Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2023, 04:56 (Ref:4163939)   #26
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
that was quick.

I will have to think about ..........

OK done. will be there 2024
Hoping to be there with you!
(Fingers crossed that she will not be born today)

Last edited by CTD; 16 Jun 2023 at 05:25.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 06:50 (Ref:4163948)   #27
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=Peter Mallett;4163823]BSJ wasn't a bad place to be overall, it was well maintained and there was a cafe and bar. Trouble is, it all folded at 5pm on Sundsy, so those who were staying until Monday am needed to be sure they had food and drink for the evening.

same at Epinettes, stopped selling drinks and food soon after the race.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4163984)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Just seen a social media post saying there are now 30,000 ACO members. Interesting info for context.

Expecting it to be even more difficult to certain types of tickets for next year's race.
I saw that too. I must confess I thought the figure would be higher than that.
Old 16 Jun 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4164046)   #29
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2024 ? Really not sure ... do I call it a day at 30 visits (28x24 and 2 LMC) culminating in Ferrari's return at the centenary or keep going ?

There are more motorsport things to do and see - racing at Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, Road America and Mosport to name but four or return to Doune for the King of the Hills ... and I can keep up with LM on WEC / Eurosport.

These days, I tend to go to races to take photos and then see who won, rather than the other way round and LM is not the easiest.

On the other hand, I did renew my ACO membership (since 97) this year and a quick weekend visit (like most of the previous ones) could just fit in ... we shall see come ticket time in the autumn.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 08:46 (Ref:4164097)   #30
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will be there. I have been nervously waiting for some friends to confirm their wedding date and it is 22nd June!
Old 17 Jun 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4164132)   #31
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only managed to wangle my (unpaid) leave for this year after pulling the "I've worked here 7 years and it's my stag" line. Can't play that card again.

But try and stop me from going!!
Old 17 Jun 2023, 23:32 (Ref:4164295)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You could get divorced and then marry again?
Old 18 Jun 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4164326)   #33
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
BSJ wasn't a bad place to be overall, it was well maintained and there was a cafe and bar. Trouble is, it all folded at 5pm on Sundsy, so those who were staying until Monday am needed to be sure they had food and drink for the evening.

I'm minded to get my entry and stand tickets from the ACO but go back to a package for the camping etc. I still think Porsche Curves, although expensive, is a good place to stay, the bar and cafe stays open until later on the Sunday, you have a great view of the track and thus it's better to spend the final two/three hours watching from there, thus missing the Scramble for the last buses before 4pm.
Went onto track for presentations from gate by start line after watching finish and all the cars come back through the Marshalls at Ford/Motul chicanes.

Very busy on track for presentations and then went to look at the finish pound near pit entry.

From there took a leisurely stroll down the track towards Porsche curves looking at all the various skid marks and barrier tyre barriers etc. Came off track by bridge (Pont curve in Porsche curves section) and down embankment by TD Porsche curves site. Under bridge and you’re 150 metres or so from BSJ roundabout or even closer to allotment path.

Did still have cold beers at camp (threw some ice away Monday am), but also private site bar and food options by trackside (by then public road bit) and site winds down after breakfast on Monday.

Shame the normal bit of BSJ winds down so quick - 2017 everything shut in village at 4pm so opening a bit later now but could still open a bit longer at campsites and help ease post race departure rush.
Old 18 Jun 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4164327)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
YhT sounds like a plan for next year.
Old 18 Jun 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4164528)   #35
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
YhT sounds like a plan for next year.
Think TD Porsche curves with view sold out July last year (not sure if other TD site nearby (just under bridge past allotments) also gets Porsche curves access at main site) and Lycian (inside at start of Porsche) has had an interest list going since October 2023. We do pay a lot for security, trackside location and less queues for toilets and showers and most of the site is now pre-erected glamping type (scout) tents.

Out of interest, was the BSJ fan zone stadium food and stadium prices? Drove past 8 or 9 times and looked OK but did notice some of the normal independent outlets further inside BSJ were missing.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 05:46 (Ref:4164558)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been with TD before. All of their guests have access to Porsche Curves including those in Glamping, other side of the bridge and those in flexotels near Port Est. Because of the confusion last year I missed out on my reservation. AFAIK there was only the one "fan zone" in BSJ and I only stopped for a beer and can't recall the price.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4164574)   #37
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder there will be less people next year, cause the "hype" of Centenary will be passed.
Maybe we will return at a normal number for a Le Mans week, as 2015 or 2016 (less or more 260 000 spectators).
Old 19 Jun 2023, 08:51 (Ref:4164579)   #38
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would wager (although I am a notoriously poor gambler) that next year will be just as busy due to the added publicity for a Ferrari win, extra hypercar entries, Rossi joining the top class, the additional hypercar brands (maybe also new GT3 brands - Audi/Ford/Bentley/Mercedes/etc) inviting their own set of corporate guests/journos/influencers/people off of the Hit Parade/etc meaning the average punter is squeezed into an even smaller pool of parking/camping/seating.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4164604)   #39
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
GS seats will be in even shorter supply - block in front of us 120 or so seats in front corner of T23 closest to start line had 5-10 empty seats at start and was 50-75% empty for last hour or so of race.

Lots of people struggled for views of starting hour or so and even first 3 or 4 hours in the main straight up towards Dunlop area - so may deter a few.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4164614)   #40
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I reckon it will sell out again, and quickly.
Old 19 Jun 2023, 14:28 (Ref:4164627)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll certainly be camping on the ACO site when tickets go on sale.... (again).
Old 19 Jun 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4164636)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll certainly be camping on the ACO site when tickets go on sale.... (again).
But you hate camping Andrew
Old 19 Jun 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4164651)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll be camping at home on my chair in my study.....
Old 22 Jun 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4164981)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But you hate camping Andrew
Old 30 Jun 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4165954)   #45
clkgtrlm2
Rookie

clkgtrlm2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will definitely be there..........my 50th Birthday and will be 25th Le Mans!
Old 4 Jul 2023, 08:45 (Ref:4166636)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
When I spoke to a couple of chaps from 1st Tickets recently, they told me that they (and other agencies) had been sworn to secrecy about the ACO's plans for the various campsite and parking changes, until the ACO had announced their ticketing plans. Do we think the same "delayed" release of camping etc. will happen again this year?
Old 4 Jul 2023, 10:11 (Ref:4166649)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Personally I think that's disgraceful. The worst part about the changed plans was not telling us - not even telling members. And not even telling some of their own staff! Personally I hope they'll have had so much adverse feedback that they issue entry/GS/camping/parking all at the same time for next year. Hopefully they'll also have the parking sticker situation sorted for next year so that stickers go out as soon as they're ordered.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4166652)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Personally I think that's disgraceful.
I agree and of course I also hope they'll have a change of mind for next year.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 10:53 (Ref:4166658)   #49
Mike E
Veteran

They should also open the ticket resale site as soon as any individual ticket type sells out. Otherwise it's just the eBay lottery again.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4166713)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As far as I was concerned, the ticket resale site worked really well as long as you knew how to use it with the Telegram software that I found on PH.