Trulli 0 0%
Kimi 7 4.38%
Webber 74 46.25%
Other 2 1.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 May 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1620930)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver Of The Race - Monaco Grand Prix

Wow! What a race! Some great drives amongst the hectic action round the streets of Monaco.

Alonso - winner of the race, withstood a lot of pressure and worked through the traffic very well. Can you ask more?

Kimi - made a race of it with Alonso. Quick.

Webber - in the hunt, until the traffic hit. Then Fisichella blew his engine.

Montoya - same as Webber, not quite as fast though. A nice result.

Trulli - Almost got his first 2006 podium. Shocking luck.

Barrichello - well ahead of Button, nearly podium, but not awesome.

DC - nice podium, RBR's first! Nude harbour dive on the cards?

Schuey - points through the outrage! Fastest lap.

Or maybe it was someone else?

I voted Mark Webber. I really enjoyed his drive today.
Old 28 May 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1620933)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monaco Driver of the Day

Well a Stunning race easily best of the season.

So then candidates..

Fernando Alonso - A crusing victory
Webber - Solid effort a podium thrown atleast
Kimi - Another great effort thrawted by Merc
JPM - Solid
M Schumacher - such determination...
DC - A podium for RBR!!! fantastic race....

other candidates... Rubens, Trulli anyne else?
Old 28 May 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1620934)   #3
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
schumacher no doubt for me, with a very honourable mention to webber
Old 28 May 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1620935)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Merge comng on
Old 28 May 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1620936)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Albers. Hit his team mate at the start, then hit a Super Aguri mid race. What a legend!
Old 28 May 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1620938)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
I shall give it to Webber.... A fantastic drive for me... I believe he couldve finished 2nd maybe even won..
It was a great effort...
Old 28 May 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1620940)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
How come Button not on the list
Old 28 May 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1620943)   #8
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi, hands down. Really fast, I believe he would have won the race if not for the safety car. He was the fastest today. Alonso was very good as always, nothing exceptional again, he never needs to do anything exceptional. MS was good, but his points came as a gift from the heavens. Trulli was very good. Webber was very good. I can feel their (and Raikkonen's) frustration. Barrichelo was uninteresting as always, lucky as always, great job.
Old 28 May 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1620945)   #9
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber for me as well

when will his luck change.
Old 28 May 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1620950)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DC just because he may have benefitted from a few retirements but I can think of no good reason to give it to the most outstanding drive, that of Mickey-the-Shoe because he put himself in that position through (according to the Stewards) breaking the rules. So DC it is well done for the first Red Bull podium.

Hon mensh's for;

Webber, drove well although seemed to be asleep when Kimi passed him.

Fernando - Masterful drive.

Kimi - Excellent performance.

Fisi - Fun to watch but he's leagues away from Fernando.

No others come to mind.

Bad drives? I'd sack Barrichello for being a fraud. There was more speed in that car but he took (and I hesitate to use the phrase) the coward's route to points. He should have been out there fighting for them instead he gave up as soon as he found he could hold people back. Dreadful performance.

Button - Possibly the worst I've ever seen of him. He needs a kick up the @rse.
Old 28 May 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1620951)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where's the poll?
Old 28 May 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1620957)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the top of the page.
Old 28 May 2006, 14:04 (Ref:1620958)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
As usual.
Old 28 May 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1620960)   #14
Warrior21
Rookie

Warrior21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So sending MS to the rear of the grid didn't ruin the race!
Old 28 May 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1620962)   #15
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
schummy for me! awesome.
Old 28 May 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1620968)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'm fond of Mark Webber, so I'm perhaps a little biased, but he was definitely my driver of the day.

However, his was only one of many excellent performances in what was, in my opinion, 2006's best Grand Prix so far.
Old 28 May 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1620972)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schumacher.

The World Championship fight is still on. Just.
Old 28 May 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1620979)   #18
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
michael gets my nod for a great charge from the very back of the field, and being so close to a podium finish at the end of the race.
kimi, webber and trulli also drove fantastic, but were denied the results unforunately. also dc did very well to end up on the podium in the red bull.
Old 28 May 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1620998)   #19
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher .. more passes at Monaco that i can remember ..

Ciao Marco
Old 28 May 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1621011)   #20
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it had to Webber and Kimi, shame that neither of them can get any luck.
Old 28 May 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1621013)   #21
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Webber. He was close to the leading duo all the time, and faster than Montoya. stunning drive
Old 28 May 2006, 14:57 (Ref:1621026)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great drives from Alonso, Kimi and Michael; even better by Mark Webber; he deserved so much more. However, I'll go for DC; great drive after being held up (like a lot of others!) behind Rubens and the ability to change to a one stop strategy and stick at it in a car which really isn't a podium car. The fact that he benefited from attrition does not belittle the achievement.
Old 28 May 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1621034)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Ha
For me it had to Webber and Kimi, shame that neither of them can get any luck.
True. Strange how one incident can change the pattern of a race.

In this case it was Webber's retirement, which led to the Safety Car intervention, which then led to Kimi's retirement.

I've voted for Mark on this occasion, but would have loved to see either of them win.
Old 28 May 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1621039)   #24
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were to decide, I'd want Kimi 1st, Webber 2nd, Trulli 3rd. Three great drivers, three great drives, three mechanical failures. I almost quit watching motorsports when these things happen......... but that's the beauty of it after all? Well, maybe.
Old 28 May 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1621050)   #25
Flat Foot
Rookie

Bahrain
Flat Foot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they didn'l pull Shumy to the back, it would have been more interesting and a tough race for Alonso! Webber did an oustanding performance despite his engine blow, he could have finished on the poduim for sure.....