping like a stone.

Watching Hamilton hunting down Vettel didn't do anything for you?

Worked for me!
Old 20 Nov 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3169064)   #90
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton for getting the job done. Honorable mention to Massa and Button. To Massa for sucking it up after being sacrificed by the team and putting in a great drive otherwise. To Button for dealing with poor qualifying position due to mechanical issues/bad start and still cleanly racing through the field. I think others had a good race as well.

Richard
Old 20 Nov 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3169071)   #91
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would say Button did better than Massa.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3169121)   #92
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes (although I hate to admit it) Hamilton drove a fantastic race, certainly hard to dispute him being driver of the race, BUT, for me it has to be Massa, not only for a remarkable drive through the field, but in accepting the penalty like a true gentleman and team mate. He did not like it, and who can blame him, but there were no histrionics or complaints, and I can not see any other driver in the field who would have been so supportive of his team when it was needed.

Some will consider him 'soft' naturally enough but it is nice to see that there is still an element of sportsmanship surviving in the present jungle of F1.

PS; Remember the Webber front wing affair at Silverstone a while back?

Toys and pram spring to mind.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3169213)   #93
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

It's not sportsmanship.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3169216)   #94
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Yes (although I hate to admit it) Hamilton drove a fantastic race, certainly hard to dispute him being driver of the race, BUT, for me it has to be Massa, not only for a remarkable drive through the field, but in accepting the penalty like a true gentleman and team mate. He did not like it, and who can blame him, but there were no histrionics or complaints, and I can not see any other driver in the field who would have been so supportive of his team when it was needed.

Some will consider him 'soft' naturally enough but it is nice to see that there is still an element of sportsmanship surviving in the present jungle of F1.

PS; Remember the Webber front wing affair at Silverstone a while back?

Toys and pram spring to mind.
Yes, "soft" is one word for it. Sadly, there was no "element of sportsmanship". He wasn't being sporting; he just got dumped on by his team, and he took it.

In a season where he has struggled most of the year, he finally came good and did a better job in qualifying than his team-mate. His reward was to be deliberately nobbled by his own team. He's just the Ferrari doormat.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 04:01 (Ref:3169294)   #95
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Watching Hamilton hunting down Vettel didn't do anything for you?

Worked for me!
Well it was nail-biting I guess. Unfortunately I'm a big Vettel fan and did not want to see it go down to Brazil where anything can happen.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3169346)   #96
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Yes, "soft" is one word for it. Sadly, there was no "element of sportsmanship". He wasn't being sporting; he just got dumped on by his team, and he took it.

In a season where he has struggled most of the year, he finally came good and did a better job in qualifying than his team-mate. His reward was to be deliberately nobbled by his own team. He's just the Ferrari doormat.
Hasn't he been given a new contract?

Poor baby.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3169433)   #97
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Poor baby !

Old 21 Nov 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3169444)   #98
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Why hasn't Karthikeyan/Other received more votes? He played a good part.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3169551)   #99
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I would say Button did better than Massa.
And yet Button had the chance to jump Massa during the stops and couldn't...yep he did so much better !!
Old 21 Nov 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3169575)   #100
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
And yet Button had the chance to jump Massa during the stops and couldn't...yep he did so much better !!
Massa should have started ahead of Alonso, but only finished ahead of Button. Overall, Button did better.

I think that Button pulled off some of the best overtakes in the race. I can't remember the last time that he tried to pull off a bad one.